Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2022, 08:48   #346

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review

Ex owner here. Parts are a major issue, AC cooling coil(55k) and rear shockers(8-10k) are known issues. rack and pinion failure (1.5L)was a massive pain. majority of Kizashi owners that I knew had to deal with these issues.

All these spares cost an arm and a limb. Parts take a while to be arranged depending on where you live. The car is past its prime. 5L is way too much for a 2012 model automatic..3L or below is what you should be aiming at. Kizashi turned out to be more of a project with loads of jugaad ( couldn't get front brake pad on time so used Nissan X trail brake pads) than a regular drive.

Do I miss it, off-course I do, would I want to own a Kizashi again, a BIG NO.

Mod Note - Please proofread before posting.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th July 2022 at 18:25.
lofty2304 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 17:58   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityakommuru View Post
Hi folks,

Need your advice in choosing a pre owned Maruti Suzuki Kizashi CVT. My major concern is the availability and expense of the spares. Does the car age well ? Any part failures that were consistent for this model that needs to be addressed costing a bomb ?
A current owner here of a manual transmission Kizashi. Avoid the Automatic at all costs. The CVT is prone to failure.
Since I've had a very good experience with the car in the last 9.5 years (except of a failed AC valve), I'll suggest go for it only if you're getting it at a cheap price and a MT. Other than that, it's Japanese reliability as usual.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th July 2022 at 18:25. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 18th July 2022, 22:36   #348
BHPian

Hi fellow kizashi owners/experts, has anyone experienced severe tyre wear out only on the rear tyres?

I changed my tyres at 30k KM in Apr'21. Right now at 62k KM, both my rear tyres are almost bald whereas my front tyres are good for another 20-25k KM. I have a CNG tank in my boot (75KGs when full). Could that be the reason for this abnormal behavior or am i missing something?
Old 19th July 2022, 00:36   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Hi fellow kizashi owners/experts, has anyone experienced severe tyre wear out only on the rear tyres?

I changed my tyres at 30k KM in Apr'21. Right now at 62k KM, both my rear tyres are almost bald whereas my front tyres are good for another 20-25k KM. I have a CNG tank in my boot (75KGs when full). Could that be the reason for this abnormal behavior or am i missing something?
Additional 75 kg in the boot won't cause abnormal tyre wear. Alignment on the rear must have been disturbed ,(It isn't adjustable in the rear).

Have the rear control arm bushings worn out? Did the car hit any potholes or bumps hard at some speed? You can check with the authorized SS, they can correct the rear alignment if that is the issue.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 19th July 2022 at 00:50.
Old 19th July 2022, 00:54   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I changed my tyres at 30k KM in Apr'21. Right now at 62k KM, both my rear tyres are almost bald whereas my front tyres are good for another 20-25k KM.
Woah you say you have enough tread for a total of 50-55k kms? That souds unlikely what is more likely is that your fronts are also worn out but only on the inside have you checked them thoroughly for wear? Sometimes they could be worn out only on the inside leaving plenty of tread on the outside having you believe that they are good for another 20-25k kms. Either that or I'd love to know which tyres you're using.
Old 19th July 2022, 10:59   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Either that or I'd love to know which tyres you're using.
I'm currently on my 2nd set of tyres which are Goodyear triple max 2 (215/55 R17). The car came with yokohamas from the factory which i changed last year as they were about 10 years old. Although they had a good amount of tread still left but because of the age i changed them.

Yes, my fronts are still good for another 15-20k KM minimum whereas my rear are almost gone. Very confusing since i dont feel any difference when I'm driving the car. I'm attaching the pictures of the Rear and Front Left tyres. The tyre wear out is absolutely even across the surface of both the Rear tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-img20220719102436.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-img20220719102450.jpg  

Old 19th January 2023, 10:28   #352
BHPian

Hi everyone, I'm sharing the a basic service manual for the kizashi which was given to me by my service advisor. For all CVT owners, please change your transmission fluid/oil after every 50k KM or 5 years.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-screenshot_2023011910225004_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-screenshot_2023011910225788_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg  

TB16 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 11:05   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, my fronts are still good for another 15-20k KM minimum whereas my rear are almost gone. Very confusing since i dont feel any difference when I'm driving the car. I'm attaching the pictures of the Rear and Front Left tyres. The tyre wear out is absolutely even across the surface of both the Rear tyres.
Looks like the rear tyres are installed inside out?? Could you please check? The thread pattern in the two pics looks different and the double arrow symbol next to good year is pointing towards right on the front tyre and to the left on rear tyre. I am no tyre expert but just pointing the differences between the two pics.
Old 19th January 2023, 12:24   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
Looks like the rear tyres are installed inside out?? Could you please check?
Yes 1 tyre was installed inside out. But now the tyre wear issue has been resolved. The rear tyres were out of alignment which was corrected.
Old 10th February 2023, 11:14   #355
BHPian

Kizashi completed 75k Kms just a few days back, and now consistently doing about 2k Kms every month. Got a general service done a month back and changed the spark plugs and brake oil also. Other than that its been running great.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-img20230201193541.jpg  

TB16 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 11:20   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty2304 View Post
Ex owner here. Parts are a major issue, AC cooling coil(55k) and rear shockers(8-10k) are known issues. rack and pinion failure (1.5L)was a massive pain. majority of Kizashi owners that I knew had to deal with these issues.
Hey! I just got a Kizashi and there’s a heavy clunking noise from the rear suspension even though the ride and handling is fine. CVT also seems jerky at low speeds. Could anyone here let me know what could be the issue?
Old 8th September 2023, 15:06   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinrevvz View Post
Hey! I just got a Kizashi and there’s a heavy clunking noise from the rear suspension even though the ride and handling is fine. CVT also seems jerky at low speeds. Could anyone here let me know what could be the issue?
Rear suspension overhaul is required as it wears out quite quickly in this car. When it is brand new it doesn’t sag when fully loaded. Jatco CVT unit was also known to be problematic have you given it to the service centre yet? What did they have to say?
Old 23rd October 2023, 12:31   #358
BHPian

Hi, I'm having a peculiar problem in my MT Kizashi. I'm unable to slot the reverse gear. It almost feels like something has gotten stuck in the gear lever. Earlier even 3rd,4th,5th and 6th gear were hard to slot. But slowly with a little force and effort, they became free and now I'm easily able to slot all gears except the reverse.

Could this be a shifter cable problem or something else? Please help!!
Old 23rd October 2023, 13:29   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I'm having a peculiar problem in my MT Kizashi. I'm unable to slot the reverse gear. It almost feels like something has gotten stuck in the gear lever. Earlier even 3rd,4th,5th and 6th gear were hard to slot. But slowly with a little force and effort, they became free and now I'm easily able to slot all gears except the reverse.

Could this be a shifter cable problem or something else? Please help!!
Hi TB16, this could be a combination of shifter cable, plus clutch assembly. Get it checked at your nearest MASS.
Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 10:23   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I'm having a peculiar problem in my MT Kizashi. I'm unable to slot the reverse gear. It almost feels like something has gotten stuck in the gear lever.
So my mechanic had left a screw driver in the engine bay which became stuck in the gear level system near the engine 😖.
This happened last December during its annual service. So it took 10 months for the screw driver to find its sweet spot 😅
TB16 is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks