Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 22:24   #1
BHPian

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive

Nandi Hills must be one of the most visited places by anyone staying in Bangalore. Go there on a weekend afternoon and you will find every reason to hate the place: it is crowded, noisy, littered, chaotic, traffic jams on the top... I still used to go there only for the drive part. The drive up the winding hills gave me the relaxation I was looking for after weeks of driving in the crazy Bangalore traffic.

Recently I came across a picture that was taken from the top of Nandi Hills. The difference was the picture was taken in the early morning, just after sunrise. One look at the picture, and I was sure I wanted to go back there again; but this time early in the morning.

A teaser....
Attached Thumbnails
Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-img_4918.jpg  

subhashnm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2009, 22:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhashnm View Post
Go there on a weekend afternoon and you will find every reason to hate the place: it is crowded, noisy, littered, chaotic, traffic jams on the top...
Add to it the agressive monkeys
I've been to Nandi hill many times that I lost count

Hey nice teaser. Waiting for your experience.
Old 8th December 2009, 22:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well this is how Nandi hills looked thru a P&S. Wasn't carrying my DSLR and it was a mistake.

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-11538_196104485587_599115587_3518401_4314229_n.jpg
Old 8th December 2009, 22:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well this is how Nandi hills looked thru a P&S. Wasn't carrying my DSLR and it was a mistake.
That one looks awesome, without narration one might think of it as a photograph from a airplane. I am glued now. Please post more visual treats of the hills.

Cheers
Old 8th December 2009, 23:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nandi Hills must be one of the most visited places by anyone staying in Bangalore. Go there on a weekend afternoon and you will find every reason to hate the place: it is crowded, noisy, littered, chaotic, traffic jams on the top... I still used to go there only for the drive part. The drive up the winding hills gave me the relaxation I was looking for after weeks of driving in the crazy Bangalore traffic.

Recently I came across a picture that was taken from the top of Nandi Hills. The difference was the picture was taken in the early morning, just after sunrise. One look at the picture, and I was sure I wanted to go back there again; but this time early in the morning.

A teaser....
Nice teaser..Where is the story @subhashnm.
In fact couple of my friends have taken pics similar to that from Skandagiri.
Old 8th December 2009, 23:45   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Add to it the agressive monkeys
Boy, are they aggressive!

Quote:
That is a great picture. The sky wasn't all that clear on the east and just couldn't manage a picture like that. Great click! I think I've seen this somewhere. Have you posted it online anywhere?
Old 9th December 2009, 08:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is a great picture. The sky wasn't all that clear on the east and just couldn't manage a picture like that. Great click! I think I've seen this somewhere. Have you posted it online anywhere?
Aye its my picture and have posted it only on facebook otherwise.
Old 9th December 2009, 09:32   #8
BHPian

Hey Subhashnm, please start with the log, looking forward for more
Old 9th December 2009, 09:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Superb snaps. Just tingling the travel nevres for all the BHPians by showong these fantastic snaps. Good one
Old 9th December 2009, 10:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Nice teaser..Where is the story @subhashnm.
In fact couple of my friends have taken pics similar to that from Skandagiri.
I've heard Skandagiri is even better. Gotta go there one of these days.

Quote:
Aye its my picture and have posted it only on facebook otherwise.
Of course it is your picture, and a great one at that! I was wondering if I've seen it popping up on Google Image Search. Checked it again and no, it wasn't this one. That was a similar picture of Skandagiri taken by someone else.
Old 9th December 2009, 10:31   #11
BHPian

My bro-in-law was in town last weekend and I wanted to take him out somewhere special. So I decided this was the time to do that morning drive that I've been thinking of for a while.
We planned to get up early enough - say, at 4am - to ensure that we will be at the top to catch the sunrise. But as you know, the winter mornings could make you extremely lazy. We finally started from my apartment in Bommanahalli, South Bangalore at 5:30. The tank was topped up the previuos night, iPod and the camera battery was charged, and we were on our way!
The route I took was Silk Board - Adugodi - MG Rd - Rajbhavan - Golf Course - Mekhri Circle - Hyderabad Rd (NH7) - Nandi Hills. The road was empty, and I had a great time driving. The last time I was on NH7 there were numerous speed breakers on the way, but most of them were removed when I drove by this time.
Started climbing up the hill, and soon the magic of the fog came to surround us.
Attached Thumbnails
Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-img_4911.jpg  

Old 9th December 2009, 11:53   #12
BHPian

Hey SubhashNM awesome teaser pic . One of these days I need to do this trip early morning but on a bike. Please continue.
Old 9th December 2009, 12:10   #13
BHPian

Ok enough of the teasers please come out with more pictures!
Old 9th December 2009, 13:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

@subhashnm,
do you watch a lot of daily soaps which comes on TV. You are write up is something like that, by time it is started, it would have ended for the day and you have to wait for the next day.
Just kidding, get the whole story bro.
Old 9th December 2009, 15:23   #15
BHPian

Pardon my bit-by-bit storytelling, but the work caught up with me sooner than I thought it would! :(
As soon as we started climbing, the air was crisp and clean. A good break for someone from the city.But we were running late. Really late. We were sure to miss the sunrise, but the fog looked promising.At least we will be presented with some good views from the top.
Reached at the ticketing counter at around 6:30, and there were already quite a few cars and bikes around. It is not going to be empty at the top! We didn't want to stop on the way to the parking at the top lest we miss out on the good views before the fog starts melting away.
We went straight to the rock slope in front of the temple at the top. And boy, what a view!
Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-img_4921.jpg

Tried silouhetting the rock against the valley. The photo didn't come out well, though :(
Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-img_4953.jpg

That's yours truly in the red jacket
Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-img_4923.jpg

Watching over the sea of clouds...
Name:  IMG_4932.JPG
Views: 17131
Size:  60.5 KB
subhashnm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks