Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 19:34   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjain2k View Post
Just overheard a colleague mentioning Kizashi being offered by dealers @ ~11L (Ex-Showroom). Obviously, the car's been in the yard for almost 8-9 months. Just wondering if this makes it a tempting offer to consider?
(Am sure running and maintaining it would be a totally different story!)
If offered @ 11 lacs, there is something fishy about it. Do check the car thoroughly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Its a 2.4L petrol, so mileage won't be great. . Spares could be an issue. Since its a CBU, the spares also will have to be imported and with the high duty structure in our country it may prove to be expensive. As a Jap petrol sedan I expect it to be pretty trouble free though.
You get good diesels for 14 lacs. A Petrol Sedan will be heavy on the Pocket. You get good used BMWs, Audis and Mercs at 14 lacs, which is more lucrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
There was a news earlier that Maruti asked dealers to buy one Kizashi each. I am seeing a Kizashi parked at a dealership stockyard for a very long time. This one will be such a car. I am sad to see such a good-looking sedan stranded on the stockyard!

This is high-time for Maruti to produce Kizashi here, and price it around 10L ex-showroom.
Kizashi would NOT price at 10 lacs as it would jeopardize the sales of SX4. Even if assembled locally, the pricing would remain at the max, would offer a diesel engine at the same price.
Old 17th July 2012, 19:57   #182
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Kizashi would NOT price at 10 lacs as it would jeopardize the sales of SX4.
But the SX4 sales is just around 500 units per month, for the last 2 months!

My suggestion to Maruti: Bring a bigger Swift sedan with 1.6L Petrol / Diesel engines in place of SX4 at a price range of 6 - 9L to compete with City and Verna.

Manufacture Kizashi in India with 2L Petrol / Diesel engines and price it around 10L - 13L to compete with Civic and others.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 09:34   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
But the SX4 sales is just around 500 units per month, for the last 2 months!

My suggestion to Maruti: Bring a bigger Swift sedan with 1.6L Petrol / Diesel engines in place of SX4 at a price range of 6 - 9L to compete with City and Verna.

Manufacture Kizashi in India with 2L Petrol / Diesel engines and price it around 10L - 13L to compete with Civic and others.
I disagree. I think Kizashi is too good a car to be just priced at 10L. What is lacking in Kizashi is a competent diesel. If Maruti manages to get in a diesel (maybe 1.6 or 1.9 MJD) and price the diesel at 14-15L ex showroom, and petrol at 13-14L, it should do well. New SX4 will be launched in 2013 or 14 which I guess can span the 8-12L price band.
Old 21st November 2012, 13:23   #184
BHPian

My husband and I have been sliding down the slippery slope of temptation since we test drove the fabulous Kizashi a couple of weeks ago. We finally gave in and put in a booking for the CVT variant in black over the weekend. We're a little apprehensive about the availability of spare parts in a year or two, but have decided to place our trust in MSIL's service network. Really, really looking forward to owning this car!
hooloovoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 14:18   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooloovoo View Post
My husband and I have been sliding down the slippery slope of temptation since we test drove the fabulous Kizashi a couple of weeks ago. We finally gave in and put in a booking for the CVT variant in black over the weekend. We're a little apprehensive about the availability of spare parts in a year or two, but have decided to place our trust in MSIL's service network. Really, really looking forward to owning this car!
Youll probably be the first, on TBHP.
Congratulations on buying, truly, from the heart, not the head.
Old 21st November 2012, 14:48   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
She will be second. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...cs-pg-3-a.html
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 14:56   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Thank you, we fell in love with the car so decided that everything else is an acceptable risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Actually, I'll be the third! There are two other Kizashi owners in the forum, bluu and IshaanIan.
hooloovoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 20:08   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, we fell in love with the car so decided that everything else is an acceptable risk

Actually, I'll be the third! There are two other Kizashi owners in the forum, bluu and IshaanIan.
Woot! Welcome to the club. I don't find any reason to consider the car a risk. It's bomb-proof, good looking and bloody good to drive! The CVT is very convenient in traffic and the manual mode is great for open roads should you need the entire RPM range. In my regular commuting, I have never found a need to use the paddles since there is sufficient power on tap.

I had spoken to the GM of sales for Bimal about availability of spares and he assured me that while all spares may not be available at all dealerships, there is a central stocking of spares (in Gurgaon?) from where items can be ordered in a day or two. Besides, I have only heard good things about the reliability of the Suzuki from GV owners so ownership costs should be sane.
Old 21st November 2012, 20:29   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
Woot! Welcome to the club.
Thank you, Bluu! It's good to hear about the spares repository, it means that they don't have to import every little thing from Japan. The general public seems to think we're insane to buy the car with the potential parts problem and low resale value, buy hey, none of them have driven it, have they?
On another note- I own a Golden Retriever, just like you, and while I adore her and take her everywhere with me, I'm NOT looking forward to having hair all over my nice new car. What are you doing to protect your seats and doors from the shedding and drooling? I saw from your ownership thread that you ordered a car vac, is that working out well for you?
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:33   #190
BHPian

Quote:
On another note- I own a Golden Retriever, just like you, and while I adore her and take her everywhere with me, I'm NOT looking forward to having hair all over my nice new car. What are you doing to protect your seats and doors from the shedding and drooling? I saw from your ownership thread that you ordered a car vac, is that working out well for you?
The car vac is more than sufficient for regular cleaning. I'd suggest a vacuuming every Sunday and a nice deep, interior cleaning at 3M (or equivalent) once every quarter. I also lay down an old bedsheet on the rear seats when the dog is traveling so as to reduce hair fall on the seat directly. However, as you must know, Goldens have a supernatural shedding power so regular upkeep is a definite must.

When do you take delivery of the car? I'd love to see photos of it in black and also of your dog (if you don't mind)
Bluu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:10   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
The car vac is more than sufficient for regular cleaning. I'd suggest a vacuuming every Sunday and a nice deep, interior cleaning at 3M (or equivalent) once every quarter. I also lay down an old bedsheet on the rear seats when the dog is traveling so as to reduce hair fall on the seat directly. However, as you must know, Goldens have a supernatural shedding power so regular upkeep is a definite must.

When do you take delivery of the car? I'd love to see photos of it in black and also of your dog (if you don't mind)
The car's been shipped from the factory, so we're hoping to take delivery in a couple of weeks. Will post pictures of the doggie and car the day we get it! It's nice that team-bhp will have a kizashi in each color
I guess I should get a vac too.. Have you considered getting a bench seat protector? It's a tough sheet that clips onto the headrests of the rear and front seats and doesn't let water/dirt through it. It also forms a hammock so the dog doesn't fall into the foot well when you brake.
I'm thinking of starting a thread about car maintenance for pet owners.. think there will be any takers?
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:18   #192
Senior - BHPian

This was what I posted on this thread around 2 years ago and looks like I was not off the mark. From having not a single K on the forum, with the recent price-cuts, we now have 3 Kizashis on the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Looks like history will get repeated a la the Baleno, a good car screwed due to bad pricing. But then, it would be good if history is also repeated for the KIzashi in the form of price-cuts, like it was done for Baleno and which made it a good option for many of us. Let's wait and see.
Congrats, Bluu / IshaanIan / hooloovoo on getting one of the best FTD cars in that price-range !!!

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 22nd November 2012 at 12:21.
supremeBaleno is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 16:26   #193
BHPian

Quote:
This was what I posted on this thread around 2 years ago and looks like I was not off the mark. From having not a single K on the forum, with the recent price-cuts, we now have 3 Kizashis on the forum.

Congrats, Bluu / IshaanIan / hooloovoo on getting one of the best FTD cars in that price-range !!!

Thank you! One of the things that convinced me is that my dad owns a Baleno that even after all these years, is a real fun car to drive. Plus, he's never had any problem with parts because the car is really reliable and nothing has ever really gone wrong with it.
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:46   #194
Senior - BHPian

Same here. My 2005 Baleno after 64k kms is still a hoot to drive. I needed to change the RHS drive-shaft in the 6th year and it was readily available. With the Kizashi being CBU, the made in Japan build will ensure no issues for years.
The Kizashi at the discounted price interests me and with the company car-lease plan would have been a good move, but Chennai dealers dont seem keen or dont have the offer/stocks. Though I still see the Silver Kizashi parked on the 1st floor of Popular Velachery.
Old 22nd November 2012, 23:08   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Have you considered getting a bench seat protector? It's a tough sheet that clips onto the headrests of the rear and front seats and doesn't let water/dirt through it. It also forms a hammock so the dog doesn't fall into the foot well when you brake.
I'm thinking of starting a thread about car maintenance for pet owners.. think there will be any takers?
I did not know such a thing existed. Can you please post some links? I would love, no, LOVE a thread on car maintenance for pet owners and I am sure there will be others who will too but please be sure to search that one doesn't already exist before you start a new one.

Quote:
Same here. My 2005 Baleno after 64k kms is still a hoot to drive. I needed to change the RHS drive-shaft in the 6th year and it was readily available. With the Kizashi being CBU, the made in Japan build will ensure no issues for years.
The Kizashi at the discounted price interests me and with the company car-lease plan would have been a good move, but Chennai dealers dont seem keen or dont have the offer/stocks. Though I still see the Silver Kizashi parked on the 1st floor of Popular Velachery.
Thanks for the wishes! I drove my SX4 for a very short duration recently and I have to say that while the Kizashi is in a different league altogether, I do still love the dynamics of the SX4.

The discount offered on the Kizzie is by Maruti direct so I don't see a reason for the dealer not being interested. Not like he is losing any margin by default. I did read that there are no new cars being imported unless an order is placed by a customer but Popular Velachery should be itching to get rid of the Kizashi. However, I guess the entire thing comes down to customer relations too. In Bangalore, Mandovi never got back to me even after evaluating my SX4 for buyback and Pratham refused to give any discounts whatsoever. Bimal, on the other hand, went out of their way during the purchase process and even after delivery, I am treated like royalty there.
Bluu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks