Team-BHP - Civved : Goa, Yaana, Jog, Murdeshwar, Maravanthe, Mangalore...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Civved : Goa, Yaana, Jog, Murdeshwar, Maravanthe, Mangalore... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/47136-civved-goa-yaana-jog-murdeshwar-maravanthe-mangalore-9.html)

Hey, Laluks, Fantastic photo of Jog falls there, thanks for sharing
it seems you are starting to get addicted to the drive to Coastal Karnataka, seeing the frequency of your trips to this region.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar (Post 1462011)
laluks,

Great write up. You've covered it all so well. Just came across it last night and went through it all. I enjoyed it very much. Only one error. The Church you mentioned in goa as the Saligao church is actually the Church of Candolim village. You can also see it from the lighhouse.
thanks for sharing

Oh! is it. I saw the board to Saligaon around there. My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarVegabond (Post 1462065)
Hey, Laluks, Fantastic photo of Jog falls there, thanks for sharing
it seems you are starting to get addicted to the drive to Coastal Karnataka, seeing the frequency of your trips to this region.

Thanks yaar.
I am from Trivandrum, and my stay in Bangalore makes me miss the coast like anything. Childhood memories never die off :D. So Trivandrum or Goa is the destination. It is the same distance for me.

Laluks,
The Saligoa Church is named "Mae De Deus" much smaller than the Candolim church. It also doesnt have mangalore tiles on the roof anymore. The wooden rafters were removed in 2008 May and they have Iron and Steel with the Maroon plastic sheeting.

Something I forgot to mention earlier. Incase no one has commented the huge mansion you saw on the road to the Aguada jail belongs to a parsi gentleman named Jimmy Gazdar

Your photos and write up is awesome.

It makes me want to go to Goa soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar (Post 1462815)
Laluks,
The Saligoa Church is named "Mae De Deus" much smaller than the Candolim church. It also doesnt have mangalore tiles on the roof anymore. The wooden rafters were removed in 2008 May and they have Iron and Steel with the Maroon plastic sheeting.

Something I forgot to mention earlier. Incase no one has commented the huge mansion you saw on the road to the Aguada jail belongs to a parsi gentleman named Jimmy Gazdar

Your photos and write up is awesome.

It makes me want to go to Goa soon

Thanks once again for the information updates.
Goa is a destination which never bores you, I have been craving for more always at the end of the trip :)

laluks..excellent travelogue, loads of information especially for a person like me who is planning for a similar KA-GA trip. Defenitely I would be using the information that you have shared for planning my trip.

Regards
Siva

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3va (Post 1466078)
laluks..excellent travelogue, loads of information especially for a person like me who is planning for a similar KA-GA trip. Defenitely I would be using the information that you have shared for planning my trip.

Regards
Siva

Thanks Siva.
Please let me know if any additional info is required when you plan the trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3va (Post 1466078)

Regards
Siva

Its bible for anyone who does BLR-GOA. There was an instance when one of my friend(TBHP Guest) told me there's a wonderful travelogue to refer before Goa trip which is nothing but this sweet piece of cake by laluks clap:

I read this twice before finalizng the plan for upcoming Goa trip during Sept 19-23. Thanks laluks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacs (Post 1469818)
Its bible for anyone who does BLR-GOA. There was an instance when one of my friend(TBHP Guest) told me there's a wonderful travelogue to refer before Goa trip which is nothing but this sweet piece of cake by laluks clap:

I read this twice before finalizng the plan for upcoming Goa trip during Sept 19-23. Thanks laluks.

Thanks for the nice words and encouragement.
Have a nice trip.

Had been to the fish stall today. Boy oh Boy - the sight of huge "Kaane" (lady fish), Squids, Tiger Prawns, Rock Lobsters, Pomfrets makes me feel like driving to Goa and Mangalore coast now. But for now, its feasting time in Bangalore!!

Just went through your blog/travelogue. It was my time to work and leave for some appointments but I just couldn't tear myself away. Awesome writeup and photography. Makes me take a long leave just to keep exploring these places. I, for sure, am headed to coastal Karnataka this monsoon.

Thanks again. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by laluks (Post 1955160)
Had been to the fish stall today. Boy oh Boy - the sight of huge "Kaane" (lady fish), Squids, Tiger Prawns, Rock Lobsters, Pomfrets makes me feel like driving to Goa and Mangalore coast now. But for now, its feasting time in Bangalore!!

I was lucky to have a forced bachelor weekend in native. Mom prepared me some fresh prawns and raw mango curry with coconut milk, mouth watering taste and flavour. Believe me I had no competition for meals since wifey was back in BLR, finished 1Kg prawns in two meals myself :D.

Lalu, i'm sure it stimulated your taste buds and gave another push for GOA.

what coincidence ! Just finished feasting upon fishes(mathi, aila and nathuli..sorry dont know the english names) brought by my in laws from Kerala and lo this thread !

now comin back to the thread, How intense would be the rains now in GA ? is it worth a trip now to enjoy the beach to the fullest ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by given2fly (Post 1956634)
Just went through your blog/travelogue. It was my time to work and leave for some appointments but I just couldn't tear myself away. Awesome writeup and photography. Makes me take a long leave just to keep exploring these places. I, for sure, am headed to coastal Karnataka this monsoon.

Thanks again. :-)

Thanks given2fly.
Have a nice holiday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacs (Post 1956994)
I was lucky to have a forced bachelor weekend in native. Mom prepared me some fresh prawns and raw mango curry with coconut milk, mouth watering taste and flavour. Believe me I had no competition for meals since wifey was back in BLR, finished 1Kg prawns in two meals myself :D.

Jacs, man you are enjoying. Poor wifey. Hope she doesn't log on to read this:D

Yes, indeed. But unfortunately am tied down due to work. So this simulation of the coast at Bangalore :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3va (Post 1957198)
what coincidence ! Just finished feasting upon fishes(mathi, aila and nathuli..sorry dont know the english names) brought by my in laws from Kerala and lo this thread !

now comin back to the thread, How intense would be the rains now in GA ? is it worth a trip now to enjoy the beach to the fullest ?

Siva, you too?

Don't know. Last year I hear it was too bad in September with floods.

I love the beaches in rain. Its a different kind of feeling. I can sit on a shack watching the rains and the waves blending till eternity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacs (Post 1956994)
Mom prepared me some fresh prawns and raw mango curry with coconut milk, mouth watering taste and flavour. Believe me I had no competition for meals since wifey was back in BLR, finished 1Kg prawns in two meals myself .

I was thinking that, next time Lalu would stop over at your mom's place and consume another KG of prawns..

Quote:

Originally Posted by laluks (Post 1957239)
Yes, indeed. But unfortunately am tied down due to work. So this simulation of the coast at Bangalore

but as he is tied down with work, the mom as well as prawns are saved, be it in Kerala or at Goa.

Quote:

I love the beaches in rain. Its a different kind of feeling. I can sit on a shack watching the rains and the waves blending till eternity.

add to it hot and crisp onion pakodas with hot tea...nothing beats it.

Quote:

Siva, you too?

Don't know. Last year I hear it was too bad in September with floods.

Oh ye, whole week I have been feasting on fishes !

Its not that I dont love the rains and the beaches. But a shining sun and the beach makes a perfect combination to me ! hey, will the shacks be still open, i thought they all break it down and bring it up during the next season ???