Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 15:46   #841
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Just got off the phone with the ASM Mumbai and the date has been further pushed ahead. Irritated and Annoyed with their behaviour and lack of taking responsibility and just blaming each other on grounds of miscommunication. I have Cancelled my Purchase. The sales person thought i would get an ego boost by telling me my car would be the First one in Maharashtra and this would make me change my mind. What a joke really.
Whilst, it is a really sad treatment that you have received from M&M, and we are all apalled with this degree of irresponsibility on their part, can we now please expect that this thread will come back to it's original topic, rather than turning into a Dealership / Booking Experience thread?
Old 4th February 2011, 16:43   #842
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I have Cancelled my Purchase. The sales person thought i would get an ego boost by telling me my car would be the First one in Maharashtra and this would make me change my mind. What a joke really.
That's too bad mate. Of the three/four people who have been praising this vehicle only one or two have actually booked one and it is a shame that they are treating you this way.
Old 4th February 2011, 17:57   #843
BHPian

I contacted three different dealers in Kerala regarding the Ac fitment and got three different quotes ranging from 60k to 80 k . whereas we can get it done for less than 30 k from outside .

I was waiting for speedy and his Thar from Allan , and here it goes .
We need competition ,M&M should be in tune with the times .
Old 4th February 2011, 21:42   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Congrats from the core of my heart. I too wrote off buying Thar after coming across the in-different attitude of the dealer. As if it was a great vehicle to begin, coupled with absolutely no info. from the dealer, leave alone test ride, I haven't still sighted the vehicle.

All the waiting & patience since couple of years ended with a crappy vehicle at an extremely high price coupled with pathetic dealer dealing.

Good riddance at the end, hope I had counted off some time early & saved myself of the agony.
The issue here is i have made the full payment and also for the AC. The guys at mahindra said they cannot give me a refund due to their terms and conditions since the car is awaiting registration. So i had to go other ways and tom the car comes to the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Whilst, it is a really sad treatment that you have received from M&M, and we are all apalled with this degree of irresponsibility on their part, can we now please expect that this thread will come back to it's original topic, rather than turning into a Dealership / Booking Experience thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
That's too bad mate. Of the three/four people who have been praising this vehicle only one or two have actually booked one and it is a shame that they are treating you this way.
My car comes in tom and its a shame that you have to use influence and other means to get your things from them. The car would be on temp plates as it is not registered. I do not intend to go back to them ever, not even for a service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
I contacted three different dealers in Kerala regarding the Ac fitment and got three different quotes ranging from 60k to 80 k . whereas we can get it done for less than 30 k from outside .

I was waiting for speedy and his Thar from Allan , and here it goes .
We need competition ,M&M should be in tune with the times .
Please do check as the AC cost in Bombay comes to Rs 42,000.

We are back on track the car would be going to Allan.

Just for everyones knowledge. The RIMS and Tyres 16X31's on the adventure are only to add show value on the adventure. They are not available on the customisation option. If you change tyres and rims on the CRDE you loose Suspension and brake warrenty. If you remove the bullbar and the seats and cut the fenders you loose body warrenty. This is what was told to me by the Dealership.
Old 4th February 2011, 21:57   #845
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
The issue here is i have made the full payment and also for the AC. The guys at mahindra said they cannot give me a refund due to their terms and conditions since the car is awaiting registration.
Congrats never the less, you probably jumped the trigger!
You could have taken a legal recourse against the dealer if you wanted total refund for delaying but in which-ever way you are happy.
Old 5th February 2011, 01:08   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Congrats never the less, you probably jumped the trigger!
You could have taken a legal recourse against the dealer if you wanted total refund for delaying but in which-ever way you are happy.
Taking legal action is not the answer to everything. I wanted the car home and it is coming home today. Legal action would also have me spend much more than the cost of the Thar and i'd rather talk to the seniors at the company and find a solution. i am put off by the behaviour of the staff there and would definately not recommend them to any of my friends who are or will consider the car. My car has to go for the AC installation, which is also out sourced by the dealership and not done by the dealership themselves.
Old 5th February 2011, 06:34   #847
BANNED

Quote:
I wanted the car home and it is coming home today..
forget everything else , you or I cant change the world

Enjoy your car to the fullest .

you have got something that many of us dream ,many envy , & many are weary of its huge potential .

It is going to get best driving skills out of you ,one day you will emerge fully satisfied .

So best of luck

Cheers

Sudarshan
Old 5th February 2011, 07:41   #848
BHPian

Quote:
My car comes in tom ...

Just for everyones knowledge. The RIMS and Tyres 16X31's on the adventure are only to add show value on the adventure. They are not available on the customisation option. If you change tyres and rims on the CRDE you loose Suspension and brake warrenty. If you remove the bullbar and the seats and cut the fenders you loose body warrenty. This is what was told to me by the Dealership.
Congrats on the car Speedy. Are you gonna get it to mods right away? Any estimates?

Also the second line kind of doesn't make sense. M&M customization was ready to do that for me (when chennai gets thar that is) - and they didn't mention about this susp&brake warranty. This means you can't even fit alloys. May be the dealer is being a pain again.

I didn't know bullbar was a stock option - if it is not, did you choose it? why?
Old 5th February 2011, 11:41   #849
Senior - BHPian

Congrats speedy! All's well that ends well. :-)

If you put any tyre that is over sized and not recommended by the manufacturer you loose warranty.

Cant wait to see Allan make your THAR look HOT!!

p.s Bull bar is not a stock option. Part of accessory.

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 5th February 2011 at 11:44.
Old 5th February 2011, 11:49   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
If you put any tyre that is over sized and not recommended by the manufacturer you loose warranty. ....
Doesn't the "Adventure" version come with 31" tyres? If yes, then why would the warranty be void if a customer puts in a 31" tyre.

Or are there changes to the suspension setup (and other associated parts) of the adventure compared to the ordinary Thar?
Old 5th February 2011, 11:52   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Enjoy your car to the fullest
It is only for OTR's so i would enjoy it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
you have got something that many of us dream ,many envy , & many are weary of its huge potential .

It is going to get best driving skills out of you ,one day you will emerge fully satisfied .
Its a jeep and not difficult to purchase. So i dont see reasons for envy or dream about it, get out your cheque book head to a Mahindra dealership and purchase it. I would recommend anyone to do so at their own risk though.

Sudarshan after the Fortuner this is not going to do much easier around the trails and obstacles. I am human and we do have a tendancy of never being satisfied. We allways look for something more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubuS View Post
Congrats on the car Speedy. Are you gonna get it to mods right away? Any estimates?
Thank you. I do have to wait for Mahindra to fit the Ac before i do anything, as i do not wish to hear that since you fitted the wheels or changed the seat the AC piping was damaged and you have to pay additional for it. Once the AC work is done the cars goes straight to Allans for work. No Sir no estimates as i dont need one with Allan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubuS View Post
Also the second line kind of doesn't make sense. M&M customization was ready to do that for me (when chennai gets thar that is) - and they didn't mention about this susp&brake warranty. This means you can't even fit alloys. May be the dealer is being a pain again.

I didn't know bullbar was a stock option - if it is not, did you choose it? why?
Sir, yesterday i met the seniors of the Dealership and reconfirmed what was told to me by their sales persona and this is what they told me. In M&M customisation they do not change rims and tyres it is only cosmetical things. If i change the alloys and tyres, i loose warrenty of the suspension and brakes. I would suggest you please take it in writing from them on their letter head and not on a peice of paper. I guess they will inform you once they recieve the full payment and your car is in their service center awaiting registration.
Thats what i was told but what i guess he meant was any standard equiptment like seats, the external bars (the ones the top rest on at the rear), floor board and if you cut the fender to accomodate bigger tyres the body warrenty is lost. Now the strangest thing i found is the person telling me if i add fog lights or a winch, i can loose engine warrenty as well due to additional wiring that will be added. I think they were trying to be pains, but i have asked them to keep all warrenties with them as i dont need anything from them.

I have not chosen anything from Mahindra except for the Thar crde and the Rocky beige color. Infact i went to the extent of asking them to keep the seats (front and rear), bumpers (front and back), the rear bars, side steps,doors and tyres and rims with them.

Last edited by bblost : 5th February 2011 at 12:11. Reason: Fixed quotes. Thanks.
Old 5th February 2011, 12:06   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now the strangest thing i found is the person telling me if i add fog lights or a winch, i can loose engine warrenty as well due to additional wiring that will be added.
This was a suggestion that I had made to M&M, that they should provide electrical connections for a winch, additional lights at the front and back and also at least one cigarette lighter point inside the cabin to be used for GPS/Mobile etc. And the reason for the request was precisely this, that the Thar has an ECM. So it looks like these are not there which is really sad.

I guess somewhere it is mentioned that even for the adventure version, the size of the tyres are going to be the standard ones if you order it.
Old 5th February 2011, 12:35   #853
BHPian

Congrats Speedy .

Can you please share the details of AC Components which are going to be used in Your Thar ? Is there any need for ECM re-mapping ?

(This is the only thing pulling me backward) The price quoted for AC is 1L- 1.1 L at ITL Motors Calicut.

- Sreejesh

Last edited by sreejeshmp : 5th February 2011 at 12:37.
Old 5th February 2011, 12:38   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once the AC work is done the cars goes straight to Allans for work.
Speedy, keep us updated on the detail of things being done on the AC front, need to know what is being done.

Spike
Old 5th February 2011, 12:47   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you put any tyre that is over sized and not recommended by the manufacturer you loose warranty.
Thank you for talking to Saurabh. It has not ended yet for me, I was to get the car delivered to my office at 12pm, the car is not yet here but i did get a call from the sales person it could become 12:30pm or 1pm. Here again they cannot stick to their commitments.Then the car has yet to be registered, which means it stands like a statue doing nothing to increase the beauty of my office compound. Once the registration process is complete and the person alloted by Mahindra to install the AC has finished experimenting with the dealerships test car. He would take my car to experiment fitting the AC.

The Adventure varient of the Thar drives on 16X31 size tyres, why cant i put the same size on my car. I am not going more than what the company has put on their adventure model. If the same thing i get done by mahindra i do not loose warrenty. The stock size of the thar is 6.5j 235x70 or 75x 16.

Vinod and please do make me understand one thing. My car did leave the Factory in Nasik on the 25th of January. It reached the Sewari workshop of Mahindra on the 29th evening. Why does it take 4 days for your transporter to travel 160 KMS?. Before you deny this, i would like you to know i was shown the dispatch note and recieved note with the dates and time. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Doesn't the "Adventure" version come with 31" tyres? If yes, then why would the warranty be void if a customer puts in a 31" tyre.

Or are there changes to the suspension setup (and other associated parts) of the adventure compared to the ordinary Thar?
. I do not think there is any suspension setup done for the Adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
This was a suggestion that I had made to M&M, that they should provide electrical connections for a winch, additional lights at the front and back and also at least one cigarette lighter point inside the cabin to be used for GPS/Mobile etc. And the reason for the request was precisely this, that the Thar has an ECM. So it looks like these are not there which is really sad.

I guess somewhere it is mentioned that even for the adventure version, the size of the tyres are going to be the standard ones if you order it.
I dont think this is provided in the customisation option too, so basically, ask the Mahindra dealership before doing anything. If the warrenty aspect does not bother you, then recreate things to suit your needs.

Yes the customisation does not do tyres and alloys, the stock tyres and rims will still be on your car. The 16X31 tyres are only to lure a customer to dream of his car looking like that and send it to M&M for customisation and spend a huge additional amount to make his car a little more shiny.

Quote:
Oh So much so for your wishes Vinod. After 6 calls to the Dealership, my person is informed that the Accounts dept was not releasing the car from the workshop as someone from NDS had not informed. Then when the person got clearance some door was not opening so the car went back to the workshop. I have given the lady 30 mins to bring the car to the office or i am really not interested in dealing with a company that thinks a customer can be taken for a ride.

For those who had issues with me writing my experience with buying the Thar. All i have to say everyone should know what they are getting into.

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th February 2011 at 15:22. Reason: Back to Back posts. Please wait for 20 mins next time before posting your next post. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks