Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 20:04   #61

Re: My new Honda Jazz

Hai db0009,

The Avg. FE for the highway is around 17-18 kmpl. The city FE was after accumulating every 300 kms after which it was the turn to the bunk. If you take shorter legs, the city FE will itself shoot to around 14 kmpl.

Regards
Jazzman18
Old 23rd April 2012, 18:05   #62
BHPian

Jazzman,
need your advice on sunfilm for the front windshield. The motomall guy recommended RE/CS 70 series. Which one did you put on and how s the result.
1. Is it still oK in Night? or do you ned to upgrade your bulbs?
2 . Does this increase dashboard reflection? I felt that the dashboard reflction is already high considering the windshield angle.
Old 2nd May 2012, 21:06   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Jazzman,
need your advice on sunfilm for the front windshield. The motomall guy recommended RE/CS 70 series. Which one did you put on and how s the result.
2 . Does this increase dashboard reflection? I felt that the dashboard reflction is already high considering the windshield angle.
Hello! vigneshA
Glad to see that you have purchased a Jazz too. I take this opportunity to welcome you to the Jazz family. Congrats!
Well the sunfilm was affixed by Capital Honda for the side windows using a stock 3M model or so they said. I didn't opt for any sunfilm for the front windshield.

Regards
Jazzman18
Jazzman18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 15:15   #64
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Jazzman18 to jump in unannounced!

Quote:
VigneshA, congrats on buying a Jazz. With that huge windshield it is imperative to have a relevant sunfilm. I went in for a 3M one with 70% visibility.

I do not see any need for upgrading bulbs and there is no noticeable impact on dashboard reflection. As long as the dashboard in clean!

And no, I am not going to remove that sunfilm unless I get a refund from someone
But you may want to consider the SC ban/ ruling on sunfilms and how it will be implemented where you live.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 12:21   #65
BHPian

thanks JazzMan and SelfDrive for your advice.
I think I'll go for the sunfilm. Privilege Motomall in CHennai was recommending GS80 - VLT of 80%. I think will go for that. I guess he was quoting around 9k for that.
SelfDriv - SC ruling allows VLT of 70% and i think you should be ok.
Old 7th May 2012, 12:46   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks JazzMan and SelfDrive for your advice.
I think I'll go for the sunfilm. Privilege Motomall in CHennai was recommending GS80 - VLT of 80%. I think will go for that. I guess he was quoting around 9k for that.
SelfDriv - SC ruling allows VLT of 70% and i think you should be ok.
Are you guys not reading the main topic on t-bhp on sun film? The Supreme Court in all its wisdom has banned all and any film on the car glasses from 4th May 2012. I suggest you wait a while for all this to settle down and then spend money on film.
Old 7th May 2012, 14:19   #67
BANNED

Congrats. And all this discussion just makes me drool - reason the AT version is not there. Honda announced a 1.5 around 2010 with an AT to follow. Then they withdrew the advisory. I am sure if the were to launch an AT Jazz (overseas the Fit is 1.4 with or without an AC) it will make mincemeat of many others.

There may be reason to hope again, AT sales are going up fast (urban chaos!) and as of now over 30% of Civic sales are AT. So there may still be hope. This will be a CVT and not the 5-speed of the Civic & City.
Old 2nd June 2012, 11:07   #68

Hi

I am a New "JAZZIAN" who got the car delivered after a long wait. It is a XMT Ralley Red. Already covered the first 1000 Kms. Car is quite good and comfortable. I have two thee small snags. Just wanted to know if you also had the same problems.

1. They refused to deliver the Spoiler and 'sporty front grill' saying I have to pay Rs.10000.00 extra for it.

2. The fuel gauge gets stuck.

3.The A/c on/off Switch gets heated.

4. The rear doors needs more pressure applied to close properly.

Did you also have these problems?

I am yet to take the car for the first service. I have pointed out the problems with them. Hope to get it rectified.

One thing I mainly wanted to know is if you got the spoiler and sporty front grill along with the car price without paying Rs.1000.00 additional. Even the latest brochure says these two items are part of XMT.

I love this car.

Shall keep you posted.

Regards

Vimal
Old 9th June 2012, 23:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman18 View Post

I get a minimum FE of 12 kmpl.
What is the average FE you have been getting in city driving? Is it necessary to really baby the car to get good FE numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman18 View Post
The low end torque is slightly weak necessitating change to 1st gear in crawling traffic. This doesn't impact the FE or the smoothess though. Quite a bit of accelerator input is required to continue to use 2nd in extremely low speed traffic.
Other than in peak traffic conditions, is the low-end torque bothersome while driving in the city?

And, how is the ride quality at city driving speeds?
Old 27th June 2012, 23:02   #70

Hi

It is almost 2 months since I started using my Ralley Red Jazz XMT. It lives up to my expectations. The driving comfort, smoothness of the drive, smoothness of the gear change, the comfort in which it runs over the potholes and the wonderful visibility through the windshield. I did not expect much more from this car.

Reached nearly 2000 Kilometers. In the long drive got a maximum of 18.2 KMPL and the city drive gave a minimum of 12.5 KMPL. Before the first service the fuel gauge was getting stuck. During the service they replaced the gauge in the fuel tank and thereafter it never showed any problem. Seems the problem with the rear doors is inherent (?) (Needs to use more pressure to close.) Wish it had a blue tooth connectivity. But, I use the mobile with a cable and so there is no problem in handling that part too.

However, for any one looking for a petrol car, this is a wonderful a car. Go for it !!

Regards

Vimal
Old 28th June 2012, 10:09   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
What is the average FE you have been getting in city driving? Is it necessary to really baby the car to get good FE numbers?

Other than in peak traffic conditions, is the low-end torque bothersome while driving in the city?

And, how is the ride quality at city driving speeds?
The low torque is not bothersome. All you need to do is downshift in case you find it bothersome. plus the car accepts and glides in 3rd gear at pretty low speeds. So there is nothing to worry about in that aspect. The only problem i found was that it has some difficulty in slot into a lower gear esp if the speed is not for that gear and you have to put the gear with a little bit of difficulty. Good for new car owners driving in chaotic traffic conditions.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:19   #72
BHPian

Hi, I have been using my Jazz Select (Rallye Red) for over 9 months. The car is lovely with nice ride quality and fantastic interiors. The only thing that I feel wanting after having used the car for a reasonable amount of time is that "Comfortness of the seats".

I feel that they are a bit too hard for my taste. I would like to know any good suggestion for seat covers. Something that snugly fits the existing seats and add a bit of cushion (just a little bit). The other important thing is that I am not a big of bright or dual tone seat covers that stand out.

Also any suggestions for a decent freshner inside the car?

I am based out of Bangalore. Thanks a lot in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks