Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 00:19   #106
BHPian

Re: Kaas - The Valley of Flowers

@laluks.... You are welcome bro. Yes a certain area is fensed to protect the flora. But there is ample flowering outside too and it os perfect to touchy-feel them up close.

@atanedar: The road conditions are "excellent" check my FB album for a full coverage
https://www.facebook.com/saurab.chat...6301412&type=3

@TheG2: Thats great to hear. My neice has exams till the 3rd of October and post that am planning to take my bro and family for the same circuit. And it ha sstarted raining again .. yay!

Last edited by Exhaust_Note : 12th September 2013 at 00:20. Reason: Added some text...after thought
Old 12th September 2013, 13:50   #107
BHPian

@TheG2: Thats great to hear. My neice has exams till the 3rd of October and post that am planning to take my bro and family for the same circuit. And it ha sstarted raining again .. yay![/quote]

Yes, Ganpati rains are here.

5th/6th Oct should be good. I am not sure if it will be good time to go after that.
@Lalu - Any idea about that?

Best,
Old 12th September 2013, 22:21   #108
Senior - BHPian

TheG2,
The picture I posted in post 92 was from October 1st week of 2011. I believe some flowers will still remain
Old 13th September 2013, 12:08   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust_Note View Post
check my FB album for a full coverage
Saurabh, I wonder why I dont find a Travelogue on your name in T-BHP on the Kaas trip!?

With such nice photographs, you should start a separate Travelogue thread and spread the buffet for the eyes of all the T bhpians. Most importantly, this gives us an opportunity to 'Thank you' properly, which we cannot do on FB.

Since these are posted in Laluks TL many may miss because after going through the first page of this TL, people might have run to the civved-pondichery thread.

So can we expect a detailed TL of Kaas from your side?

- Sai.

PS : Went through the Photographs on FB. Very nice!

Last edited by Vihari : 13th September 2013 at 12:19.
Old 13th September 2013, 20:20   #110
BHPian

Awesome!

KarthikK will be there starting this weekend.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 01:31   #111
BHPian

@Vihari bhai..... YES. Will put together a travelogue soon and now two, did a Shivtharghal ride this week end too.

Need a little help here, do I start one thread and upload all the travel details there, once after the next?

Last edited by Exhaust_Note : 16th September 2013 at 01:32. Reason: Cant type...spellings .. LOL
Old 16th September 2013, 14:52   #112
BHPian

Quote:
@Vihari bhai..... YES. Will put together a travelogue soon and now two, did a Shivtharghal ride this week end too.

Need a little help here, do I start one thread and upload all the travel details there, once after the next?
Why Not? May be you should do that and name it "Weekend Bonanza's" or something like that....
Old 16th September 2013, 16:47   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Do we need to get any permission etc? Are we allowed to take our cars up on the platue?
Old 16th September 2013, 17:34   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Do we need to get any permission etc? Are we allowed to take our cars up on the platue?
Yes you can take your car all the way. You don't need any permission for Kaas.
Old 10th October 2013, 10:30   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Yes you can take your car all the way. You don't need any permission for Kaas.
Just got done with a big project, need to head out now. Any point going to Kaas this weekend? Or have I missed the best time to go? And I was under the impression there's a limitation on the number of visitors, one has to register online etc?
Old 10th October 2013, 10:42   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Just got done with a big project, need to head out now. Any point going to Kaas this weekend? Or have I missed the best time to go? And I was under the impression there's a limitation on the number of visitors, one has to register online etc?
@FS,

In my opinion Kaas is not just about flowers alone. You can get majestic views of landscapes in different colors, even during the non-monsoon/non-flowering seasons. In fact I went in Jan.

Many go only for flower valley. If you are looking from that point of view, you may not find any flowers.

Last edited by ampere : 10th October 2013 at 10:43.
Old 10th October 2013, 12:29   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@FS,

In my opinion Kaas is not just about flowers alone. You can get majestic views of landscapes in different colors, even during the non-monsoon/non-flowering seasons. In fact I went in Jan.

Many go only for flower valley. If you are looking from that point of view, you may not find any flowers.
Thanks for the response, Amp. I don't mind going for a short drive, finding a scenic place and chilling with a packed lunch. But for those things it's getting really hot out there.
Old 10th October 2013, 12:34   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Thanks for the response, Amp. I don't mind going for a short drive, finding a scenic place and chilling with a packed lunch. But for those things it's getting really hot out there.
@FS,
The only way to solve that problem is stay put in Satara for the previous night and drive to these places early morning next day.

Winter is another time to see these places. It was magical Jan when I was there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks