Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 15:58   #46
BHPian

Awesome pics dude, now I m tempted to go to Kabini!
Old 5th March 2010, 16:00   #47
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pictures. You seem to have enjoyed your stay here. Hope to go to Kabini some day.
Old 5th March 2010, 18:21   #48

Lovely Photographs!
Any idea about how the resort you stayed in compares to The Orange County Resort in Kabini? I've heard quite a lot about it, but I guess it is slightly on the more expensive side.
Old 5th March 2010, 21:51   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantSoul View Post
Lovely Photographs!
Any idea about how the resort you stayed in compares to The Orange County Resort in Kabini? I've heard quite a lot about it, but I guess it is slightly on the more expensive side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Lovely pictures. You seem to have enjoyed your stay here. Hope to go to Kabini some day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Awesome pics dude, now I m tempted to go to Kabini!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Awesome pics man! Love the ones with the leopard! Nice camera as well!!

Thanks. I am really honored to know most of the members liked my pics. Its really encouraging for me.
About the Resort, I am not doing any marketing or sales for it but it was one of the best resort I have been to. Well, you will not get facility or setup as of Orange County but it is one of resort where I got the best service. The guys are really helpful. You can get more details on resort on Bison

Best part is its location, it is very near to the jungle border and in the night you can see elephants & other animal moving near the resort. They have dug deep trench around the resort to stop animal coming to the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Vinay,
Great pics. keep them coming and also let me know the camera and lens used, were the bird pics shot at Ranganatittu bird sanctuary?
Regards,
Fazal Sir, all the pics were taken during coracle ride in Kabini river. My next trip will be to Rangantittu soon. Also, we are going to Nagarhole on March 27/28 for the Bangalore team-bhp members meet.
Camera I am using - Canon 400D DSLR + 100-400mm IS lens. Well I took this because you were also using the same but mine is not USM.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:36   #50
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely mesmerizing stuff!! Great shots! Hats off to you sir
Old 6th March 2010, 01:21   #51
BHPian

Great pics. I love the Bison myself. Stayed there a couple of months back and spent quite a few lovely eveinings chit chatting with Saad himself and Dumi. They really had some amazing real life experiences to share around the bar in the evenings
Old 6th March 2010, 18:12   #52
BHPian

Lovely pics Vinay...Also can you tell us experience of Linea on the long drive.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:03   #53
BHPian

Till now, Nagarhole & Kabini was lucky for me. I was lucky to see Tiger as well as Leopard.

Also, I will be visiting Kanha this April for a Photography workshop and planning to be back in 'The Bison' in May. Hope my luck continues.
And Linea ..its amazing on long drives and highways. I have driven around 5.5K(out of total 6.5K) on Highways and never given me any issues.
Old 9th March 2010, 11:30   #54
BHPian

Great pictures Vinay. I have been to Kabini 5 times till now. I have never seen a tiger or a leopard. Jealous of you really!!!
I have been to Bandipur, Nagarhole Madumalai, Masagudi etc but have been disappointed every time. Anyway, hoping my luck will change soon.
Old 9th March 2010, 12:42   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Great pictures Vinay. I have been to Kabini 5 times till now. I have never seen a tiger or a leopard. Jealous of you really!!!
I have been to Bandipur, Nagarhole Madumalai, Masagudi etc but have been disappointed every time. Anyway, hoping my luck will change soon.
Timing is important - plan to go now until June. Spend atleast 3 full days (6 safaris) - you will not be disappointed, guaranteed. Kabini and Bandipur are excellent for tigers and leopards. You can try K.Gudi as well - excellent for leopard sighting.
Old 9th March 2010, 14:48   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
Timing is important - plan to go now until June. Spend atleast 3 full days (6 safaris) - you will not be disappointed, guaranteed. Kabini and Bandipur are excellent for tigers and leopards. You can try K.Gudi as well - excellent for leopard sighting.
Thanks for the tip. I will try during summer time. I have heard siting are better during this time due to reduced vegetation.

The funny thing is every time we went on a safari, the batch just before us or the one just after us will always sport a big cat
Old 9th March 2010, 15:42   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Thanks for the tip. I will try during summer time. I have heard siting are better during this time due to reduced vegetation.

The funny thing is every time we went on a safari, the batch just before us or the one just after us will always sport a big cat
I will also suggest after the rains, when the river is running full. Even that time is good. (Nov-Dec)
Old 9th March 2010, 15:47   #58

You are one lucky guy to SPOT a Leopard... my last 6 visits to Nagarhole and forests around it have yielded my pics of TIGER pug marks or poo...

Amazing pics man !!
Old 27th March 2010, 18:06   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Till now, Nagarhole & Kabini was lucky for me. I was lucky to see Tiger as well as Leopard.

Also, I will be visiting Kanha this April for a Photography workshop and planning to be back in 'The Bison' in May. Hope my luck continues.
And Linea ..its amazing on long drives and highways. I have driven around 5.5K(out of total 6.5K) on Highways and never given me any issues.
Hi Vinay,
I'm so excited after seeing your pics and started planning right away. As of now I'm also planning for May(last week) and wanted to know if that's an appropriate time to visit this place as it will be the peak of summer or early monsoon. Any suggestions?
Old 17th May 2010, 20:46   #60
BHPian

Life in Jungles of Kanha

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post

As said in my above post, I visited Kanha for a Photography Workshop in April last week and my experience was simply amazing. Its very tough to put them in words. Already we have 2 threads running on Kanha visit, so I will not say much about Kanha. Only difference is, my visit was with one of the wildlife photographer for BBC - 'Kalyan Varma'. So let the pictures talk.

First Morning at Kanha....
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0002.jpg

Can you count the number of bee hives
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0008.jpg

Was waiting to welcome us on the first morning inside Kanha
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0014.jpg

Then we started tracking the great Bengal tiger..wait looks like she is a tigress
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0021.jpg

She was too far...thatz the best I got after cropping
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0048.jpg

Howz my pose.....
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0074.jpg

My first Wild Dogs encounter...It was set of 5
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0095.jpg
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0140.jpg
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0157.jpg
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0159.jpg
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0169.jpg

Mid road meeting on Kanha Weather
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0199.jpg

Thatz Kanha
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0260.jpg

Resting time...plz don't disturb
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0301.jpg

Looking for a place in shadow to spent the day away from direct sunlight....
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0306.jpg

Thatz a Indian Gaur killed by male tiger, killed just before we reached. Mt. Tiger was sitting inside bushes, couldn't capture him in Canon..so captured it in natural camera..thatz my eye
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0327.jpg

Some Bird Shots
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0267.jpg
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0314.jpg
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0320.jpg
Life in Jungles - A Weekend at Kabini-kanha-day-1_0349.jpg

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 17th May 2010 at 20:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks