Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 10:18   #76
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Rajat, being a seasoned trekker you should find it easier, you can easily go all the way to Goecha La.
Old 24th September 2009, 16:16   #77
BHPian

Samurai, I have been a regular with all your threads but it is just in August 09 that i was able to join the forum. Just going through this thread has brought me chills, i would like to Congratulate you for the spirited narration ( as they are always!) and the beautiful photographs, it seemed like i was literally there. Do keep posting more of your experiences!
Old 24th September 2009, 18:12   #78
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Majic, even I consider this as my best life experience. Someday I want to do it again with a dSLR, all the way to Goecha La.
Old 8th May 2010, 20:04   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The government guest house at Bakhim was really pathetic and we too didn't want to spend one more day there. The building could house 50 people, but had only one toilet, and without any running water. When I enquired about flushing, they told it will be flushed once for all after everybody is done with it. A refreshing thought!

At Tsoka we checked into a private hotel with 5 rooms and this hotel actually had two toilets with running water outside. If this is not luxury, what is… after a night at Bakhim, we could really appreciate it.
ROTFL, BTW that was one heck of a writeup Samurai and amazing pics too! I love the way you depict change in emotions through your writings. Keep up the good work! Can you give links to similar writeups from your side? Even a PM would be fine.

Spike
Old 10th May 2010, 11:19   #80
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Spike. You can easily find my travelogues by using advance search in Travelogue section and 4x4 Excursions section. Just search for threads started by me.
Old 26th April 2020, 18:59   #81
BHPian

Re: Few days close to Heaven: The Dzongri Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
After this point the vegetation was very different, the trees all looked like pigmies, like the Japanese bonsai trees. The colors were vivid, like fall colors. There was no dense jungle, no shade; it was bushy open country terrain. But the good news was that we were going downhill, the path got easier and smoother. The altitude was somewhat closer to 14,000ft, and we were walking slowly enjoying the trek. After Pedang the guide stuck close to us, talking to us, encouraging us and I could make out he was in a very happy mood unlike the first day.

This was an amazing travelogue, err, trekelogue, Samurai sir! I have been reading trekking travelogues past few days & this one takes the cake! Your narration was a visualization of the emotions you went through 15 years ago.

I am planning to start trekking once things get back to normal & while Dzongri trek is not something I expect to do as one of my first few treks, I promise myself that I will do it once & come back here, on this thread to post about my experience!

A little Off-topic but somebody needs to say it out loud, thanks to Team-Bhp, the quarantine/lockdown has become bearable. I cant even count the number of threads from 12-13 years ago, I have been reading on the forum. Thank you Rush (GTO) & the team.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding

Last edited by ampere : 26th April 2020 at 19:28. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Lazy Driver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks