Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 11:44   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Going solo at 5 kmph - Mumbai to Goa in an inflatable kayak!

Cops in small town Maharashtra seem pretty jobless. On the way back from a bike trip to Rajasthan, I was stopped on the outskirts of Pune by two cops. I'm used to being stopped and having all papers checked, but for the first time in over 10 years of riding all over the country, these jokers insisted on opening my bike saddle bags and looking over all my stuff! Till then, you can say, 'ok they're being diligent', but then they decide that before riding between states, I need to get a letter from the RTO of my home state saying that I am on a bike tour! Since when did that law come into place?! Since all my bike paperwork is always in order, they really couldn't do much, especially after I told them that when even the Indian Army didn't have any problem with my bike roaming in Ladakh or Arunachal, it's surprising that Pune police were being so difficult! That seemed to shame them a bit.

I appreciate that these guys have a tough job, but no way we can say they're being conscientious, they're just trying to make a quick buck, or trying to get recognized for doing something extra! Wish they would be this conscientious when actually offenders try something!

Good going Karmen rider, patience and thinking on your feet in a potentially sticky situation! A Colonel once told me, "Adventure is all about forgetting the bad parts and remembering the good." Keep remembering the good bits man and keep kayaking!

Last edited by am1m : 7th May 2013 at 11:51. Reason: Spello
am1m is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 13:22   #227
BHPian

Well well well, if...
kayaking alone in the sea wasn't enough
coast guard jumping into the sea wasn't enough
having a dog and a cat in your blanket wasn't enough
high tides churning the kayak over wasn't enough
dolphins playing and swimming along side wasn't enough
front page headlines also wasn't enough

and so

Kamen decides to go experience the great Indian courtroom drama

Seriously man, just when we think - Wow, what an adventure, you raise the bar again!

When we plan for a journey it would be exciting but I am sure, but man you have created an epic adventure for yourself, something that you would narrate in the years to come.

Your very own story, you should compile these and make it into an illustrated book. Believe me it would be a bestseller!

Life's Like That!

Cheers,
Trojan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 18:27   #228
BHPian

Kamen_rider, I stumbled upon this TL today and man....you took my entire day today...was so hooked on the TL! Fantastic stuff mate. (downside for me - need to work a bit late to complete the work!).

I'll rather suggest a movie than a book. Looking at "Life of Pi", sea adventures are in vogue .

You have answered many questions along the way, but still a naive question - are you an expert swimmer or do you need to be? I guess you mentioned at the start somewhere that one of the persons who dared such an adventure couldn't swim.

I was so worried when I did rafting for first time thinking that's an adventure...reading your TL, that looks like a child's play.

Great TL. Keep it coming!

Last edited by vineet_k21 : 8th May 2013 at 18:35.
vineet_k21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 19:07   #229
Senior - BHPian

Excellent narration Rahul.

I particularly enjoyed reading the bit about your adventures in the hostel - the hot water bucket episode and your tryst with a cold shower.

Hilarious, captivating and your impeccable narration. This will make a beautiful script for our bollywood flicks. Trademark and copyright it Sir.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 11:00   #230
Senior - BHPian

Re: Day 7, part I: Newspaper headlines, court and circus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen_rider View Post
We did not sweat much, and the multiple layers of woolen clothing would cover the rest.
Hello Rahul,

Appreciate the manner in which you described your hostel winter adventures & your getting immune to cold water baths in winter.

As far as smell in winter clothers & winter clothing culture, Sam Kapasi had given a very good explanation on layer culture in Germany & lack of the same in India. Similarly there is lack of heater culture in India which makes 4 degrees in Delhi unbearable but -8 degrees in Germany managable.

Refer Sam Kapasi's post #35 in below thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ed-nose-3.html

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 00:06   #231
BHPian

Wow! My first ever post on T-bhp and I could not have spent it any better than congratulating you Kamen!
Have been enjoying the travelogue since the time you started posting it and I dare say I was a non-member then! But now here I am, requesting you in the same breath to speed it up man.
Superb feat + Brilliant narration + Excellent pics = Fantastic stuff!
powerband_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 10:51   #232
Senior - BHPian

Re: Day 7, part I: Newspaper headlines, court and circus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen_rider View Post
Soon, I heard the peon announce my name grandly, and 'Hazeer Hoooo..!' like a gong from a bell being struck. I entered the courtroom. It had a worn down look, but was still a grand place. High ceiling, rows of wooden chairs and benches and a wooden witness stand. There was sign saying that taking pictures was a punishable offence.
Hello Kamen,

I am sorry if this is little off-topic.

You heard "Your name & Hazeer Hoooo..! - grandly & the courtroom was a grand place with high ceiling, wooden chairs, wooden witness stand, etc.

Was this courtroom exactly similar to what we see in movies? I mean since we were 5 / 6 year kids we have seen courtroom in Hindi movies as a place where judge is seated high up then below him / her are staneographers, then huge desk for advocates along with witness boxes on each sides followed with wooden chair for people who clap on Sunny Deol's 'Tarikh pe Tarikh pe Tarikh' dialogue.

My only visit to court was to Bandra court (in Mumbai) to get my marriage registered. But that place by no means was similar to court in movies.

Thanks,
Old 10th May 2013, 15:47   #233
BHPian

No doubt this is easily one of the best threads on team-bhp. Stunning narrative and tremendous motivation to come up and do something like this. It might have been logical to accept the charges against it but it also says that you did something that was illegal , will these charges come back in life against you ? (Passport renewal, job change ?)

How much weight did you loose all along the trip?
Mr.Beat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 17:47   #234
BHPian

Here is comes the weekend, I have never waited for Friday's as much as I have since I have been hooked on to this thread.

@Kamen_rider, hat's off mate, you are a brilliant story teller.

P.S. and a great adventurer too
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 17:47   #235
BHPian

@Kamen_rider

Eagerly awaiting updates. Looks like work is keeping you busy?
Old 20th May 2013, 13:27   #236
BHPian

The wait is killing.
@Kamen_rider, updates please.
Old 20th May 2013, 14:02   #237
SDP
Team-BHP Support

No update since 5th May!

For last 2 weeks, I am waiting for just 2 things:
1. Kame_rider's new installment on the "Going solo at 5 kmph" thread
2. GTO's Official review of the Ecosport
SDP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 15:41   #238
BHPian

What's holding you up buddy? Its 2 weeks now and we deserve our next quota of the thrill.

Will i be lucky enough to see a post tomorrow???
Old 20th May 2013, 17:28   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecdkfactor View Post
@Kamen_rider

Eagerly awaiting updates. Looks like work is keeping you busy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
The wait is killing.
@Kamen_rider, updates please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
No update since 5th May!

For last 2 weeks, I am waiting for just 2 things:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajwheelz View Post
What's holding you up buddy? Its 2 weeks now and we deserve our next quota of the thrill.
Sorry, had a lot of 14 hour workdays lately, and to top it off, I had to travel to the US.... so the weekends are being spent on aircrafts. Still here, so will try and make best use of the jetlag to finish writing!

Thanks for hanging in! I will make it worth your while
Kamen_rider is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 21:12   #240
Senior - BHPian

Its going to be a month now mate and still no updates. We deserve atleast 2 back to back episodes now for the weekend. Waiting Waiting!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks