Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2011, 11:06   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review

Nice detailed Review and supporting pics Sidindica.

The result of parts sharing with SX4 is that Kizashi will not sell as many as they have targetted.
The plastics used in some places look too cheap for this price segment. For example the whole of the front door panel looks like the panel for a 8lakh car.

Feel the beige is slightly used too much. The contrasting effect of the black and beige is good but if you take a look from the co-passenger seat, It looks cheap. Also I feel the shade of beige used is not very good.
If you look at other cars' beige, this shade of beige looks darker and hence doesn't look premium.

On the exterior, When I see the side profile, I feel that this a mixture of SX4 and DZire.
The 17" wheels look very good.

Overall I felt that the car is mismatching with the price tag that it is carrying. Personally if I have to spend 19Lakhs on a car I will look for other options.

Best of luck MSIL
Old 24th February 2011, 11:15   #32
BHPian

Nice review Sid. I usually go by ACI and Overdrive reviews and neither detailed theirs on Kizashi as well as your article did. In fact I was very amused by Renuka's comment on the TV show that the engine gets "boomy" at high revs. It's a sports sedan for God's sake! It ain't supposed to be quiet when you are caning it, right? Anyway, "boomy" to one could be a "sporty snarl" to the other and I usually belong in the second category

I think Kizashi pricing has been discussed till death now. Perhaps someone at MSIL will wake up and take notice of this widespread disapproval of their pricing and perhaps the Indo-Japanese trade pact will cause a few lakhs to get knocked off the sticker making Kizashi the best new car 15 lakh rupees can buy in India.

Side note - Typos/editing errors take away just that last bit of perfection. May be you could give your script for proof-reading while you focus on putting in words that fantastic experience that the first drive of a good car can be! NOM
Old 24th February 2011, 11:37   #33
VMC
BHPian

Good review SID.
I see that the flg lamp buttons are the same as in Swift.
Such small and minute details will be noticed by the 20lac buyer.
Maruti has to create a space in this class and it needs to do much better with the look and feel.
Old 24th February 2011, 11:43   #34
BHPian

Excellent review. Rated 5*

I feel that launching a product in the 15L OTR segment now would create a brand value for MSIL. They could then venture into this segment when the buyer has associated this price with MSIL products.

MSIL could have also done with slightly better pricing.
Old 24th February 2011, 11:49   #35
BHPian

Excellent review, Sid. Nicely worded and to the point. Agree with most that Maruti has overpriced the car. Sales likely to run out of steam in the mid run.
princey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2011, 11:50   #36
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review Sid

Somehow the Superb seems to be a better deal followed by Honda. In this segment Skoda offers the best quality and features along with snob value at a neat price, while Accord get you the reliability and brand value if one is not comfortable with a Skoda. The numbers target of 200 from maruti seems optimistic when one looks at it compared to Superb and Accord.

But the the Kizashi is actually price wise bang in top end Laura price range territory and close to the Cruz, Altis and Civic top end models, this is a much larger segment and 200 nos from this segment is a real possibility for this car. So it just might click if one looks at it from this point of view.

Great Review Sid.
Old 24th February 2011, 11:53   #37
BHPian

Nice review Sid! Somehow, i feel the front grille resembles that of the VW Jetta, anyone else notice it?

For a 20 lakh car, the power window switches look pretty cheap, IMO if Suzuki was really serious about this car, they should've thought of using better quality plastics.
Old 24th February 2011, 11:58   #38
BHPian

Oh Boy! What a looker from Maruti-Suzuki stable.

Frankly, this is the only sedan that has THE looks after the Esteem.
If only it were in the price bracket of Cruze, it would sell like Hot Cakes.

Nice review, Sid. Thanks for those Droolworthy Pics
Old 24th February 2011, 11:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

The exteriors looks great. But the interiors look mediocre. As said rightly in the review @ 19L a superb or an accord looks way better in looks and design.

As with others, eagerly waiting to see who plunges 19L for this car and watch an accord or superb standing next to it in a stop light
Old 24th February 2011, 12:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

I got curious and did some comparisons - The Kizashi has 10 trims in USA and starts from 19.7K going up to 28K USD. That is it competes with accord, camry and sonata on pricing front. If we compare the pricing of the same cars in India, then every car has equivalent pricing and is overpriced. So it cannot be said that the Kizashi alone is overpriced.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2011, 12:03   #41
BHPian

Neat review Sid. 5 stars

I thought I did recognise Kizashi around the Chanakya Puri area from your pic in the SX4 diesel thread. Doing a 0-100 sprint in that area is awesome!!! specially with all the embassies around.

Kizashi in the US had a sunroof optional, is that being offered in India?

Does anyone have an idea if the recent FTA between India and Japan have any effect of the pricing of such cars?

peace,
~kg
Old 24th February 2011, 12:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

The car looks good but its not a head turner. Lets see if buyers are willing to shell out that much money for a Maruti. Baleno was also a very good car but I do not feel it was a runaway hit and the reason was it price. It was rather expensive at that time. People simply upped their budget a bit and went for City.
Difficult to make people part with significant amount of cash for a Maruti.

I would personally go for something other than this if I had that much money to spend.

Last edited by download2live : 24th February 2011 at 12:22.
Old 24th February 2011, 12:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Difficult to make people part with significant amount of cash for a Maruti.
I would personally go for something other than this if I had that much money to spend.
+1 to that, there are many more options available at that price range and if I had that much money, I would be considering the Skodas, VWs, Hondas and so on (not in that order!) It is so much easier to move to the small car segment from premium cars than the other way around. They will have to create and maintain something like a repositioning blitz for a niche area
Old 24th February 2011, 12:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i feel the front grille resembles that of the VW Jetta, anyone else notice it
The front grill resembles a mix of swift and Jetta to me. The grill resembles that of swift while the front design resembles that of the Jetta(curves, placement of fog lamps and the complete front end).
Old 24th February 2011, 12:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

I like the rear of the car. Looks very sporty.
The front it too sx4 and does not and is somewhat downmarket especially looking at where maruti has priced this baby.
Interior is very straightforward no nonsense. But i think buyers in this segment are looking for that something special which is lacking here. But maruti has done well to give all the bells and whistles to make up for it.

Overall if they priced it a little more agressively, i would have plonked my money on one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks