Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2013, 16:52   #106
BHPian

Re: We ran out of road!

Zindagi na milage dobara.Criminal for any one living in India not to visit Leh,Ladakh. Brilliant photography,absolutely stunning,you have covered the trip so beautifully words fail me .Thanks for giving all the essential inputs regarding boarding and lodging. Kudos to your folks also to let you go and pursue your dream. Well deserved five stars.
Ramanjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 01:23   #107

Epic journey, wonderfully told

I read the whole travelogue in one sitting, your narration was so good.Too bad there are only 5 stars that I can give, I wish I could give 10.
ARCHANG3L is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 09:55   #108
BHPian

@Hemanth :

When are you writing the next travellogue ? I want to look at some good pictures.

OT: Seems like we have another ArchAngel here :O.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 11:23   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
@Hemanth :

When are you writing the next travellogue ? I want to look at some good pictures.
Thank you very much Arch-Angel

A really short one is expected in another 2 weeks

Quote:
OT: Seems like we have another ArchAngel here :O.
Since you had already got that handle, ARCHANG3L had to make some adjustments I guess

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 14th August 2013 at 11:25.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 12:38   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

One more statistic that I generated now.

We ran out of road!-post-count.jpg

This thread now has 110 posts from 57 different members including this one which is the 50th post of mine.
Apart from me, 31 BHPians, 14 Newbies, 7 Senior - BHPians & 4 Distinguished - BHPians have posted 35, 14, 7 & 4 posts respectively.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 14th August 2013 at 12:41.
Old 14th September 2013, 23:33   #111
BHPian

Hemanth, this has got to be one of the best travelogues around. Quality of photos is just mindblowing. And the idea of compiling all the memories into a book is definitely a good one! I will surely do that once I get my Ladakh trip done! Hopefully in the next one year and it will definitely be a K2K. Thankfully i don't have to take too much extra effort for it since I am anyways in Trivandrum..
Old 15th September 2013, 00:20   #112
BHPian

You definitely have a creative mind. The introduction to this log proves it. Enjoyed every bit of it. Drive safe.
Old 16th September 2013, 08:35   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus_500 View Post
Hemanth, this has got to be one of the best travelogues around. Quality of photos is just mindblowing. And the idea of compiling all the memories into a book is definitely a good one! I will surely do that once I get my Ladakh trip done! Hopefully in the next one year and it will definitely be a K2K. Thankfully i don't have to take too much extra effort for it since I am anyways in Trivandrum..
Thank you very much Columbus_500. Wish your hopes turn to reality and we get to read a nice Kerala to Kashmir travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
You definitely have a creative mind. The introduction to this log proves it. Enjoyed every bit of it. Drive safe.
Thanks for the compliments JoseVijay
Old 16th September 2013, 14:42   #114
Senior - BHPian

awesome write-up Hemanth!

there is a wealth of information in this thread that i'm sure will be of immense help to people travelling these destinations.

i'm gonna use this as a manual for my the Leh Ladahk trip (whenever it happens)! um.. can i have a copy of the coffee table book you printed?
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 08:36   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
awesome write-up Hemanth!

there is a wealth of information in this thread that i'm sure will be of immense help to people travelling these destinations.
i'm gonna use this as a manual for my the Leh Ladahk trip (whenever it happens)! um.. can i have a copy of the coffee table book you printed?
Thank you IronH4WK for the compliments

Your Ladakh trip, whenever it happens...I wonder how many posts you'll need just for the Sticker Spotting

The book is taking shape and is half done, but October and November will see no work on it. Hopefully for the new year, I expect the book to be done.
Old 20th September 2013, 10:11   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Well detailed write up there Hemant and complementing photography too.

Loved the Scale Model Italian beauty resting on the rubber!!

Leh/Ladakh has become the most sought after destination for we roadies off late that we have seen many taking this up every year.

Your log will certainly help many (including me) to prepare well for accomplishing this in season 2014.

I wish (and I know I will) take it up next year in a car which has already clocked 211,000 kms on the ODO now. Somehow, I couldn't manage enough leaves this year for Ladakh.

Incidentally, as I write this comment, a Punto 90 HP from Bangalore (not a BHPian) is already doing the Kisthawar route having started from here on Monday morning and the photographs he's posting almost live are making me jealous that I should have managed it this year itself.

Rating this thread 5 Stars from my side.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 13:31   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Well detailed write up there Hemant and complementing photography too.

Loved the Scale Model Italian beauty resting on the rubber!!
Thanks paragsachania

For my friends, that scale-model-on-a-tyre has now become my trademark shot. A recent shot of one such photo is attached below.
We ran out of road!-dsc_2163.jpg
nano-nano

Quote:
I wish (and I know I will) take it up next year in a car which has already clocked 211,000 kms on the ODO now. Somehow, I couldn't manage enough leaves this year for Ladakh.

Incidentally, as I write this comment, a Punto 90 HP from Bangalore (not a BHPian) is already doing the Kisthawar route having started from here on Monday morning and the photographs he's posting almost live are making me jealous that I should have managed it this year itself.
2,11,000 now and you are planning to take it to Ladakh...That would be one interesting experience.
The only other guy who I know to have done something like that is none other than hvkumar
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 14:33   #118

Hi Hemanth,

Wow! That was one great travelogue. Great description and very good pictures. Felt as if I was travelling with you in your "Airavatha". A real piece of inspiration for travel guys like me. I have always wanted to do this trip but do not know if my Xylo is suited for Ladakh and Leh trips, though I have been upto Mangalore from Mumbai quite a number of times. A hearty congrats to the "Sepoys" on the completion of their dream ride.
Old 10th October 2014, 16:37   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NandanB View Post
Hi Hemanth,

Wow! That was one great travelogue. Great description and very good pictures. Felt as if I was travelling with you in your "Airavatha". A real piece of inspiration for travel guys like me. I have always wanted to do this trip but do not know if my Xylo is suited for Ladakh and Leh trips, though I have been upto Mangalore from Mumbai quite a number of times. A hearty congrats to the "Sepoys" on the completion of their dream ride.
Thanks NandanB
Feels good that someone finds it good even after 2+ years!

Infact today is the 1st year anniversary of my East-West trip that happened in 2013 but whose foundation was laid in this K-K trip
Check that out too if you have time
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...st-safari.html
Old 11th October 2014, 01:34   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Feels good that someone finds it good even after 2+ years!
Hemanth,

A thing that is considered GOOD will always be GOOD, no matter how old the thing is. I am somehow addicted to this thread. Don't remember how many times I have read this.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks