Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 00:38   #31
BHPian

Awesome! Glued to this already and waiting for more.

Kumar Sir and BT together. An immense traveler and an amazing storyteller!
Old 21st January 2010, 09:27   #32
BHPian

QnA Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I can bet that the rest of the trip and this thread will be an education in itself.
DRIVOCATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
And I thought Yeti was the best story teller. :-)
Ha Ha, in DRIVOBLOG every photographic subect is the *Star* of the show. They do my job of storytelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Tirthankar, I am sorry i couldn't give you the CD's you asked for when you were in Chandigarh.
But, what wold be the address? Milestone 23, NH8 ?
Hey its ok. Many Thanks for offering. You may hand it over to Pawsingh, sometime at your convenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Can you explain a bit more the MP police issue?
I hope you have got the picture by now. GIves a clear signal to most of us travelling like and advised to find phone numbers of the local MLA before entering those districts. If we cannot, we must join UNO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
pretty soon I will be too motivated to shift my home near HVK's apartment
Wow. Residential Real Estate Rentals in Thane area is all set to go up, seems like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Glued on!!! Great pictures and narration, continue..I am sure you enjoyed every moment

why the hell did Cops took a stance? please brief?
The dutiful public servants wanted us to merrily volunteer for the cause of democracy, as if we were loafing around that area without any work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Kumar Sir and BT together. An immense traveler and an amazing storyteller!
yeah the word DRIVO+BLOG gets split into two roles. HVK for 'DRIV' and me for 'BLOG', 'O' is the camera lens symbol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
and get some mielage for themselves and indirectly help the public.
The cops got mileage for sure on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Preferred payment method, BT? gives stamped receipts or what?
That was a typo error. Payment was made through Mahatma memorabilia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmik View Post
Im back from Aurangabad and hope to catch you in Hyderabad on the 21st. Safe driving till then.
Shalom.
Aarghh! we miss again. I am leaving Hyderabad tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Wow! Terrific start to a great blog. Following this with great interest. A learning experience for all highway driving enthusiasts!
Especially an insider on the HVK Driving Secrets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
wow this is great i dint know abt this....well i guess it was Tirthankar who answered the phone when i called HVK
Yeah! that was me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Wow .. we as a family always go to chatarpur to our sacred temple. It just reminded me all of those journeys. I am hooked. Great Photologue.
We stayed at one Chatarpur Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
, I was initially amazed at his trip logs. But when I executed similar planning, drive was smooth all the way.
I realised, he does have a point when he says start trips early morning. (which I don't)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) A person still driving at the age of 76! I read somewhere that age is just a number, and HVK's uncle proved it right.

How many other cars were confiscated like this near the place where they stopped you ? Did you spot other people like you who had lost their cars ?
GVK (HVK + 'G' for Grandbaap - H) is one of those stalwarts who though does hardly speak.
But if one is lucky, just out of chance
  • he may casually murmur "Bangalore-Karwar _l o n g pause_ how is the road now?"
  • and one will say, "yeah the roads are broken at Chitradurga" ,
  • GVK - "Incorrect! when did u last do?',
  • one will say "recently Sir, this September",
  • GVK (in true Garfield like charm) will shrug at him and state - "in December 1st week itself the entire stretch was getting repaired, Huh!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Iam really impressed by HVK's uncle, what a way to spend the seventies

Pass on the tips BT
I got an idea. Lets get GVK on TBHP. I have sent him a facebook invite already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Hey nice way of putting up a travelogue
My Pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
HVK, waiting to see you guys. Buzz me when you near the place we discussed
Thirthankar - nice blog.
Thanks. See you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
This sir just stays at a stone throws distance from my house. Would love to meet him once *damn this college and classes*
Oh Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesri View Post
Thirthankar:

Wow ... Great live drive-blogging! Congrats!!

I am sure you will be learning a lots of "best-practices" on extra-long-distance driving, from veteran HVK.
Yes you mentioned the perfect term I wanted to use - "Best-Practices"
Old 21st January 2010, 10:29   #33
BHPian

Once again a viewing pleasure and lesson to learn. Your posts are aiways a combination of both.
Am really impressed with the level of planning and execution for the long drives.

Its a great learning experience as to how to make them easier. Keep it up sir.
Old 21st January 2010, 10:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Man this is interesting! I'm hooked.
You got me hooked in the first place. Its because of your tip-off and assistances this trip happened. Thanks Brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikacin View Post
Its a great learning experience as to how to make them easier. Keep it up sir.
in the journey we have been having long conversations marveling our driving styles and preferences (which are so very different :P)

the thing about HVK is that he has simple solutions, tools and commonsense approach to every need during the drive, From the rubber band on his log book to the toll ticket holder. Absolutely Undebatable.
Old 21st January 2010, 11:27   #35
BHPian

WOnderful reading through the travelogue, what nice company to have that of Mr.HVK. I think as mentioned you are on a learning trip. In between the photos are speaking for them selves please continue with the postings, you have my undivided attention.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:03   #36
BHPian

Great going Mr. Basu. Missed meeting you during the last meet @ hyderabad and also this Get HVKed meet too got cancelled. Shall love to catch up with you the next time you are here in Hyderabad.

Great detailing of your journey with HVK. Love your narration and EFD (Eye For Detail )
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:08   #37
BHPian

I too am hooked to it. One can only visualize the experience you must be having with the Master! looking forward to more of it.
Old 22nd January 2010, 20:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

HVK along with Tirthankar left from my house at 2.40 am and were about 80 Kms away from Trivandrum at 7.35 pm. They were at Bangalore at about 10 am completing the 560 Km drive in about 7 hours with an 80 kmph average
Old 22nd January 2010, 20:48   #39
BHPian

Great write up Tirthankar; waiting for more pics and updates.
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:54   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HVK along with Tirthankar left from my house at 2.40 am and were about 80 Kms away from Trivandrum at 7.35 pm. They were at Bangalore at about 10 am completing the 560 Km drive in about 7 hours with an 80 kmph average
I have met them at Attibele Cross on Hosur road at 11:40AM. A small chat for 15minutes and off they took off to Trivandrum.

I guess then they would have reached trivandrum by 08:30Pm, and thats a cool drive Just 8.5hours!!
Old 23rd January 2010, 07:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I have met them at Attibele Cross on Hosur road at 11:40AM. A small chat for 15minutes and off they took off to Trivandrum.

I guess then they would have reached trivandrum by 08:30Pm, and thats a cool drive Just 8.5hours!!
Quote:
oh they have made some really good timings on this stretch , i wonder which route they took and how was the road conditions... I will wait for the pictorial updates ..........
Old 23rd January 2010, 12:40   #42
BHPian

Update and Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
oh they have made some really good timings on this stretch , i wonder which route they took and how was the road conditions... I will wait for the pictorial updates ..........
Now at Trivandrum, marvelling enthic Keralite Cuisine.

After his starvation treatment whole journey and showing me unending bananananananananas yesterday on NH47,
HVK truly blew me off my feet by giving a impressionable sensory experience:
  • Sights: of His House and the special private cottage he made me stay in
  • Sounds: of Garden and Local Ambiance and also Railway Locomotives
  • Smell: of Wonderful Food and Plants in the garden

While I work on the huge backlog, here is a teaser
Attached Thumbnails
DRIVOBLOG® |Maiden Drive with HVK (too tempestuous to be Telecasted LIVE!)-fd.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2010, 12:42   #43
Senior - BHPian

We started from MileCruncher's house at 255 am, reached Bangalore/Devanahalli Airport at 10 am, took the route via Whitefield, Varthu to Athibele, reaching there at 1145 am (traffic jam at Varthur Lake cost us 15-30 minutes extra), met LaluKS at Athibele (thanks, Lalu, for taking so much time off and driving so much distance to meet us), and we left Athibele at 12 noon. Took NH7 all the way - Salem at 230 pm, Madurai at 5 pm, but from Tirunelveli we got slowed down by heavy evening traffic and we could reach Trivandrum only at 940 pm, 1 hour slower on the Madurai-TVM stretch.
Old 23rd January 2010, 12:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Great going Mr. Basu. Missed meeting you during the last meet @ hyderabad and also this Get HVKed meet too got cancelled. Shall love to catch up with you the next time you are here in Hyderabad.

Great detailing of your journey with HVK. Love your narration and EFD (Eye For Detail )
Sorry, Hyderabadis, it was my sister's son wedding and there was absolutely no time during the 3 days I was in H'Bad.
Old 23rd January 2010, 13:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Even 21:40, 09hrs 40minutes is very good time between Hosur - TVM. That must be over 75Kmph average. Amazing.

As usual waiting for the logs from HVK.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks