Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 02:39   #91
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios - Booking to Delivery 45 Days

Any update what are the waiting periods for guys booking now ?

Thanks
Arun
Old 23rd April 2011, 17:56   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
Any update what are the waiting periods for guys booking now ?

Thanks
Arun
Was reading TOI where it said that toyota will not be producing for two days a week.
It said, This is because of the shortage of supplies due to the earthquake in japan.
This will increase the waiting period from the current 3 month period.
This is going to affect all the models produced in the 2 plants in Bangalore.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:45   #93
BHPian

Toyota Etios: 2000 Kms report

Well, 5 months for the Etios, 2 months sitting in the garage due to my overseas trip, completing 2000kms on the odo and the finer points

1. Yes, there is a rattle noise from the left front door or dashboard or from the jack under the front passenger seat. Have not been able to locate the cause.

2. A cardboard box (of the HU of the music system) kept in the boot makes a loud noise as the car goes over a speed bump. Points to poor in cabin noise insulation

3. Drive quality: Keeps improving, smooth and refined!

4. FE: Went down since the car was sitting for 2 months...12kmpl...should improve. Also factor in 40+ degrees temperature and 100% AC on in Gurgaon.

In the near future

1. Still missing accessories like Seat Covers, Sun Film, Additional 2 rear speakers

2. Taking her for a ride, with the other two women in my life, to the hills..1000km trip in June
Old 7th June 2011, 11:36   #94
BHPian

Friends,

While booking I had been told that the waiting period would be 3-4 months(14th April).Later on I got a phone call informing that there would be a further delay of 2 months due to the reduced production etc(a total of 5-6 months).I got frustrated,booked an ANHC.

On the eve of the delivery day of my City,I got a call from the Toyota dealer-my Etios is ready!Only about 1.5 months after the booking!! I asked why they had not informed at least 10 days earlier.The sales executive mumbled something about policies.When I mentioned that my City is automatic he frantically pleaded me to wait for 15 days for the new Altis CVT.I had requested him to alert me well in advance about the new Altis which he neglected.

I feel Toyota is keeping extremely high margin of booking period in their hands and not giving the actual picture.They seemed to have assumed that all the people who book Etios are those who can't afford a C+ car and don't expect anyone to buy it for its sheer quality.This, I suspect,shows their lack of commitment and confidence in this project.Is Etios a blown up Nano?I suspect Toyota thinks so.

Somehow they seem to think that the customers are anxiously waiting for the Etios only and will be happy and thankful if the car is made ready much earlier than the quoted waiting period.Is this a strategy?Not the right one according to me.

To sum up,I had to cancel the Etios booking.Fair enough,they accepted the cancellation upon an email.I am waiting for the refund.

Rgds,charthom
Old 7th June 2011, 13:33   #95
BHPian

@ charthom - are they giving you the 4% interest on booking amount? In my case when I accepted delivery they made all sorts of excuses not to pay it. Had to escalate to the showroom manager and quote them the "terms & conditions" on back of reciept to get them to honor the committment. the amt itself was neglible (abt rs 600) - its more the principle of the thing.
Old 7th June 2011, 21:49   #96
BHPian

@gautam109,

They are still processing my request as per the sales guy.I have mentioned the 4% in my cancellation email.But Toyota is not charging anything for cancellatrion while Hyundai is gobbling in Rs.5000/- on the cancellation of Fluidic Verna.
Old 8th June 2011, 13:34   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam109 View Post
@ charthom - are they giving you the 4% interest on booking amount? In my case when I accepted delivery they made all sorts of excuses not to pay it. Had to escalate to the showroom manager and quote them the "terms & conditions" on back of reciept to get them to honor the committment. the amt itself was neglible (abt rs 600) - its more the principle of the thing.
@gautam109,Today I received full refund transferred into my account by toyota including Rs.214/as the interest.I have to admit they are very prompt and straight forward.
Old 14th February 2012, 18:23   #98
BANNED

Etios seems to be selling well in the taxi segment. There is a new taxi service in Bombay called "Tab Cab" - all of their cabs seems to be Etios.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks