Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 15:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Sea grey Figo TDCi : One year report @17000KMs

The car has done 16K KMs and running fine. I guess the only issues are:

1) Car stalls occasionally on depressing the clutch. A problem that I am not able to replicate to the service center, so left it at that.

2) Squeaks from rear parcel trim or in that area.

I have written to ford along with details of all the people facing that problem of stalling, there is no update yet. I have taken up with the Ford about the squeaks and they are pretty responsive, but take their own sweet time.

A ford engineer inspected my vehicle somewhere during Diwali and the squeaks disappeared back then only to resurface after a month. Ever since there a lot of deliberations and the Ford Engineer is back again and the car is with garage for last three days.

Ford has given me a replacement Fiesta 1.6 which is really fun to drive in the mean time but simultaneously drilling huge holes in my pocket. Just got a call from the garage that the problem of squeaks has been completely rectified and solved but they were not able to replicate the stalling and hence are not doing anything for it.

Except for the above the car is doing good. The most recent mileage calculated was at 16.8 kmpl with full a/c. Over all I am OK with the car. I would be happy if the squeaks get solved permanently. Here is hoping for the best. Will update soon.

I was almost tempted to advance my 20K service to 16K as my last service was at 9700. But somehow held back!

Last edited by anilisanil : 10th June 2011 at 15:05.
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:27   #62
BHPian

@ AnilisAnil,

You reported FE of 19.6 kmpl in some earlier posts. As per last post it seems to be in 16/17 kmpl range. Have you analyzed reasons for this. I feel that as your Odo reads more and more FE should improve but its declining.

Have you changed your route or something wrong with Driving style, engine settings or Fuel brand ?
Old 22nd June 2011, 23:14   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
@ AnilisAnil,

You reported FE of 19.6 kmpl in some earlier posts. As per last post it seems to be in 16/17 kmpl range. Have you analyzed reasons for this. I feel that as your Odo reads more and more FE should improve but its declining.

Have you changed your route or something wrong with Driving style, engine settings or Fuel brand ?
It is due to the change in weather. Pune winters are pretty cold at temperatures around 15-20 degrees during day compare that to 35-40 degrees in summer the fuel efficiency decreases.

Also the a/c plays a lot of role as the compressor is much more loaded in summers. At 19.6 engine oil is much better and may result in better mileage.
Old 23rd June 2011, 02:39   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
It is due to the change in weather. Pune winters are pretty cold at temperatures around 15-20 degrees during day compare that to 35-40 degrees in summer the fuel efficiency decreases. Also the a/c plays a lot of role as the compressor is much more loaded in summers. At 19.6 engine oil is much better and may result in better mileage.
Well, Due to Larger compressor, load on Engine increases and FE drops down, thats the equation. However for engine oil can, change in grade of oil will help a bit ? In some thread it was mentioned that the owner requested to put suitable oil for Local Climate. I dont remember the exact grades but as per him, ASSC guys were putting engine oil suitable for Cold climates but he requested for Oil suitable for Hot climate. I will check my references and post the link.
Old 23rd June 2011, 19:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, Due to Larger compressor, load on Engine increases and FE drops down, thats the equation. However for engine oil can, change in grade of oil will help a bit ? In some thread it was mentioned that the owner requested to put suitable oil for Local Climate. I dont remember the exact grades but as per him, ASSC guys were putting engine oil suitable for Cold climates but he requested for Oil suitable for Hot climate. I will check my references and post the link.

apart from the load on compressor, colder air means denser air which results in better fuel+air mixture and hence better efficiency.

Regarding engine oil, I honestly feel there is no necessity for going to "climate specific" oils, I stick to ford OEM oil which is semi-synthetic.
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:32   #66
BHPian

Quote:
apart from the load on compressor, colder air means denser air which results in better fuel+air mixture and hence better efficiency.

Regarding engine oil, I honestly feel there is no necessity for going to "climate specific" oils, I stick to ford OEM oil which is semi-synthetic.
Will using K&N filters help in getting better mileage ? As far As my knowledge goes they provide more air compared to Paper Filters. What do you think ?
Old 23rd June 2011, 22:40   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will using K&N filters help in getting better mileage ? As far As my knowledge goes they provide more air compared to Paper Filters. What do you think ?
K&N Air filters are not recommended for turbo charged diesels, and it make hardly any difference for a 1.4 L diesel.
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:15   #68
Senior - BHPian

365 days, 17000 kms, lots of fun, many visits to service centers, a few squeaks, 2 accidents and one happy driver sums it up all.

Yes, my Ash turned one today and I shall agree it has been quite an eventful year. I have been a terse updater all this while as the writer in me (yes I am a self proclaimed one who never does anything but dream about the costly cars I could buy when I become successful :P) has been hibernating. And for all you who are reaching for vomit bags, no I have not woken up, however much you think otherwise.

So after the last updates, I have managed to pester the Selvans, Elizabeths, Blossom Baby Kutties (did you observe the plural for Kutty?) and the likes in the Ford's chennai factory to do something permanent (hopefully) to solve the squeaks, I am having a squeak free car for last 1000 kms and believe me I am saving a lot on headache tablets of late.

I am a certified cynic, I don't like answering anything in positive. But in our last Mumbai-Pune mega meet when I met GTO and he asked point blank if I was happy with the car, I couldn't help but say yes. I felt bad I said yes, you don't like to go against your primordial instincts, but alas, there is no other answer to that question.

Did Ford's gesture of giving me free 20K service for all the visits i made to service center play a significant role in that YES? May be, but who cares? I am happy!

And that happiness made me go out and go against my principle of not celebrating any thing that happens every year as a repetition and made me do some pepping up for my car. All words no pictures made Anil's article a pain, no I would not let you think so. SO let these pictures do the rest of the talking!

Sea grey Figo TDCi : One year report @17000KMs-20110703.jpg

note: click on the pic for better viewing experience!

Last edited by anilisanil : 3rd July 2011 at 22:19.
anilisanil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:48   #69
BHPian

Happy anniversary to Ash and Anil

Quote:
365 days, 17000 kms, lots of fun, many visits to service centers, a few squeaks, 2 accidents and one happy driver sums it up all.
Perfect summary!
Quote:
when I met GTO and he asked point blank if I was happy with the car, I couldn't help but say yes. I felt bad I said yes, you don't like to go against your primordial instincts, but alas, there is no other answer to that question.
Indeed. First thing that comes up to my mind too is that I am very happy with the car. Then all the minor niggles and visit to the A.S.S creeps up and poses questions, but Never strong enough to change the answer!

Wish you many more happy miles with Ash!

Quote:
SO let these pictures do the rest of the talking!
Can you please explain the pics? Have you installed any light inside?
figo_united is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:12   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, my Ash turned one today and I shall agree it has been quite an eventful year. I have been a terse updater all this while as the writer in me (yes I am a self proclaimed one who never does anything but dream about the costly cars I could buy when I become successful :P) has been hibernating. And for all you who are reaching for vomit bags, no I have not woken up, however much you think otherwise.
Congratulations For Happy revving Year with Figo. Wish you many more happier mile crunching years in future.

Quote:
So after the last updates, I have managed to pester the Selvans, Elizabeths, Blossom Baby Kutties (did you observe the plural for Kutty?) and the likes in the Ford's chennai factory to do something permanent (hopefully) to solve the squeaks, I am having a squeak free car for last 1000 kms and believe me I am saving a lot on headache tablets of late.

I am a certified cynic, I don't like answering anything in positive. But in our last Mumbai-Pune mega meet when I met GTO and he asked point blank if I was happy with the car, I couldn't help but say yes. I felt bad I said yes, you don't like to go against your primordial instincts, but alas, there is no other answer to that question.

Did Ford's gesture of giving me free 20K service for all the visits i made to service center play a significant role in that YES? May be, but who cares? I am happy!
Good to know that even after two accidents and intense follow up with SC (and Ford off course) for squeak resolution you are happy. I also appreciate ford's gesture of Free 20K service. It seems that Ford is pampering Figo customers to consolidate its foot in B segment market.

Quote:
note: click on the pic for better viewing experience!
Its really awesome.

Can you please elaborate what you have done with pictures. I liked the Shining Figo logo very much and would like to have those lights and Shining Logo in my car too. You know your Temp etc. view Video is being refereed at many places on net. Congratulations for that. Hope this pepping up trick will also be refereed in similar manner.
whitelion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 10:54   #71
Senior - BHPian

Great way to bring up the anniversary. That reminds me of the pending 30K service update on my thread. Will do that ASAP.

Once again. Thanks for the update. But why is everything BLUE!! Is it the love for Ford Glowing
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 10:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post

Can you please explain the pics? Have you installed any light inside?
Quote:

Its really awesome.

Can you please elaborate what you have done with pictures. I liked the Shining Figo logo very much and would like to have those lights and Shining Logo in my car too. You know your Temp etc. view Video is being refereed at many places on net. Congratulations for that. Hope this pepping up trick will also be refereed in similar manner.
Thanks guys for wishes. The lights- They are two different products:

1) Illuminated foot sill. That is how the shining Figo comes, the foot sill got some LEDs underneath it and it was connected to the vehicles electrical system, the door lock unlock switch to be precise! It cost me 2100 with installation.

2) Illuminated footwell is a bunch of LEDs on a paper stuck underneath the dashboard. They are called dashboard lights also connected to the door lock switch and cost me 400 with installation.

So the lights turn on/off with theater effect when I lock/unlock the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Great way to bring up the anniversary. That reminds me of the pending 30K service update on my thread. Will do that ASAP.

Once again. Thanks for the update. But why is everything BLUE!! Is it the love for Ford Glowing

Thanks Gemi!! Indeed love for the Blue oval glowing with all glory. Luckily it is all internal and is comfortably off when the car moves, so I will not make it into the weird and wacky thread :P

Last edited by anilisanil : 4th July 2011 at 11:00.
Old 4th July 2011, 11:10   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys for wishes. The lights- They are two different products:

1) Illuminated foot sill. That is how the shining Figo comes, the foot sill got some LEDs underneath it and it was connected to the vehicles electrical system, the door lock unlock switch to be precise! It cost me 2100 with installation.

2) Illuminated footwell is a bunch of LEDs on a paper stuck underneath the dashboard. They are called dashboard lights also connected to the door lock switch and cost me 400 with installation.

So the lights turn on/off with theater effect when I lock/unlock the car.
Congrats anil on your milestone together!
Have you done the multimedia effects (the under dashboard lights) from Ford or in the aftermarket? If its the latter, do let us know where from.
Do these lights get switched on in day time too? And is there any switch to deactivate it by choice?
Old 4th July 2011, 11:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Congrats anil on your milestone together!
Have you done the multimedia effects (the under dashboard lights) from Ford or in the aftermarket? If its the latter, do let us know where from.
Do these lights get switched on in day time too? And is there any switch to deactivate it by choice?

I got them done after market from Car Cupid Sus road. They should have similar ones for Jazz too (Foot Sill with Jazz written).

You can decide the way you want to turn them on or off. I opted to get them on whenever I unlock my car and turn them off when I lock my car. So these would not be visible on the move.

And thanks for the wishes!!
anilisanil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 16:28   #75
BHPian

Quote:
I got them done after market from Car Cupid Sus road. They should have similar ones for Jazz too (Foot Sill with Jazz written).

Can you give Phone Numbers ? PM me or mention in thread itself as you please.

You can decide the way you want to turn them on or off. I opted to get them on whenever I unlock my car and turn them off when I lock my car. So these would not be visible on the move.

Are they lighting up even in day time also ? Is it possible to keep them off in day time or can be made on as and when required ?

And thanks for the wishes!!

I have few more queries as Above.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks