Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2020, 10:30   #136
BHPian

Re: Holiday in Tawang: All you need to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Thank you very much sir. Really glad and humbled that you liked it. Please do take the liberty to trouble me when you plan Tawang, if I can help in anyway possible.
(I travelled in 2016 though. My inputs may he outdated though).

Still, whatever I could help
Thank you sir.

I'll surely trouble you before planning my trip for Tawang

Regards
Sujoy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 22:44   #137
BHPian

I am facing a strange issue while applying for an online ILP for Tawang. One application got rejected- a message directing me to call up an office in Guwahati. That number was not reachable.

It seems like many people have faced the same issue.

Someone on tripadvisor mentioned that the government in Arunachal is only allowing tours with registered tour operators and it is not issuing permits to individual travelers. Is this true? Good conducted tours are very expensive (almost 40-50k per person).

Is it worth the effort to apply again and wait for another 3 days before cancelling the plan?

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 5th April 2021 at 22:45.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 08:04   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

FYI

Please check current weather reports before making any kind of travel plan. Tawang is facing lots of weather turbulence and snow.
Old 6th April 2021, 10:44   #139
BHPian

As of January 2021, I can confirm that the government in Arunachal is only allowing tours with registered tour operators and it is not issuing permits to individual travelers. You cannot even take your own vehicle - all of which is due to Covid restrictions.

For the current condition you may try to reach out to Mr. Chakraborty of Arunachal Bhawan, Kolkata at 9830822512.

Best Regards,
Sayak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
I am facing a strange issue while applying for an online ILP for Tawang. One application got rejected- a message directing me to call up an office in Guwahati. That number was not reachable.

It seems like many people have faced the same issue.

Someone on tripadvisor mentioned that the government in Arunachal is only allowing tours with registered tour operators and it is not issuing permits to individual travelers. Is this true? Good conducted tours are very expensive (almost 40-50k per person).

Is it worth the effort to apply again and wait for another 3 days before cancelling the plan?
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 11:05   #140
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
As of January 2021, I can confirm that the government in Arunachal is only allowing tours with registered tour operators and it is not issuing permits to individual travelers. You cannot even take your own vehicle - all of which is due to Covid restrictions.

For the current condition you may try to reach out to Mr. Chakraborty of Arunachal Bhawan, Kolkata at 9830822512.

Best Regards,
Sayak
I think this is no more the case now, as of March 2021.

I am saying this as couple of my riding buddies from NCR rode to Western Arunachal as well as Eastern Arunachal on their own motorcycles in March. I am pretty sure they did not plan the journey through any tour operator. They had applied for two ILPs, one for Western part of Arunachal (entry from Balemu, exit from Bhalukpong) and another for eastern part (entry from Sadiya side and exit from Tezu / Sunpura side).

Even fellow member Red Liner rode to Arunachal last month. However, I am not sure if he had planned the trip on his own or through any tour operator. He may elaborate more on this.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 09:57   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I think this is no more the case now, as of March 2021.

I am saying this as couple of my riding buddies from NCR rode to Western Arunachal as well as Eastern Arunachal on their own motorcycles in March. I am pretty sure they did not plan the journey through any tour operator. They had applied for two ILPs, one for Western part of Arunachal (entry from Balemu, exit from Bhalukpong) and another for eastern part (entry from Sadiya side and exit from Tezu / Sunpura side).

Even fellow member Red Liner rode to Arunachal last month. However, I am not sure if he had planned the trip on his own or through any tour operator. He may elaborate more on this.
Sorry, just chanced on this.

Yes, our trip was planned by a fellow BHPian and that was it. After that we met locals along the way who fine tuned our next couple of days. Actually, they completely turned our plans over our heads Our ILP was done online by ourselves.

We spent a cool month in Arunachal with about 3-4 days of total resting days. Every other day was spent riding

Last edited by Red Liner : 19th April 2021 at 09:58.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 11:13   #142
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

We spent a cool month in Arunachal with about 3-4 days of total resting days. Every other day was spent riding
Wow eagerly awaiting some pics and a report of the journey.

While most travel information is readily available for Western Arunachal, there is certainly some lack of awareness on other parts of Arunachal regarding route options / stay options etc. Would request you to pen down a travelogue or a report as it will immensely help other readers.
Old 19th April 2021, 13:43   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Wow eagerly awaiting some pics and a report of the journey.

While most travel information is readily available for Western Arunachal, there is certainly some lack of awareness on other parts of Arunachal regarding route options / stay options etc. Would request you to pen down a travelogue or a report as it will immensely help other readers.
Roughly, this is the route we took:

Bhalukpong-Seppa-Ziro-Aalo-Menchuka-Aalo-Yinkiong-Roing-Walong-Namsai. This is about 2000 kms of travel within Arunachal.

We couldn't do Tuting and Anini due to bike issues for my riding buddy. Honestly don't think we missed a great deal apart from possibly battering ourselves and our bikes on some really rough shod roads. Rains also made an early appearance, and in Arunachal if it rains you are stuck where you are for days together until roads ahead and behind open up. Our permits were for a month and we were fast approaching our end dates. We also skipped Tawang because of crazy snowfall all the way until the end of our permit making it a no go this time.

For the next trip, we have a few points to go to. Tawang, Anini, and Tuting. I have made available a personal 4*4 Bolero with a top class driver who is also a BHPian

The report might take some time. I am not back yet lol.

Last edited by Red Liner : 19th April 2021 at 13:48.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 21:02   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I found this thread digging through some old travelogues.

Thanks a ton. We need more of such super informative, concise and helpful threads like this one in the forum. Worth 5-star rating. Awesome.
BhaskarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 11:02   #145
BHPian

Dear Dhanush,

This thread, I would say is one of the most clearly defined threads in the Tawang sector. I must compliment you on your photo skills as well. I have a query if you could help me out :

1. I plan the standard Bum La circuit, including Sagestsar lake on a single day. As per the norm, I would do the permit the previous day, valid only for next day.
2. I wish to drive to sangetsar lake again the following day and then continue to Zemithang. So do I again need to apply for permits for sangetsar lake? Also, I think Zemithang also needs a permit.
So I need a spare day between Sl 1 & 2 to make the permits again? This puts me in a kind of tricky situation as now I need to allot a complete day just for permits. Any method to work around this problem

thanks
Sumit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks