Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2019, 14:47   #46
BHPian

Re: Sailed through the Northeast in hatchbacks & crossovers with BHPians

Exceptionally well drafted content with some stunning pictures. Those wide angle captures are real eye feast. Cars look awesome. And hats off to you for taking your time & putting intricate details about the trip. Kolkata Teambhp or this particular group is probably one of the most active groups when it comes to group road trip. Awesome to see lovely souls enjoying moments.

Thanks for sharing. Giving 5*, which needless to say, well deserved!
cp171185 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 11:27   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful clicks Samba da. But then that's the trademark when it comes to your travelogues. Well written too. And was really glad to see so many BHPians and travel enthusiasts chipping in together for this journey. Kudos to Team Kolkata & especially their families!

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 00:08   #48
BHPian

Wow what a team of BHPians!! This trip started with so many hiccups, your car having injector issues, another car having broken glass windows, then a coolant leak at a remote area, yet the brotherhood and bonding pulled off all the odds. That's what makes this travelogue a great read. It had tense moments and then things working out well. Splendid photographs and detailed narration. Rating you a well deserved 5*. Kudos to you and the rest of the team.
Safedriver76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 00:48   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
I am wondering whether this Duster premature injector failure is due to a faulty batch of injectors finding its way into the cars and the manufacturer sitting quietly, letting things crop up and then go in for warranty replacement.
I say this because: your's is the 3rd Duster I'm hearing in recent times to be afflicted thus.
Thanks for your appreciation.

Regarding the injector failure, it's pure negligence from Renault.
You can have a look at this thread. I do not believe it to a problem with this particular batch, its happening for more than 5 years.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...tor-issue.html (Renault Duster 110 PS - Fuel Injector Issue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
A stunning travelogue Samba . Reading it on Diwali morning bought a thousand cheers and really lit up the day for me , the beauty is mesmerizing !
Thanks, the frozen Sangetsar lake pic is just WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZombie View Post
Did you get a chance to visit Jaswantgarh temple, its a shrine dedicated to the brave fallen hero.

And as for Shillong, well thats my home town so all I can say is.. Country roads take me home.
I missed visiting Jaswantgarh temple, but the other members from our team have visited the place.

Great to know you are from Shillong. What i saw is, most people in Shillong are car lovers! Even Alto's or M800's had offset tyres with jazzy alloy wheels! I guess most of them love to push their cars through those beautiful curvy roads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouraC View Post
Now there are Notable people who can cover Arunachal and Meghalaya in a single trip and at the same time there are Normal people who gets exhausted by Arunachal alone.
An awesome update with some beautiful pics, Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider28 View Post

There has to be something about the Dhantola stretch to Siliguri! First Papa Bravo's Duster had an injector issue here, and now Samba's. We have to send Duster paranormal team here! (FYI - for everyone, my Duster's AWD started showing fuel pump issues around the same time). A fantastic show of help by the Renault Budge Budge service centre alone with Bongaigaon!
Lets have a Duster meet at Botolbari.

On a serious note, Northeast is beautiful and its wort a visit. The photographer in you will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
What a great adventure !!! And well documented as well. Kudos to the entire team and their respective family members.

Coincidentally i also drove to Silk Route (East Sikkim) with my family (self, wife, 2 kids & mother) in our XUV 500 W11 (O) MT from 19th Oct to 27th Oct. The route was spread as below -

Thanks a ton. Hope to see some pics or a travelogue from your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post

I remember getting a call from you early morning explaining the injector issue. Was worried for your trip but thankfully things got sorted out.

Seems like Red Express will overtake Hulk in expeditions very soon.

Keep travelling & gifting us such gems !!
Thanks Pawan da. Yes i do remember our conversation and we were talking about option's like hiring a Zoom car from Guwahati, but luckily things worked well.

Red Express has just started it's journey, whereas Hulk is already a legend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_mait View Post
Souradeep da's short yet crisp narration with equally good pictures depicted the unknown portion of the story and made it complete.

Kudos to the team for completing yet another journey and wishing more such road trips as a team in future as well.

Rated 5*!
Thanks a lot. Hoping to see Sher-Dil soon in this circuit & am still waiting for your Ladakh travelogue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
Great sum-up. I was following your trip photos on facebook, but this one was a nice read.
Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
Very sweet travelogue. Even if I had visited all these places, seeing the same through your lens is a totally different experience. Very vibrant pictures. Keep posting.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I was also particularly amazed to see the Shungetsar Lake to Zemithang stretch that meanders very close to the India-China border. However that stretch was in a bad condition back then but on motorcycles, it didn't really bother us.
Thanks a lot.

Yes, the lower route to Zemithang via Sangetsar and T-Gompa is really beautiful. I drove till T-Gompa & from there i got an idea what the rest of the route can offer. But to our bad luck due to some blasting works going on, this route was closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp171185 View Post
Exceptionally well drafted content with some stunning pictures.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Beautiful clicks Samba da. But then that's the trademark when it comes to your travelogues. Well written too. And was really glad to see so many BHPians and travel enthusiasts chipping in together for this journey. Kudos to Team Kolkata & especially their families!

Regards,
Saket
Thanks a lot dada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safedriver76 View Post
Wow what a team of BHPians!! This trip started with so many hiccups, your car having injector issues, another car having broken glass windows, then a coolant leak at a remote area, yet the brotherhood and bonding pulled off all the odds.
Thanks a ton.
I must say, am blessed to get such a team. I consider myself lucky for this.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 01:16   #50
BHPian

Beautifully written with great clicks as always Samba da.
Kudos to the cars and Bhpians family members for making this trip possible .
You could have covered Dawki and Double decker root bridge in this trip.
But there is always a second time and North East deserves much more time. Being a North Eastern myself, I am yet to cover many places.
You can plan your next trip for Dawki, Kaziranga, Majuli, Mechuka, Ziro valley, Pasighat. Don't miss the double root bridge and Kamakhya temple.
I regret not being able to meet you guys in Guwahati.

Regarding the machines, great that all the cars finally made it. I am overjoyed that Swift completed the trip without any issue, but really feel Tata should look into its quality issues. I am seriously considering Nexon as my next upgrade. But I want a niggle free car.
Renault should make Indian fuel compliant injectors, it's high time now. Duster is otherwise a capable car.

Looking forward to see you guys in Winter meet (let's plan one). Hope you will be bringing the Duster this time.
SamitMukherjee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 10:57   #51
BHPian

Samba,

Once again awed by the adventurous spirit of the gang. Needless to mention the camaraderie and kinship you share. From the photos and narration, I could only feel the great drive that you had.

Btw, most of my questions about the drive were answered on your facebook post

Best,
Sayak
sayakc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 11:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZombie View Post
And as for Shillong, well thats my home town
All nonresidents now have to register if they enter Meghalaya. Do you have any information on this?

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 11:13   #53
BHPian

A poetic account of an extraordinary team's journey to the most mystic corner of India! I always await Samba and the Car Photography group to make the trip to such exotic places and then blindly follow their trodden path. Be it Ladakh, Spiti and now the mystic North East. Such is the amount of details in your travelogues that it makes quick work of the mammoth effort needed for planning a trip to such corners otherwise.

The pictures are stunning and portray the essence of the places very accurately. But that is to be expected from any photo clicked by Samba. The pictures clicked by BHPian SouraC added a different flavor and touched the heart.

Thanks and rated 5 stars!
mi2n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 13:02   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
All nonresidents now have to register if they enter Meghalaya. Do you have any information on this?

Regards
Sutripta
I am from Shillong, however, haven't been staying there for close to a couple of decades now, so I am not entirely sure of this. However, from what I remember, post the NRC in Assam in 2016, there was some sort of an ordinance passed to amend the law and make a provision for ILP like Arunachal.

A very recent article says it has been implemented but there is ambiguity around the procedure and what documents are needed for the same.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le29861891.ece
EvilZombie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 13:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

ILP has been a demand of a (small but voiceferous ) section of the population for quite some time now.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 20:50   #56
BHPian

Beautiful Travelogue as usual Samba da with excellent pictures as usual and the usual poignant way of writing a Travelogue. I hope your Duster is now fine after the injector change. It was really good to see Renault being active the way your situation was handled with regard to the failure and on the road active way of keeping the spares available. I wish to see you cover many more miles with your Big Red Duster.

Regards,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 00:14   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee View Post
You could have covered Dawki and Double decker root bridge in this trip.
But there is always a second time and North East deserves much more time. Being a North Eastern myself, I am yet to cover many places.
You can plan your next trip for Dawki, Kaziranga, Majuli, Mechuka, Ziro valley, Pasighat. Don't miss the double root bridge and Kamakhya temple.
I regret not being able to meet you guys in Guwahati.
Thanks.

We just had one day in spare at Shillong, so completing all was not possible. Primarily the trip was to Tawang, Shillong was just a touch and go.
The circuit you have mentioned, covering them all will be a great trip for sure. I will love to include Manash National park too with your given itinerary. Visiting Manash was my target this time itself, but due to lack of time had to skip it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayakc View Post
Samba,

Once again awed by the adventurous spirit of the gang. Needless to mention the camaraderie and kinship you share. From the photos and narration, I could only feel the great drive that you had.

Btw, most of my questions about the drive were answered on your facebook post

Best,
Sayak
Thanks a lot dada. Yes waiting for your Swift's pic at BumLa. With you caliber, am sure you will make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post

Regards
Sutripta
I saw this today morning.

Sailed through the Northeast in hatchbacks & crossovers with BHPians-img_1720.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Be it Ladakh, Spiti and now the mystic North East. Such is the amount of details in your travelogues that it makes quick work of the mammoth effort needed for planning a trip to such corners otherwise.
Thanks a lot. I sincerely hope that you and your gang visit Arunachal soon. Will love to see the photo's clicked from your perspective. I simply love them. I'm a fan of your car photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Beautiful Travelogue as usual Samba da with excellent pictures as usual and the usual poignant way of writing a Travelogue. I hope your Duster is now fine after the injector change. It was really good to see Renault being active the way your situation was handled with regard to the failure and on the road active way of keeping the spares available. I wish to see you cover many more miles with your Big Red Duster.

Regards,
Subhra
Thanks Subhra.

Regarding Duster's current status, i have updated it over here. All is good.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4686331 (Renault Duster AWD : An owner's point of view)

Last edited by Samba : 7th November 2019 at 00:20.
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 16:58   #58
BHPian

Superb travelogue.
This will be very much helpful for future travelers exploring the North East.
Very crisp, detailed travelogue and pictures.
Kudos to you and the entire team.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 20:33   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Compiled a small video of our whole Northeast trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Superb travelogue.
This will be very much helpful for future travelers exploring the North East.
Very crisp, detailed travelogue and pictures.
Kudos to you and the entire team.
Thanks a ton.

Last edited by Samba : 19th November 2019 at 20:35.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 12:17   #60
BHPian

What a wonderful Travelogue with Happy Faces, Snow, Rain, Waterfalls and unreal colours from Arunachal. The North East Region is a very unexplored region and has lots to offer. Glad that at the end of it each vehicle overcame the teething issues and completed the trip with grace.

As usual rated it 5* for the Photographs and Kudos to the Car Photography Group for doing a well planned and an organized trip fantastically yet once again.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed