Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 21:08   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
After much of search, we found Agraharm Resorts to be vacant. We were surprised as to why, we thought we were lucky.

YouTube - Agraharam Resorts - The Worst
An obvious peril of internet booking.
I am sure you were out of options, but you still could keep speaking to 5/6 resorts and pay only after reaching there. In whatever experience of travel I have, in a touristy place like Waynad, it is IMPOSSIBLE to not find a place if you reach unbooked. You may not get a place exactly suited to your test, but you would certainly not be cheated like this.

Otherwise, there is a near certain chance of finding moths instead of the resort as opposed to the moths in the resort you found.

PS:- I understand that this is a negative review, but still, please shoot videos upside up!
Old 5th May 2010, 00:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

The behaviour/reaction of the folks at the place is unpardonable! And reserving the same food again is quite a major sin for someone into hospitality. Given the state of disrepair - the staff should've offered not just a discount, but apologies, themselves, and involved the owners immediately in this.

Those insects, though, from the pics, do not seem to be moths. They're probably those harmless flying ants you get a couple of times a year around the time it rains - and its a little random. They do come into home even in Bangalore in rather large quantities despite all doors being fastened etc. And with the traditional tiled roof construction (which has numerous benefits given the local climate), there's little to do about them except sweep them out.
Old 5th May 2010, 01:28   #33
BHPian

Damn! Such high number of flies. I won't stay in that resort even for a sec. That's why I hate these forest places, there are so many of them :(

P.S : Their website has been very badly made. Can't comment more on that or else I would be kicked out here
Old 5th May 2010, 10:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Horrifying indeed. The review should be posted to as many travel websites as possible so that they too learn they cannot get away after cheating people like this. Others on tbhp can too post negative comments about this retort sorry resort thing.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:00   #35
BHPian

That's one seriously horrible experience - Shocker. I doubt if any level of complaining would help - I don't think that it is going to make any difference to these people who are careless for the guests.

Good thing that you have let us all know so that we can avoid this at any cost. Suggest posting a few reviews at other sites as well so that the message reaches more audience.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

Too bad. And as all mentioned it should definitely highlighted to Kerala Tourism irrespective of if it makes any difference. Atleast, by making a formal complaint, you are adding a value. And will count when more people do the same.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:56   #37
BHPian

After reading your horrifying story i feel i am lucky to stay in Wild Life resort.

Good that atleast you enjoyed the drive.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Shocking - go the whole way

mouthshut
tripadvisor and other major travel portals

Complain to the kerala Tourism dept
That's one HORRIBLE tale of events. Let's not let go of them. Mouthshut and Tripadvisor are good forums. Adding to it, please do post your review on Oktatabyebye, here's the link:

http://www.oktatabyebye.com/hotels/h...ontribute.aspx

I have already circulated this info among friends & acquaintances. Putting it on FB, Orkut and other social networking sites would also help others.

MODS: Can we rename to title of the thread to Horrifying Experience in Agraharam Cottages at Waynad !!!"
Old 5th May 2010, 13:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

It may be a coincidence but we had gone for a night drive to Nandi Hills on May 1st and encountered millions, yes millions of these same insects on our way back. The entire windscreen and bonnet was covered with them and had to stop to wash the windscreen once we reached BIAL road to continue our way back. Trust me guys, I have not seen that many insects other than in movies.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
It may be a coincidence but we had gone for a night drive to Nandi Hills on May 1st and encountered millions, yes millions of these same insects on our way back. The entire windscreen and bonnet was covered with them and had to stop to wash the windscreen once we reached BIAL road to continue our way back. Trust me guys, I have not seen that many insects other than in movies.
Wow - must've been an experience! Any pics?

Yeah, in some sense those insects were not really their fault, and if you're that kind of traveller, add to the experience of being closer to nature which is what such trips are for anyhow. But the subsequent behaviour, and the lack of effort in the kitchen, service and to make up for the experience point to huge gaps in hospitality.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Plain daylight lootmaar. While I understand that the entire trip was a family affair (and the ladies present), a phonecall to the cops was warranted. Who cares if the resort (if that is what one might still call it) did not want a tarnished image and call the cops. This should have been your decision ........ not their.

However, lets not cry over spilt milk. Instead, make those animals responsible for spilling the milk cry, wail, in utter horror. You now have many links (kudos to all the members that helped) where you can update your experience and I do believe this will have an impact.

Or maybe, plan another trip, stay at the same resort ....... only this time with a bunch of goons instead of your friends n family. Lets see how rude they can be when facing something different from a family compising of some sweet kiddos, a pregnent lady and generally shareef insaans.

Apologies for the long post but this thread really angers me.
Old 5th May 2010, 14:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

it sure is a contrast to what the website says about this resort to the experience you have mentioned here.

Neways its good that we are all aware now not to venture into this resort at any cost. I am still surprised to see that Holiday IQ has not uploaded your review on the resort.

Send your review to corporate@ktdc.com plus place them on raahi.com, oktatabyebye.com, makemytrip.com, yatra.com etc sites.
Old 5th May 2010, 20:45   #43
BHPian

yes, please do so. Atleast other innocent people would not suffer like you did. Also, apart from KTDC, you can choose to log a complain with consumer forum and make KTDC a party (if the resort is approved by KTDC). Then see how the action rolls.
Old 5th May 2010, 21:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

PS : I would request you to ask the mods to change the title of the thread to something on the lines of
" Horrifying Experience at Agraharam Resorts - Wayanad ".
Horrifying experience at Wayanad by itself is quite misleading and also if I were to run a search for Agraharam Resorts in google your thread is likely to get less hits.

I wouldn't suggest that you hold Wayanad responsible for this kinda experience and btw I come from there .
Old 5th May 2010, 21:44   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I wouldn't suggest that you hold Wayanad responsible for this kinda experience and btw I come from there .
100%.
Nice place and never had any bad experience driving through.
Have a couple of good friends from that part of KL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks