Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:31   #196
Senior - BHPian

Very useful description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
You will see Brigade Harmony and Forum Value Mall on your right.

5. After 5 kms, you will see Kadugodi Bus Stand on our left. There is a crossing here (right again goes to Chikka Tirupati). Keep going STRAIGHT – you will be heading towards Whitefield.

6. You have to go across the Whitefield Level Crossing, below the Flyover which is under construction. You may face a small traffic jam here. In fact, this is the only bottleneck in this route. Keep going straight – you will see Sathya Sai University on your right.
Is the above (bold highlighted) in point 5 typo? While coming from Forum Value Mall, Kadugodi Bus stand is towards the right. Or am I missing something? Also, Whitefield is the area immediately after Forum Value Mall. This area is called Kadugodi.

After 3 KMs from Forum Value Mall, one finds Hope Farm junction (left here takes you to ITPL). Proceed straight 2 KM to find Kadugodi Bus Stand on right. Soon after here, a railway crossing. After the crossing, one find the Satya Sai Ashram on right side.
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:06   #197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Very useful description.

Is the above (bold highlighted) in point 5 typo? While coming from Forum Value Mall, Kadugodi Bus stand is towards the right. Or am I missing something? Also, Whitefield is the area immediately after Forum Value Mall. This area is called Kadugodi.

After 3 KMs from Forum Value Mall, one finds Hope Farm junction (left here takes you to ITPL). Proceed straight 2 KM to find Kadugodi Bus Stand on right. Soon after here, a railway crossing. After the crossing, one find the Satya Sai Ashram on right side.

Its the same place. At the hope farm junction left goes to ITPL, right leads to the NH207 Y junction. Attached picture shows the position.

DRIVOBLOG® |Maiden Drive with HVK (too tempestuous to be Telecasted LIVE!)-hopefarm.jpg
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:27   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Its the same place. At the hope farm junction left goes to ITPL, right leads to the NH207 Y junction. Attached picture shows the position.
I think my questions were misunderstood.

1. Is the Kadugodi bus stand on the left or on the right? Till one year back it was on the right. I am not sure whether it has changed since. Hence the question.

2. Whitefield is the area immediately after Forum Value Mall. Whitefield railway station comes after Kadugodi Bus stand though.
Old 26th January 2011, 06:14   #199
BHPian

Re: DRIVOBLOG® |Maiden Drive with HVK (too tempestuous to be Telecasted LIVE!)

Hi,

I did run a search and this was the latest thread that came up for the string "Hyderabad to Bangalore by road".

has anyone done this route recently, I have heard the highway is now complete and in very good condition. Any pointers that I should keep in mind? Doing this coming weekend (29-30 Jan). It would be helpful if I could get details on:
Q)What time I should start from Hyderabad(I live in Madhapur).
Q)Pitstops

Thanks,
MaSh
Old 26th January 2011, 12:37   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Hi,

I did run a search and this was the latest thread that came up for the string "Hyderabad to Bangalore by road".

has anyone done this route recently, I have heard the highway is now complete and in very good condition. Any pointers that I should keep in mind? Doing this coming weekend (29-30 Jan). It would be helpful if I could get details on:
Q)What time I should start from Hyderabad(I live in Madhapur).
Q)Pitstops

Thanks,
MaSh
This is the thread so should be looking at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...onditions.html

Will answer all your queries!
Old 25th July 2011, 07:43   #201
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
we hardly realised that we were bypassing Madurai, which flew by like the other large towns before that - Rasipuram, Namakkal, Karur, Dindigul. Unfortunately, facilities are poor after crossing Salem. If there was a A2B after Karur, I am sorry I missed it.
HVK sir sorry to reply to an old post on this thread, saw this just today
On my way back from Munnar to Bangalore in May 2011 I saw a new Arya Bhavan hotel has come up between Salem and Namakkal on NH7 - to the left when going from Salem to Namakkal. IMO location wise a good option but I still haven't tried the place. This seems to fill the void for the Salem-Dindigul stretch (so that you don't have to turn off NH7 for a break) and it's not another A2B !
Of course when going from Bangalore you also have the option of eating sumptuous (and splurging) food at GRT, Salem which is also on the highway.
Old 25th July 2011, 09:21   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
HVK sir sorry to reply to an old post on this thread, saw this just today
On my way back from Munnar to Bangalore in May 2011 I saw a new Arya Bhavan hotel has come up between Salem and Namakkal on NH7 - to the left when going from Salem to Namakkal. IMO location wise a good option but I still haven't tried the place. This seems to fill the void for the Salem-Dindigul stretch (so that you don't have to turn off NH7 for a break) and it's not another A2B !
Of course when going from Bangalore you also have the option of eating sumptuous (and splurging) food at GRT, Salem which is also on the highway.
Where exactly is this Arya Bhavan?

There is also Aristo immediately after crossing Karur on NH7 itself attached to a BPCL petrol pump, which serves very good food and has clean wash rooms.
Old 25th July 2011, 18:35   #203
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Where exactly is this Arya Bhavan?

There is also Aristo immediately after crossing Karur on NH7 itself attached to a BPCL petrol pump, which serves very good food and has clean wash rooms.
Sorry I did not make a note of exact location but it is approximately 10-20km from Salem from the point where NH7 curves to right (1-2km after the big circle with the old NH47 right turn).
Thanks for the information about Aristo, so guess we have 2 decent options now on the Salem-Namakkal-Karur stretch. Will definitely try one of these on my next trip in that direction.
Old 25th July 2011, 18:46   #204
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry I did not make a note of exact location but it is approximately 10-20km from Salem from the point where NH7 curves to right (1-2km after the big circle with the old NH47 right turn).
Thanks for the information about Aristo, so guess we have 2 decent options now on the Salem-Namakkal-Karur stretch. Will definitely try one of these on my next trip in that direction.
Then its very close to Salem (but on the outskirts). That way a good thing is that you cross the city and then take a break. No more dependency on A2B Thoppur. The one at Karur is kind of difficult situation. Because if you drive in the morning for about 200 km to Salem, one would like to take a break. So these places work well. Then one wont take a break for a long distance. (At least more 150-200 again).

That way one would cross Karur and would have to miss out on Aristo. But not if one is driving real long 350-400km before a break!

Last edited by ampere : 25th July 2011 at 18:48.
Old 25th July 2011, 19:05   #205
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Then its very close to Salem (but on the outskirts). That way a good thing is that you cross the city and then take a break. No more dependency on A2B Thoppur. The one at Karur is kind of difficult situation. Because if you drive in the morning for about 200 km to Salem, one would like to take a break. So these places work well. Then one wont take a break for a long distance. (At least more 150-200 again).

That way one would cross Karur and would have to miss out on Aristo. But not if one is driving real long 350-400km before a break!
Yes and I guess Aristo would make sense on the way back from Madurai/Dindugal/Batlagundu.
Old 25th July 2011, 19:09   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes and I guess Aristo would make sense on the way back from Madurai/Dindugal/Batlagundu.
That reminds me. So on which sides of the road are these joints located?
Are there sign boards/hoarding which tell about the approaching hotel?
GPS co-ordinates would be ideal.

I think it would be good to have a coming GPX file uploaded on the site, that marks all the eatouts on the highways.

Last edited by ampere : 25th July 2011 at 19:21.
Old 25th July 2011, 21:22   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That reminds me. So on which sides of the road are these joints located?
Are there sign boards/hoarding which tell about the approaching hotel?
GPS co-ordinates would be ideal.

I think it would be good to have a coming GPX file uploaded on the site, that marks all the eatouts on the highways.
Aristo is 1 km after the last flyover on Karur bypass when you are coming from Salem. It is on the left side. It is next to a BPCL petrol pump, can't miss it.

I do have the GPS coordinates but that is part of a larger route file.
Old 25th July 2011, 23:40   #208
Senior - BHPian

The GPS co-ordinates of Hotel Aristo are given in the attached Map Source file.
Attached Files
File Type: gdb aristo karur.gdb (174 Bytes, 313 views)
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 01:33   #209
BHPian

There is a A2B on Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Salem stretch, but it is before Thoppur.

It is I think 36 to 38 kms from the Krishnagiri turn off. An easy way to keep track of it is wait for the LT toll sign boards to appear (first toll after Krishnagiri towards Salem) and it is about a KM before that on the right. WIll need to take a you turn,

From Salem, it is right after the second toll from Salem.

Tip: This is the most expensive toll in the stretch. As of last week, it is 73 Rs for a single ticket.

P.S: There is a reliance A1 on the opposite side to the A2B but I rarely see Vehicles there. I think it has a Kamat.
Old 31st May 2012, 15:11   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I carry all my water, never buy bottled water.
Why? Do you carry water from home - boiled water I guess?

Quote:
I never check air on my tyres on teh highway, most dangerous thing to do.
I know, checking air after a hot run is not correct, but could not understand why do you call it dangerous?

Lovely travelogue.

Spike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks