Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2011, 13:20   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland

@motorhead5- I got it with 30X4 out of the dealership which was the probably the best ride I have had, but insufficient as per the sticker inside the fuel tank lid. SO upped it to 33F/36R but that felt awful so went down to 32/32, which is probably the best compromise between FE and ride comfort. With temperatures soaring of late have reduced that to 31/31 but as a general rule I'd advise 32X4. This is by pure trial and error- if anyone has a more "scientific" method, please advise!
Old 10th April 2011, 18:50   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@motorhead5- I got it with 30X4 out of the dealership which was the probably the best ride I have had, but insufficient as per the sticker inside the fuel tank lid. SO upped it to 33F/36R but that felt awful so went down to 32/32, which is probably the best compromise between FE and ride comfort. With temperatures soaring of late have reduced that to 31/31 but as a general rule I'd advise 32X4. This is by pure trial and error- if anyone has a more "scientific" method, please advise!
I did the same. Started with 30. Went up to 34 and ended up at 32 now. Some how I wasn't that comfortable having different numbers at front and back( less in front and more at back as in the sticker).. Looks like Trial and Error is the most Scientific in our case

Btw, one more update on tyre/steering. Steering has weighed up in a better way - by the time I clocked 600 kms. Handling is also better. Both compared to initial days.
Old 5th May 2011, 01:29   #63
BHPian

On mileage - Did a highway trip and got ~19 km/l (Full tank to tank). On city, I got 13.7 kmpl (Full talk to tank). Both with full time AC.

On tires - Grip is good with S drive and steering is much heavier now. Tire noise is there at high speeds (at 140+). But not a big issue.

Overall, going good. No issues so far.
Old 6th May 2011, 06:52   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
On mileage - Did a highway trip and got ~19 km/l (Full tank to tank). On city, I got 13.7 kmpl (Full talk to tank). Both with full time AC.

On tires - Grip is good with S drive and steering is much heavier now. Tire noise is there at high speeds (at 140+). But not a big issue.

The heavier S drives are taking toll on the mileage slightly, else you would get slightly better figures. But 13.7 in city with S drives is really good.
Old 6th May 2011, 09:35   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Those are good figures. I manage to get 16kmpl in city and around 19kmpl (highway) . I use S drives on my Swift and manages to get 16kmpl in city
Old 8th May 2011, 12:03   #66
BHPian

Have you noticed this on Auto AC? As we have discussed earlier, AC moves out of Auto mode if you use any other controls like blower speed, blow direction, air mode (inside / out side). But i had been noticing some thing different.

If you are in Auto mode (in my case with 23 deg as temparature) and change the air flow to IN cabin mode, 'Auto' goes of the screen. But still the blow speed keeps changing depending on the temperature inside the car. When its hot after parking under the sun, I see 5-6 levels up on the blower and as and when it becomes cool inside, the blower speed comes down slowly to level 1-2. Have you guys noticed it?

I am thinking that, contrary to our earlier discussions, Auto is still on after you touch any control..
Old 13th May 2011, 16:31   #67
BHPian

See attached Vento parts price list, which should address many questions that we had lately on maintenance aspects.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vento Parts Pricelist0001.pdf (499.9 KB, 1132 views)
motorhead5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 13:13   #68
BHPian

Thanks motor head !
It doesn't look too bad, does it?
Old 17th May 2011, 19:43   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Have you noticed this on Auto AC? As we have discussed earlier, AC moves out of Auto mode if you use any other controls like blower speed, blow direction, air mode (inside / out side). But i had been noticing some thing different.

If you are in Auto mode (in my case with 23 deg as temparature) and change the air flow to IN cabin mode, 'Auto' goes of the screen. But still the blow speed keeps changing depending on the temperature inside the car. When its hot after parking under the sun, I see 5-6 levels up on the blower and as and when it becomes cool inside, the blower speed comes down slowly to level 1-2. Have you guys noticed it?

I am thinking that, contrary to our earlier discussions, Auto is still on after you touch any control..
Yes, you are right; it seems to adjust the fan speed to keep the temperature set on the AC control. However, if you change the fan speed manually, it doesnt do this anymore: Only then does it go into a pure manual mode.
Old 20th May 2011, 17:45   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Thanks motor head !
It doesn't look too bad, does it?
Certainly not. Much better that what many of us would have initially thought. Anyways, final bill is what matters and we will know in some months

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
Yes, you are right; it seems to adjust the fan speed to keep the temperature set on the AC control. However, if you change the fan speed manually, it doesnt do this anymore: Only then does it go into a pure manual mode.
So thats bad not at all. And your point on Fan speed is interesting. I didn't try that yet.
Old 26th October 2011, 22:03   #71
BHPian

Quote:
See attached Vento parts price list, which should address many questions that we had lately on maintenance aspects.
Very useful information for all Vento owners. Little scary to look at the price list,which also says " Handle the car with care", otherwise one will end up giving money bags to VW
Old 26th May 2012, 11:54   #72
BHPian

Hey,

Did you ever get the spoiler installed then? If so please post some pictures - and what was the cost of the spolier? BTW your ride looks very good!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks