Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2013, 23:26   #241
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post
Hi guys (specially IshaanIan, Bluuu, Hoolooovoo),

I have been following this thread for a while now, and I can now definitely say that i echo and agree on everything good said about the car. Well yes, add one to the count. I just got hands on my own black one(CVT version). Got the delivery on Thursday night and just getting to know her better ;-). Well so far i think the car is brilliant, ample power for an effortless drive, great breaks, very good air conditioning, the memory seats are a sweet touch. I am still experimenting to get the that one right position, but i'm guessing soon..

I am sure the count in Hyderabad is growing, cos besides you guys I recently got mine, and I know of one more Silver MT that i see in my office building (Unless Ishaan its your car, at the Gachibowli E block), so there may a couple more I'm guessing.

Perhaps we should plan a mini Kizashi meet or some like that.
Hey did you by any chance drive down to Ahmedabad last year because I remember seeing a Hyderabad registered black Kizashi. Well add one more to the count got my white Kizashi MT about 3weeks back will post initial ownership review soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVenkat View Post
Friends,
I also joined the club. I just got my new Kizashi CVT today and I am also from Hyderabad.

I was using Optra Magnum earlier and brought Kizashi in place of it.
Let me play with it and come back with opinions and queries.
Hey what a coincidence I also took delivery of my Kizzy on the same date which colour is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
It's a small world eh? :P Yes that is my car my dad loves driving it to work I am definitely up for an all India Kizashi meet
Looks like there was a kizashi meet in ahmedabad as when I met my dealer on 9th of this month he told me that he saw nearly 12 Kizashi's going back to back tailgating each other like a convoy 7 whites, 2 blacks and 3 silvers.

Moreover I am seeing Kizashi's daily from that date. I saw a black one the day before, a white one yesterday and a black one today.

Last edited by rockporiom : 12th April 2013 at 23:38.
rockporiom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 00:10   #242
BHPian

With the numbers now increased does any one have any idea about how many kizashi exist in India?

Last edited by rockporiom : 13th April 2013 at 00:13.
Old 16th April 2013, 11:43   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Hey what a coincidence I also took delivery of my Kizzy on the same date which colour is yours?
I too got White Kizashi .

BTW, Does anyone has any idea about its service intervals and cycles?
I checked in the manual but it was not clear. Maruti people are asking me to get the vehicle at 1000Km for its first service.
Old 16th April 2013, 15:49   #244
BHPian

Quote:

I checked in the manual but it was not clear. Maruti people are asking me to get the vehicle at 1000Km for its first service.
Same pinch
I would suggest listening to maruti as they provide service. Plus Indian driving conditions are much harsher compared to other countries.

Do read my initial ownership review on the kizashi
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ash-beast.html
Old 16th April 2013, 22:17   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All Maruti car has their first service scheduled @ 1k Kms or 1 month,which ever happens earlier .
I guess there should be a service booklet also along with the manual provided with the car.
That should list out the service schedules for you.
Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 16th April 2013 at 22:18.
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 15:58   #246
BHPian

Hey guys
just had one query. I park my Kizashi in the house on kind of a slight slope and pull the hand brake.

Now the problem is that when I start reversing(after an hour or so) to remove the car out and release the handbrake a loud THUD sound comes from the rear brakes as though something has been banged. It comes from both sides of the car and it is quiet loud. (this is not a one time sound it comes everytime)

Is this normal for the Kizashi? also is this an issue with the rear discs?

Sorry if the question is stupid but this is our first car that has discs at the back. Need opinion from Kizashi owners

EDIT: also would like to add that this sound was not there when the car was new.

Last edited by rockporiom : 28th April 2013 at 16:08.
Old 29th April 2013, 16:56   #247
Senior - BHPian

My take (might be wrong) is that when the hand-brake is applied, there is some load/strain on the brake due to being parked on an incline. And when you release the brake, this results in the noise due to the load being removed. I don't own a Kizashi, but I think I have heard similar sound when releasing the brake on some cars that were parked on non-level surfaces.
Old 29th April 2013, 19:31   #248

I too felt the sound couple times and it was only when the car parked on inclined surface. I too felt that it happens when the load is removed from the discs.
Old 29th April 2013, 19:54   #249
BHPian

Quote:
I too felt the sound couple times and it was only when the car parked on inclined surface. I too felt that it happens when the load is removed from the discs.
I am going to get it checked from maruti as I do not want to take a chance with the brakes. I suggest you do the same, I think the brake pads need changing or if to the extreme the brake line or the discs. I say this because I think the brakes are not releasing when the lever is put down and are forced open when the car moves back or front, this might even cause damage to the system.

Last edited by rockporiom : 29th April 2013 at 20:00.
Old 30th April 2013, 00:27   #250
BHPian

Quote:

Hey did you get the number plates installed. I am going to get them installed in a day or two
Can you please post pics of the front of the car, Did you drill the holes? if so did Maruti drill it for you or did you get it drilled from outside.
Sorry for the trouble
Old 30th April 2013, 01:13   #251
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey did you get the number plates installed. I am going to get them installed in a day or two
Can you please post pics of the front of the car, Did you drill the holes? if so did Maruti drill it for you or did you get it drilled from outside.
Sorry for the trouble
Don't drill holes, use 3m double sided tape. It works very well on the steel IND number plates that I have on my cars. Its been over a year with no sign of it getting weaker.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 01:14   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Don't drill holes, use 3m double sided tape. It works very well on the steel IND number plates that I have on my cars. Its been over a year with no sign of it getting weaker.
But is it RTO approved since that means no metal plate on the front of the car.
Old 30th April 2013, 01:17   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But is it RTO approved since that means no metal plate on the front of the car.
Didn't get what you mean. I'm using the metal embossed plates stuck on with 3m tape instead of using screws. Now if your state has implemented the high security number plates with fixed screws then I don't think you can stick it on.
Old 30th April 2013, 01:19   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Didn't get what you mean. I'm using the metal embossed plates stuck on with 3m tape instead of using screws. Now if your state has implemented the high security number plates with fixed screws then I don't think you can stick it on.
OH sorry I misunderstood the earlier post. Are the tapes strong enough to resist force from someone who will try to steal them. Will they cause damage to paint when they come out in the future?
Old 30th April 2013, 01:21   #255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OH sorry I misunderstood the earlier post. Are the tapes strong enough to resist force from someone who will try to steal them. Will they cause damage to paint when they come out in the future?
Nope they don't cause any damage, maybe a slight polish job will be needed. If someone tries to remove the plates the plates will get bent and be unusable since the tape holds on so strong.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks