Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 13:20   #211
BHPian

Great

Just read your travelouge in one go ! It was the most well written and information-packed read I had on TEAM-BHP.

Though I am not going on this trip right away, your write-up has inspired me to make it in the near future.

Could you also provide some details on the booking agent that you used?

Cheers
Old 25th September 2009, 13:38   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen08 View Post
Once again, thanks for this lovely insight into that land across the Himalayas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajP View Post
Just read your travelouge in one go ! It was the most well written and information-packed read I had on TEAM-BHP.

Though I am not going on this trip right away, your write-up has inspired me to make it in the near future.

Could you also provide some details on the booking agent that you used?

Cheers
Thank you.

Here is a list of few agencies that organise this trip. I am not naming just one but giving you guys a few options as I think the following agents are all good.

1. Kailash Journeys - Owner Mr Badri Shreshtha - We used this agency for our trip.

2. Yak Adventure Travelways - They were the ones who actually managed the tour after our goup was merged with theirs. They did a good job.

3. Dr. Milind Chitey - hillsandtrails@vsnl.com - a doctor by profession, but his love for hills makes him organise trips to Kailash from Mumbai. This time was his 15th trip. Also an added advantage going with him is that you have a qualified doctor with you. Although he wasnt from our group, but was kind enough to help Mum out when required.

4. Shreshtha Holidays - seemed to be the biggest and very popular, paritculary in the south of India. The only problem with him I think is that his groups are very big and sometimes can get difficult to manage big groups

I am sure there are plenty others who organise but I am not sure of the creditibility. The ones I have mentioned are the ones I had some sort of interaction with

Regards
deky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:08   #213
BHPian

Deky,

One great soul searching trip you did with your mom and really felt sad about the fall and also felt good that your mom is recovering fast and doing great.

For the Hindu's this is one of the holiest pilgrimage to undertake and your effort to show us how wonderful, treacherous, hard, bless-full this trip can be is really commendable. Its really sad to be on the foothills of Mount Kailash and to come back, but the act you did to stand by your mother when she needed you is high appreciable.

When I was reading through the whole thread, some of the group members commented that people who read this thread on a later date will finish reading in 3 hours. All I have to say is that, you have lived the thread day by day experiences and what Deky has undergone and we are just reading them now and only imagining. I took 2 days to read the entire piece and at the end I felt that I was blessed.

I have experienced this entire trip with the wonderful photographs and narration. You have really taken pains to infuse as much information as possible so that it helps other group members. Very nice of you.

vensum: Isn't your FIL's death termed as Nirvana. Shivji has really blessed him. Not many people get to meet him in such a nice way.
Indian Ranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:05   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
Deky,

One great soul searching trip you did with your mom and really felt sad about the fall and also felt good that your mom is recovering fast and doing great.

For the Hindu's this is one of the holiest pilgrimage to undertake and your effort to show us how wonderful, treacherous, hard, bless-full this trip can be is really commendable. Its really sad to be on the foothills of Mount Kailash and to come back, but the act you did to stand by your mother when she needed you is high appreciable.

When I was reading through the whole thread, some of the group members commented that people who read this thread on a later date will finish reading in 3 hours. All I have to say is that, you have lived the thread day by day experiences and what Deky has undergone and we are just reading them now and only imagining. I took 2 days to read the entire piece and at the end I felt that I was blessed.

I have experienced this entire trip with the wonderful photographs and narration. You have really taken pains to infuse as much information as possible so that it helps other group members. Very nice of you.

vensum: Isn't your FIL's death termed as Nirvana. Shivji has really blessed him. Not many people get to meet him in such a nice way.
Thank you, it was indeed a journey of a life time. I am glad you enjoyed reading the travelogue.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:15   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
... it was indeed a journey of a life time.
You're not going to do it again?

I was really looking forward to the next-attempt thread, and the pictures from the other side of Kailash.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:39   #216
BHPian

Like cats, some people have more than one life. If I recollect, this is the second adventure of a lifetime for deky.
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:40   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

This one was chosen; the first was most decidedly not!
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:56   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
You're not going to do it again?

I was really looking forward to the next-attempt thread, and the pictures from the other side of Kailash.
Lol, would love to do it again, but this time will be the govt one. I think will be more exciting.

Anyone else wants to do...lets plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
Like cats, some people have more than one life. If I recollect, this is the second adventure of a lifetime for deky.
Yeah one on sea one on land. lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This one was chosen; the first was most decidedly not!
And the Kailash Trip was'nt a life threating one. Enough preperations were done prior to the trip to be able to make it an adventerous one and yet a safe one. (or maybe we both returned safely so I can say that now)

The ship adventure ...yeah!!! definately once in a life time adventure:P
Old 5th November 2009, 13:34   #219
BHPian

What a thread!!
One of the best thread on bhp.
It must be a sense of great achievement. Thanks alot for sharing the whole stuff.
Old 5th November 2009, 16:20   #220
BHPian

@deky,

Being relatively a newbie here and having managed to read your Sea tale, I immediately started browsing around for the travel logs initiated by you, and lo, am here !

You have captured the moments in an enchanting manner topping it up with the beautiful snaps.

And above all, please dont forget to share my comments to your Mom that she is truly a daring, optmistic and an inspiring lady. Hats Off to her endurance and "touch wood" !!! I hope she has recovered completely by now !

The details that you have shared here will be defenitely made use to its best by all the travelers around.

OT : By the by, what camera do you use. If I am right, it appears to be an advanced point and shoot one or is it a D-SLR. Pls do share the model details ?

Siva

Last edited by s3va : 5th November 2009 at 16:34.
Old 5th November 2009, 19:52   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
What a thread!!
One of the best thread on bhp.
It must be a sense of great achievement. Thanks alot for sharing the whole stuff.
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
@deky,

Being relatively a newbie here and having managed to read your Sea tale, I immediately started browsing around for the travel logs initiated by you, and lo, am here !

You have captured the moments in an enchanting manner topping it up with the beautiful snaps.

And above all, please dont forget to share my comments to your Mom that she is truly a daring, optmistic and an inspiring lady. Hats Off to her endurance and "touch wood" !!! I hope she has recovered completely by now !

The details that you have shared here will be defenitely made use to its best by all the travelers around.

OT : By the by, what camera do you use. If I am right, it appears to be an advanced point and shoot one or is it a D-SLR. Pls do share the model details ?

Siva
Mom is completely fine now. Shall definitely pass on your comments to her. Thank You.

I used Sony Alpha 200 DSLR.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:40   #222
BHPian

Excellent write-up and pictures deky. Looks like you had a blast there in Tibet. And good to know that your mum is fully recovered from that accident.

Your travelogue inspires me to try out similar myself, like many others have mentioned before. Maybe some day in the future.
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:23   #223
BHPian

Hi Decky

This is one of the best travelogues i have ever read till date . The most intersting aspect of this travelogue i admire the most is

1. The Actual journey - Very good write up
2. Excellent Photography
3. Step by step coverage of the actual trip .
4. Pictures of the Manas sarovar along with Mount Kailesh .
5. Every one does travelling a lot , but there are very few people who want to document on how they traveled and share there experiences .

I hope u make a trip to Manas sarovar again and complete this travelogue where u left ( The uncompleted Parikrama )
Old 4th January 2010, 10:15   #224
BHPian

A heart-felt note of Thanks, for the simple yet absorbing narration of such an important milestone of your life.

Hari-Om, to your mother for her absolute resolve and wishing her well.

This journey is a pending saga in my sub-conscious mind and am hoping to take the leap - as destined.

Regards,

A 'Namaste' smilie would have been apt here.!!!
Old 5th January 2010, 21:26   #225
BHPian

(*applause)

i dont have much words to appreciate the work you have put in for this mammoth task. First, actually going through it is a big thing and then sharing almost each and every detail with us.. no words, friend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks