Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 08:56   #61
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
That is what my backup plan was. I have already spoken to my collegue who also owns Hyundai Accent and he has agreed to it.
Abeer,
I think you are thinking too much negative about your travel. Just pack your bags and travel, you have an excellent car and there is lot of Dhabas and Petrol pumps on the highway, i crossed 24 tolls ie an average of 1 toll with in 50kms , they have all emergency aids in case you get stuck also they display their emergency control nos board every 5 kms.

Be optimistic and just go ahead with your journey.

v&v
Old 31st March 2010, 09:53   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is what my backup plan was. I have already spoken to my collegue who also owns Hyundai Accent and he has agreed to it.
I've done this route in my Spark w/o any problem. Accent should not be any problem at all. All the best.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:04   #63
BHPian

Correct. The car is excellent. Only concern was the tube tyres as I don't want to be left stranded on the highway with family. So as an additional safety measure, I will carry an extra spare.
One thing was mentioned in the post earlier was about sand storms. How does one tackle them?
Old 31st March 2010, 10:40   #64
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correct. The car is excellent. Only concern was the tube tyres as I don't want to be left stranded on the highway with family. So as an additional safety measure, I will carry an extra spare.
One thing was mentioned in the post earlier was about sand storms. How does one tackle them?
Its on limited places, more on Jaipur - Bhilwara route small stretch of open areas nothing as such to worry about. Even our Delhi get dust storms in may -june.

v&v
Old 31st March 2010, 12:10   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Slime can be used for both tubed and tubeless tyres as per there website faq.
I think these guys are misleading people big time. The way Slime works would be effective in the case of tubeless tyres but how would it help if the nail went in & punctured the tube (in the case of tubed tyres)? To the best of my knowledge, there is no way Slime can prevent the nail from puncturing the tube (Slime is applied on the inner wall of the tyre surface itself, not on the tube).

Anyway, sorry for going OT on your Travelogue, I think we have a separate thread on this somewhere on the forum

Last edited by suman : 31st March 2010 at 12:12.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:34   #66
BHPian

Like there is Police with Speed Guns on Delhi-Ambala-Chandigarh highway, do we have just patrols on this route?
Old 5th May 2010, 15:43   #67
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like there is Police with Speed Guns on Delhi-Ambala-Chandigarh highway, do we have just patrols on this route?
Saw at couple of places, but the emergency number board is there after 4 to 5 kms. The average distance between 2 tolls is 50 kms.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:52   #68
BHPian

Hi VV,

Was going through this travelogue and it took me back to my roadtrip which I did on this stretch in Feb-Mar this year. Good pics and well written. Waiting for some more pics.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:39   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to do this trip in the last week of May. Have been able to convince family for this trip. Only concern that comes up is my Hyundai Accent has stock tyres which are not tubeless. Tyres are in good condition. Is it safe to drive on this stretch during day time? Are there any puncture repair shops on the way?
Do the tyres get hot during such long drives?
I have done Delhi-Chandigarh and Delhi-Amritsar before never done such a long trip, hence these questions.
Abeer,

I see you are very worried for things that are not in anyone's control (but you doing the right thing by gathering info), if there is a puncture you will manage it.

I do Mumbai-Delhi-Mumbai single handed once every year no matter what and without any night stopover. Dont worry the highway today between two cities is like best roads in all of India, you will just love driving on it and will do it again and again and again.90% toll and divider road.

I have done it in Santro, Scorpio and twice in the Civic.

GO for it, I am doing it in August this year or else would have joined you but not at that speed

Happy and safe journey.

Cheers
Old 5th May 2010, 18:23   #70
BHPian

I was concerned about the presence of Speed Guns on the route, because I think the limit on highways is still 90 and if I am doing 100/110, I would need to keep an eye for these guns as well.
Apart from this, I am all set to leave on 15th morning from Noida

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Saw at couple of places, but the emergency number board is there after 4 to 5 kms. The average distance between 2 tolls is 50 kms.
Old 5th May 2010, 18:36   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I was concerned about the presence of Speed Guns on the route, because I think the limit on highways is still 90 and if I am doing 100/110, I would need to keep an eye for these guns as well.

Abeer bhai,

Enough info. gathering done. Its nice to hear that you are finally raring to go on this trip. Delhi-Mumbai, as The Saint wrote above, is a tension free cruise, that frequent travelers do even w/o halt! So don't worry for speed guns, etc. If you notice one, just get soft on pedal, otherwise just drive away. On that route you'll find even M800's cursing at 100+. We drove at 140 and found no guns. Am sure you'll have a safe and nice trip, that'll make you a driving hungry guy.
Old 5th May 2010, 20:31   #72
BHPian

Abber Sir, just start your Engine and zoom down. The roads are fantastic, no need to worry on tyres. As already mentioned, tubeless are only recent entry and people have been using the tubed variety since decades without much issue.
I have done the Udaipur-Mumbai route couple of times and did not find any issues wrt speed gun totting police in that section. Dont worry bout it much.

Just take the precaution of not fully presurizing the tyres for the Raj section as it will be real hot. Carry lots of water, just in case something does go wrong.

Also, TVS has a 24x7 on road support for vehicles. I took it for my safari & indigo for 500 bucks each (taken through tata motors). I am sure similar one would exist for Accent. Check with them. In case you do get stranded, they will help you out in max 90 mins. Have experienced their service and they are pretty good.
Old 23rd May 2010, 10:01   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You might have already done this trip as i'm writing this response. I'm planning to Delhi-Mumbai-Delhi again on 28th of may but this time maybe on my Alto.

Just waiting for my leaves to be approved and then me and my bro would decide which car to take. I would prefer alto as i've already done this stretch on my Spark.

Looking forward for your TL on this trip.
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:38   #74
BHPian

I am in Ahmedabad now. The trip was very good. Thanks to the details on Team-Bhp and Kumar Sir for answering my calls when I was confused.
I will be back in Noida on 30th May and will post the TL then.
Old 24th May 2010, 09:47   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in Ahmedabad now. The trip was very good. Thanks to the details on Team-Bhp and Kumar Sir for answering my calls when I was confused.
I will be back in Noida on 30th May and will post the TL then.
Sounds good. Good to know that you took the plunge. Hopefully i'll be doing that stretch when you'll be back in Delhi.

OT - My plan is

28th 7:00 am start from Delhi
29th 7:00 am reach Mumbai ( 2 drivers and 24 hours )
Have few functions to attend on 30thand 31st
1st June - 12 noon start from Mumbai
2nd june - 12 noon reach Delhi

Hopefully i get the leaves..will know in 24 hours from now. Please pray for me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks