Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2007, 01:28   #46
BHPian

thats a bloody amazing trip man. thanks for sharing.
Old 20th April 2007, 22:40   #47
Senior - BHPian

Amazing trip and sitting down to write it down for us is even more inspiring. Would love to go on such a trip some day before I am too old to do that.

The longest I have walked on a single day up a mountain is around 40 km non stop (from sea level to around 4500 ft. from Salem to Yercaud in Tamil Nadu). Have done similar trips a couple of times more. Will write about it some day.
Old 27th June 2007, 18:13   #48
BHPian

Really amazing pictures and waht a great right up. I felt so refreshed even after seeing teh pictures.
Old 28th June 2007, 12:21   #49
Team-BHP Support

Couple of days back Rudra spent barely 5 minutes on one of the images from this trip and this is what came out.

The original is here.

Last edited by Samurai : 28th June 2007 at 12:24.
Old 20th August 2007, 08:45   #50
BHPian

Hey samurai:Thatz one of the tedious expeditions....I myself love trekking but this would certainly is a challenge that is not easy....But worth the trek is the ice covered mountain tops which is a no--see anywhere in south.....congrats that you and your wife were able to make it safe and sound.....And a nice pictorial sequence kept me occupied the entire travel...It was just like me on a virutal trek.....
Old 15th November 2007, 18:10   #51
BHPian

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p6230050zw1.jpg

Hi Samurai! Sorry for bumping up an old thread but really loved going through your travelogue. Brought back some real good memories of this same trek which I did with a couple of friends in May, 2006. Lovely writeup and pics you have posted there.

Am uploading some of my own trip for everyone to view:

The drive from Siliguri to Yuksam:

The Dubdi Monastery at Yuksam:

At Bakhim - On the way to Tsokha

Water, water everywhere at Tsokha

Morning at Tsokha - the most beautiful morning of my life!

Tsokha village - Top View

On the way from Tsokha to Dzongri

Flowerland begins!

Yours truly:

View Point at Dzongri

Samurai, you have put it right - The closest you can get to heaven staying on this planet is HERE.

Regards,
Fatal3rror

Last edited by Samurai : 15th November 2007 at 18:44. Reason: Re-hosting and resizing the images to 800x600 for better viewing experience.
FATAL3RROR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2007, 18:50   #52
Team-BHP Support

FATAL3RROR,

Awesome, so you did this about 7 months after I did. The vegetation looks little different. But I see too much cloud, did you manage to see the peak at DZongri top? We were very fortunate with weather conditions, with very clear view of everything.

P.S: There is nothing wrong in bumping up travlogue threads, these are not timebound threads.

P.S.S: I resized and re-hosted your images for easy viewing. The imageshack will lose your images after a while if not viewed for a long period. Some really lovely images there.
Old 15th November 2007, 20:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures pal , i am planning to do the trip next year with my wife , so working out on the logistics here , its a bit too early but i think we both need to get ourselves in shape for the trek also.
Old 15th November 2007, 21:47   #54
BHPian

@Samurai: Yes, it was very cloudy but it made things all the better, believe me. Thankfully, we stayed for 2 nights at Dzongri. We couldn't see a thing on the first morning but Gods blessed us the next morning, giving us an amazing view of the snow-capped peaks all around. I am planning to do this trek again in winters sometime soon.
Thanks for resizing and uploading the images again!

@hellstar: Thanks man. You really need to do this trek. Shoot if you have any queries about the trek! All the best!
Old 16th November 2007, 09:24   #55

Well to think that I was feeling good about trekking Thadiyandamol in 4 hours without any form of exercise.............

Wifey had decided after the Thadiyandamol trek that she would never do it again and thanks to this travelogue I see her researching Sikkim now...

Between my sis is in airforce and in Baghdogra so extra reason to make the trip.
Old 16th November 2007, 10:53   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
but Gods blessed us the next morning, giving us an amazing view of the snow-capped peaks all around.
Hey, where are the snaps of your view of Khangchendzonga peak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibi View Post
Wifey had decided after the Thadiyandamol trek that she would never do it again and thanks to this travelogue I see her researching Sikkim now...
If that is the case, my travelogue has served some purpose.
Old 16th November 2007, 13:05   #57
BHPian

There were more than 300 pictures taken during the course of the trek..Put up some of my favourite ones here. You can look up rest of the pictures online at my album here:
Flickr: Photos from road2sikkim
Old 16th November 2007, 13:54   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Fatal, those are some breathtaking images, the colors are so vivid, its almost like being there. So you too fall in the lucky category of people who been so close to heaven, Which camera was it?
Old 16th November 2007, 21:01   #59
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the kind words mobike008!

I used a simple Olympus C-370 PS camera!
Old 17th November 2007, 03:08   #60
PVS
BHPian

What an excellent write - up! Although I didn't go through the complete report, the narrative was racy, and the pics excellent! Kudos to both of you for having done that trek and sharing it with us here!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks