Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 10:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonguy View Post
Super pics! The teaser is awesome. You've made me want to go there early morning too. Can you tell me what time you reached there so I can plan my trip likewise?
Ensure that you get there by 6am. Gates open by then and at around 6:10am you could witness sunrise. If you are lucky enough you prolly would have the clouds below you like in the pic I posted.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Ensure that you get there by 6am. Gates open by then and at around 6:10am you could witness sunrise. If you are lucky enough you prolly would have the clouds below you like in the pic I posted.
Right. Be there by 6am. I reached by 6:30 and I had missed the sunrise. And I wasn't so lucky to have a clear blue sky, too.

Also, I've heard of many people staying there overnight. Don't know any details, though.
Old 11th December 2009, 14:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhashnm View Post
Continue on NH7 beyond BIAL. You will see a huge temple on the top of a rock on your left side. Take the first left turn after the temple. You can see directions for Nandi Hills there.

Go straight on this road, and you will reach a T-junction with lots of shops. Take a left and go a couple of kms. You will reach another juction where there is a small traffic island, sort of. Take a right there and the climb starts to the top of the hills. No diversions beyond this point.
Thanks for the information sir !!!
Old 11th December 2009, 14:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
To reach the top around 6 am, around what time does one need to start from home ?

I stay in south Bangalore, and like to drive at a leisurely speed (60-80 kmph) even on an empty highway.

Thanks in advance.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 11th December 2009, 15:22   #35
BHPian

very nice pictures, how long will it take to reach the top of the hills if we were to stay at Iskon temple?
Old 12th December 2009, 09:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
To reach the top around 6 am, around what time does one need to start from home ?

I stay in south Bangalore, and like to drive at a leisurely speed (60-80 kmph) even on an empty highway.

Thanks in advance.

Rohan,
Bangalore
If you maintain an average speed of 50 km/hr should take you about 1 hr 30 mins.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:58   #37
BHPian

Wonderful pictures,just been through the thread enjoyed every minute.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:03   #38
BHPian

Hi,
The pics were awesome. Its been quite some time since I went up there. Will have to plan it shortly. Thanks again for the pics.
Old 25th December 2009, 14:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

Some pics from my trip

Went for an early morning drive to Nandi Hills today. Here is the background:
- 25th Dec was a holiday, followed by a long weekend. I was itching to go on a long drive before giving the car for the 3rd free service (next month).
- I've been to Nandi Hills several times earlier, but never went early morning to see the sunrise from the hill top.
- After seeing the photos in this thread, was determined to go to Nandi Hills early morning the next time I went there.
- When my best friend informed me that his wife has to catch an early morning flight on 25th Dec, I suggested that we will drop her at the airport and proceed to Nandi Hills and catch the sunrise.
- Started from Koramangala at 4 am. Driving at a leisurely pace, reached the airport at 5 am.
- Dropped friend's wife at airport, took a coffee break and started for Nandi Hills at 5:30 am.
- Reached Nandi Hills just in time for the sunrise.
- Attaching some photos taken from my basic point and shoot Sony Cybershot for your viewing pleasure.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-dsc00430.jpg  

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-dsc00440.jpg  

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-dsc00456.jpg  

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-dsc00464.jpg  

Old 25th December 2009, 20:19   #40
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic pictures Rohan!

OT: Maybe we should plan a T-BHP meet which would involve a drive to Nandi Hills and then breakfast at Veena Stores/CTR/Airlines

The funny thing is, I've been in Bangalore all my life and I think I'm the only one who hasn't been to the hills and that's because of my sheer ignorance!
Old 25th December 2009, 22:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Pics @Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Fantastic pictures Rohan!

OT: Maybe we should plan a T-BHP meet which would involve a drive to Nandi Hills and then breakfast at Veena Stores/CTR/Airlines

The funny thing is, I've been in Bangalore all my life and I think I'm the only one who hasn't been to the hills and that's because of my sheer ignorance!
@suhaas307, I am planning for a drive to Nandi hills sometime next week. Do you want to join in ?
Its been ages since i have gone there, so planning for one next week.
Old 25th December 2009, 23:01   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Awesome Pics @Rohan

@suhaas307, I am planning for a drive to Nandi hills sometime next week. Do you want to join in ?
Its been ages since i have gone there, so planning for one next week.
That would be great! Will PM you on this. Thank you!
Old 25th December 2009, 23:14   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Suhaas, dont feel too bad. I went today for the first time.

I had a good time with friends. We left my house in Jayanagar ar 11:00ish and reached there at 1:20pm. Mainly because we went in two cars and we kept losing each other and we had to keep waiting for the other car only to realise that they were 10 kms ahead. Then we would go past them without realising and the entire cycle repeated!

However, while coming back, we left the top at 3:45 pm and were back in Bangalore by 5:15. This was after I took a long detour through the airport just to experience the curves

Do let me know when you guys are planning to go. Will try to join in. Should be fun
Old 25th December 2009, 23:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Do let me know when you guys are planning to go. Will try to join in. Should be fun
Hi Nikhil,
Planning sometime in the coming week. Will PM you. On second thought, how about a drive in my bike ?
Old 25th December 2009, 23:31   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Suhaas, dont feel too bad. I went today for the first time.

Just made me feel better bro! We shall definitely plan something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Hi Nikhil,
Planning sometime in the coming week. Will PM you. On second thought, how about a drive in my bike ?
3 on one bike? hehe!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks