Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2013, 01:31   #256
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Nope they don't cause any damage, maybe a slight polish job will be needed. If someone tries to remove the plates the plates will get bent and be unusable since the tape holds on so strong.
Thanks a lot will tell my dad about the same and get them done in this manner.
Old 3rd May 2013, 01:42   #257
BHPian

Got genuine parking sensors for Rs.11500/- was a bit pricey but was scared to give it outside since there is a steel bar(I suppose crumple zone) behind the rear bumper, so didn't take any chance also finally got registration plates fitted.

After a lot of consideration used a sticker in the front as was afraid to drill holes.
Note: you can see my reflection in the paint

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-20130501_074716-medium-modified.jpg

Not that blurring the image is going to help as this is the only white Kizashi in ahmedabad
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-20130501_074757-medium-modified.jpg

Last edited by rockporiom : 3rd May 2013 at 01:50.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 08:56   #258
Senior - BHPian

So these are the ones that display on the MID?
Old 5th May 2013, 00:22   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
No they have installed a small monitor on the LHS on the windshield. Must say the clarity is excellent even at night.

Had started displaying shabby image in between. Found that a stupid boy had stuck chewing gum on the camera

Anyways used a special cleaning agent to clean it and it was back to normal again.

Other parking sensors would cost around Rs.8000-12000(i.e. with camera). So getting the genuine one seemed to be a correct option.

Will post pics of the monitor soon.
Old 5th May 2013, 17:53   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
This is how it looks
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-20130505_150606-medium.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review-20130505_150618-medium.jpg  

Old 9th May 2013, 03:20   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
And I would have jumped - have test driven both the CVT and the MT, love both the cars (though my preference is the MT) - but the on road mumbai is coming to 16.3 lacs onroad (with a hefty 3.6 lacs for registration/RTO) and that is my main worry right now. CBU imports pay a 20 % rate for road tax in maharashtra. I havent got a conclusive understanding of what the road tax gets calculated on and get a feeling the dealer is pocketing the difference. On the other hand the Laura vRS is also available on a discount with Mumbai on road at 17 lacs - so thats beginning to tempt me as well.
Hate to be in this decision-making state perpetually!!!
Hey bobbafett so did you go for the laura or the Kizashi?
Kizashi prices have further come down and the discounts are going all the way up to 7.8 lakhs check the link

Last edited by rockporiom : 9th May 2013 at 03:21.
Old 11th May 2013, 16:20   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post

Hey bobbafett so did you go for the laura or the Kizashi?
Kizashi prices have further come down and the discounts are going all the way up to 7.8 lakhs check the link
Neither! What I ended up buying? A Skoda Yeti Ambition in silver color. OT in this thread but have loved the car, done about 5k km in two months since I got the car and its been an absolute delight.

And I do sometimes wonder what if I'd got the Kizashi, thankfully it's a technicality because back in Jan most Maruti dealers in Mumbai informed that stocks had run ou.
Old 11th May 2013, 16:34   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
Neither! What I ended up buying? A Skoda Yeti Ambition in silver color. OT in this thread but have loved the car, done about 5k km in two months since I got the car and its been an absolute delight.

And I do sometimes wonder what if I'd got the Kizashi, thankfully it's a technicality because back in Jan most Maruti dealers in Mumbai informed that stocks had run ou.
Congratulations Hey atleast this way you never have to worry about what ifs cause it's an entirely different car; whenever you think about the Kiz or the Laura you just have to take it off-road and glance in the rear-view mirror at the abundance of space :P
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:14   #264
BHPian

Absolutely love the Kizashi. Since I'm the market to replace my 2005 Honda City 1.5 CVT, today I decided to make few calls and find out about it.

Popular Maruti, Velachery - never got a call back.

Kapico Maruti, Poonamallee - apparently is not eligible to sell Kizashi.

ABT Maruti, Guindy - Their SA informed me they don't sell Kizashi anymore. Is this true? Can anyone confirm?

All dealers had one thing in common though, they were trying to hard-sell SX4
Old 5th December 2013, 22:18   #265
BHPian

It looks like an end of the road for Kizashi. World Car Fans reports that Suzuki regrets launching Kizashi and a successor is unlikely.

Suzuki termed Kizashi as a "very unlucky car" which has slim chances of receiving a direct successor in the future.
Old 6th December 2013, 05:39   #266
BHPian

My wife and I are looking to buy a Kizashi here in the US. Sad to hear that the fate of the car is the same there as it is here. :( Suzuki has even stopped selling cars in the US market completely.

But that means if you love the Kizashi, you can get one in the US cheap!
Old 11th July 2014, 13:14   #267
BHPian

It's been a while since I checked into this thread. My car's been running fine, absolutely no issues at all - until two days ago when the battery suddenly died on me. I was in the outskirts of Hyderabad at the time, so I had to call the Maruti toll-free line and wait 3 hours until they could finally send technicians who were familiar with the Kizashi. They kept in touch the whole time, and considering where I was, 3 hours was a fairly reasonable response time. I got the battery replaced at Gem motors, but had to pay for it myself since it was not covered under warranty. Overall, except for the warranty, I was impressed with the service I received from Maruti.
Old 11th July 2014, 15:36   #268
Senior - BHPian

How long did the OE battery last ? Actually if your car was part of the older stock sold at discounted prices, then I guess we need to take battery life from manufacturing date (not the sale date).
Old 11th July 2014, 17:33   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
How long did the OE battery last ? Actually if your car was part of the older stock sold at discounted prices, then I guess we need to take battery life from manufacturing date (not the sale date).
The car's a 2011 model, so I guess it must have been in the stock yard for about a year or so. The car has been used regularly since I bought it at the end of 2012, but I guess the long storage period before purchase could be the reason why it died so soon.
hooloovoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 18:08   #270
Senior - BHPian

Three years is a fair enough battery life, when you consider that the car was not used for a year or more. Heck, I have been changing the battery of my Baleno every 3 years, inspite of it being a regularly used car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks