Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 17:02   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Sea grey Figo TDCi : One year report @17000KMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
I have few more queries as Above.
I will have to check the bill and PM you the contact number, so it will take some time.

The LEDs lit up only if the doors are unlocked and turn off when the doors are locked, it happens irrespective of night or day. There is no way to turn them off if you connect them to door switch. If you want to turn them on/off independently then you obviously need a separate switch and I do not have any further details on that.
Old 8th July 2011, 18:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sea grey Figo TDCi : One year report @17000KMs

WoW I missed your ownership report anil! thats one cool looking figo. Love the blue interior lights! :
Do you change the oil at 10,000KM or 5,000KM intervals? I know the manual recommends 10,000KM but the oil in my car has already started turning a little black in color so might get it changed once at 15,000KM. My car still is still stuck at 13,500 KM
And those mats are just too good. I need to replace the OE mats in my car. how much did these mats cost you ?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 8th July 2011 at 18:53.
Old 8th July 2011, 18:59   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
WoW I missed your ownership report anil! thats one cool looking figo. Love the blue interior lights! :
Do you change the oil at 10,000KM or 5,000KM intervals? I know the manual recommends 10,000KM but the oil in my car has already started turning a little black in color so might get it changed once at 15,000KM.
And those mats are just too good. I need to replace the OE mats in my car. how much did these mats cost you ?

Danke!

I change(d) oil at 7000-8000 KM mark. My current odo is 17.XX MM (Mega Meters :P) Planing to give to service before 18K.

The mats are pretty cheap should not be above the 300-500 range. Sorry, I do not remember the exact price, but I do know they are less than 500. But the thing is I got them all as a package.

Parking sensor, seat covers (stitched finish), floor mats, under body coating, engine coating, outer body coating, interior coating, Llumar sun film (wind shield included), one idol, and a car freshener for 19,700.
Old 23rd July 2011, 23:16   #79
BHPian

Hello Anilisanil,

Since it was you who had discovered the test mode, can you please shed some light on the this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2441460

Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 11:36   #80
BHPian

Hello,

Can you tell me how can I get actual Fuel Volume in tank with test mode ?

I can enter test mode with help of your Most popular Video clip. But I could not locate Fuel Volume Figure in that. Rest of the RPM, Temp and battery voltage figures I could locate. If you discovered some more useful figures let us Know.
Old 24th August 2011, 13:58   #81
Senior - BHPian

Anil, somehow missed this thread completely. Though its late to wish you congartulations on the Figo, lemme go ahead and wish you congrats for completing more than a year with the Ash beauty.

Ive told you this, and I say again. Those alloys are to die for. If I had a Figo, I might have even been tempted to steal them from you .

Hope to catch up soon, and if permitted, take a TD of the most talked about car by Ford. Happy revvin.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 14:12   #82
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Swanand!!

BTW, Ash just got the 3rd/20K servicing done.

Ford compensated me with the service for all the running around the service center I did for the squeaks.

She is doing good after the service and the first tankful returned 575 KMs taking in 30 Liters. That is more than 19kmpl. Out of the 575, 200 odd kilometers were ghats and hence it was absolutely 3rd gear driving. The rest is on city with 50% of the A/C on.

However, the DTE showed the fuel tank to be empty when there is at least 15 liters of Diesel in it. It is kind of weird.

BTW, the squeaks have been completely solved and the engine stalling has corrected itself and has to happen again since 3000 Kms. So some relief.

@whitelion: I have no clue if the test mode shows the fuel volume or not. I initially used to think it does where one of the number shown was 45 when my tank was full. But when I checked on an almost empty tank it still showed 40, so I am not too sure.
Old 24th August 2011, 14:45   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Thanks Swanand!!
@whitelion: I have no clue if the test mode shows the fuel volume or not. I initially used to think it does where one of the number shown was 45 when my tank was full. But when I checked on an almost empty tank it still showed 40, so I am not too sure.
The figure in front of "F" is showing 56 in my case so I was doubtful as in your clip you have guessed that it might be Fuel Volume.

Its OK, I am planning OBD BT scanner and a Android Phone (present phone is almost 5 yrs old) to get more info in near future. Right now Films, LEDs like you and Head Lamp upgradation are the things on agenda. Got fog lamps and seat covers fitted. No plans for alloys due to budget constraints though got fascinated by your Picture of alloys.
Old 2nd November 2011, 17:29   #84
BHPian

I apologize for digging out an old thread, but I thought this is an appropriate thread for my queries.

Anil - First of all, thanks to you for providing the details about Figo on several threads (including this one) on t-bhp. The information you shared played a major part in my decision of buying a Figo (TDCi Titanium) this April. Thank you very much.

Moving onto the query that I have. As every Figo, my car started giving rattling noise from left corner behind the back-seat. The boxing method described in another thread didn’t solve that. This was rectified by Ford Service Center during first service; but the rattles came back after about 1K km. Furthermore, I am hearing constant squeaks coming from all over the back of the car (not sure the exact location).

You mentioned that Ford Service Center has managed to rectify all the squeaks from your car. I purchased the car from the same dealer as you did. Now my car is approaching 10K service interval and I want to get the squeaks and rattles fixed.
Is there any special mention required to the service center person regarding this? Or just a note on the job card would be sufficient (which I'm sure is not!!) ? I also remember reading that some particular Ford service center has specific board/pamphlet which describes the cause of rattling/squeaks and the required fix. Not sure if it is with Pune service center. You mentioned an engineer from Chennai fixed the issues and you had to do a lot of running around for that.

How do you suggest I should go ahead with getting it done? Can you please help?

Also looking forward to catch up with you to get more insight on Figo do's-n-don’ts and tips.

Thanks
RishikeshK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 11:27   #85
BHPian

It seems Anil has not visited this thread for some time.

Anyway, I got the second servicing done as mentioned in the above post. I mentioned all the rattles and squeaks to the service engineer explicitly. As my face looked worried when I was mentioning all the rattles and squeaks, the service engineer was smiling. He mentioned that all these were standard observations on many Figos serviced there and there are solutions known for all of them.

I got the vehicle back after completing the service in the evening. All the problems are solved indeed. Now there are no rattles and squeaks anywhere in the car . Got an opportunity to test the car on really bad roads the very next day. Thankfully no issues so far. I hope the issues are fixed once and for all.

The service engineer was also mentioning about some AC related components (thermostat?) which need to be inspected according to company instructions. If found faulty, Ford is replacing them free of charge. I informed that I don't have any issues with the AC. According to him, the system needs to be checked anyway as the same needs to be mentioned in their records. When I took the delivery after servicing, he mentioned that the part was not replaced as it was found OK.

Has any Figo owner witnessed the same? I don't remember reading anything related to this.
Old 15th November 2011, 12:26   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
It seems Anil has not visited this thread for some time.
Indeed, I did not visit this thread for eons. I have been updating the other thread.

Good to know that your vehicle has been serviced to your satisfaction, the Nigdi service center is good one.

Regarding my vehicle, the current ODO is ~25K, vehicle has no issues, except for the odd rattle that surfaced after the recent Pune-Vizag-Pune drive.

Mileage has been steadily improving at 18 kmpl with in city and with winter setting in I am hoping to see better figures. My recent highway trips returned me around 22-23 kmpl, which is decent considering the way I drive.

The stalling problem that is being discussed else where has also been attended to, but I am not too sure if that is solved yet, I am getting enormous amount of Engine noise penetrating into the cabin. I am hoping that this gets solved with fuel change.

I am otherwise happy with the car and my decision to go with Ford rather than Maruti.

I am glad I could be of help!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 13:02   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Mileage has been steadily improving at 18 kmpl with in city and with winter setting in I am hoping to see better figures. My recent highway trips returned me around 22-23 kmpl, which is decent considering the way I drive.
Those are handsome mileage figures.

Thanks for the updates, Anil. I hope the noise problem gets resolved by changing the fuel.

Overall I too am happy with the Figo considering its handling, excellent visibility, space, negligible turbo-lag, powerful AC etc. Looks like Figo is faring well to my expectations and I hope it continues to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks