Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:26   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

I see some elderly bearded men and some elderly bearded ladies. It occurs to me suddenly.
Now that's something that you don't see on a regular day! Were the ladies sporting goatees or full blown ZZ top style beards?

Last edited by Wolfheart : 22nd February 2010 at 15:33.
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:42   #152
BHPian

Amazing travelogue as usual Sam. Hey I wish you had pix of your journey from KWI (Kuwait) to BOM (Mumbai). Just reminds me of a situation when I was waiting to board a flight out of Mumbai and a flight to the Gulf was announced. The passengers were many first time air travellers unaware of how one gets looted when one is hungry especially at Mumbai airport with a pair of Samosas selling for Rs.120. One very innocent first time air traveller came up to this snack bar located just before the departure area. He asked the lady in Hindi
Man : Behenji , Samosa dena ...!!!
Behenji : (Quite annoyed at being called that and with a phoren accent to her Hindi)..ye lo...tissue chahiye kya ?
Man : (Not a clue what the second part of the sentence was) Chalo theek hain , kitna hua ?
Behenji : 120, mera matlab ek so bees.
Man : (shocked to hear the price)Behenji humne to ek hee manga thaa,aur wo tiss paeer yah wo mat dena
Behenji : Haan ek ka hee price 120 hain.
Man : To aap rakh lo bahut hee jyada mehenga hain. (Addressing his fellow passengers admiring him for at least finding the price) Arey bhaiyya yeh sab loot hain, suna hain plane mein muft milta hain wahi khaa lenge aur kya....and they walked off.

Well guess what I burst out laughing seeing the look on behenji's face

Last edited by ambivalent_98 : 23rd February 2010 at 14:44.
Old 30th April 2010, 15:27   #153
BHPian

Superb read. Rated 5 stars...

Name:  signthankspin.gif
Views: 681
Size:  8.0 KB
Old 5th May 2010, 00:45   #154
BHPian

Great to read you once again Sam. I had a lurching feeling that you had disappeared off the face of the earth. God Forbid!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks