Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 21:34   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful write up beautiful pics ! I had a short trip [2 days] last Oct and we are planning to rock the place once again! Last time we got to know how Goa is [our maiden Goa trip] and this time this will definitely help us to make better decisions and planning !
Old 9th July 2010, 10:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Damu, I never knew there were so many varieties of roasted cashews. Infact we have cashew trees in native, next season will see many a varieties . So you bought raw prawns? Not seen any cooking session.
Old 9th July 2010, 13:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
enjoyed reading your travelogue. thanks for sharing
Star, thank you for reading it! and the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Magnificence lies in humility Damu!
MX6, thank you. Among the "magnificent" threads I referred to is your Pune Tirunelveli T/L. Still going through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
And the anti clockwise clock. Do we call it clock(un)wise?
Wise...what better place to place this than at the bar? After two shots the customer will see the clock going backwards and think he's had enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Beautiful write up beautiful pics ! ..this time this will definitely help us to make better decisions and planning !
swiftnfurious, That this is of use to you makes it worthwhile putting some effort into putting up a good T/L. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Damu, I never knew there were so many varieties of roasted cashews...So you bought raw prawns? Not seen any cooking session.
Roasted, raw, with shells, with skins...My wife buys them in small packets as gifts for her colleagues at work.

Cooking was at our apartment at RGBC, it has a kitchenette.

Regards
Old 20th July 2010, 20:26   #34
BHPian

Hey Damu,

Just checked out this wonder TL. Short and precise I would say. Thanks for sharing.
Old 20th July 2010, 21:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hey Damu,

Just checked out this wonder TL. Short and precise I would say. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Sami! Glad you liked it.
Old 21st July 2010, 09:27   #36
BHPian

excellent write up !!

Was the road via ankola good? (last time we traveled a 4 km stretch was very bad hopefully it is completed now) ; surely it is scenic

Last edited by raj.barcode : 21st July 2010 at 09:31.
Old 21st July 2010, 14:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Lovely Tlogue.You have me hooked onto your tlogues.Love the crisp pictures & your TLs contain just about the right amount of info one looks for.Lovely style.Looking forward to more.Loved your Tranquebar report as well.

Keep driving!

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2010, 08:12   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
excellent write up !!

Was the road via ankola good? (last time we traveled a 4 km stretch was very bad hopefully it is completed now) ; surely it is scenic
Thank you, Raj!

Yes, the Hubli to Ankola road is in very good condition.

From Nelamangala all the way to Madgaon the road is good. Except for one stretch from Chitradurga to Haveri (actually from somewhere between Chitradurga and Davangere to Haveri) where the GQ work is still on. Barring this stretch, all sections are in good shape.

Yes it is very scenic. If you haven't been on the Shimoga - Sagar route, try that as well, it is equally scenic (better ghats sections and you will go through Jog), but road is not as good as Hubli Ankola.

If you're living in North or East Bangalore, I recommend on return trip you take the Dobbspet - Doddaballapur bye pass, traffic at night from Tumkur is very heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Lovely Tlogue.You have me hooked onto your tlogues.Love the crisp pictures & your TLs contain just about the right amount of info one looks for.Lovely style.Looking forward to more.Loved your Tranquebar report as well.
Keep driving!
Cheers
Thank you very much for the compliments, Ranjit! If you travel to Tranquebar, let me know if you want any further details. I am writing the last part of that T/L now.

Regards
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Great travelogue and pics. I have done this same route many times in the last 5 years and your TL made me see this "mundane" trip in a new light. BTW where did you find the hotel on the Hubli Ankola route?

Also people have reported that the devangere C'durga route is much better and in fact ready for tolling. Is the Ranebennur bypass is complete? Your estimate of another year for completion is Bad news.
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:08   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Great travelogue and pics. I have done this same route many times in the last 5 years and your TL made me see this "mundane" trip in a new light.
Thank you for the kind comments! Do you travel to Bangalore often?

Quote:
BTW where did you find the hotel on the Hubli Ankola route?
You mean the Yellapur hotel? This is roughly about an hour or so from Hubli. I didn't note the distance, but Google maps shows it at 68 kms. Coming from Goa it would be on your right. It is 65 kms from Karwar according to Google maps.

Quote:
Also people have reported that the devangere C'durga route is much better and in fact ready for tolling. Is the Ranebennur bypass is complete? Your estimate of another year for completion is Bad news.
C'Durga - D'vgere (which is about 65 kms) maybe mostly complete, because I did not exactly note the location where the work starts. But not after that, I've shown in the pics that there is major work going on. There are bridges under construction and there are deviations at those points.

While returning I very definitely recall that at DVGere the highway was not complete. Last time I came to DVGere was in 2006 on work, and it is the same now as it was then! So I'm saying 1 year going by track record

But it's only this part, the rest of the whole route, Madgaon to Nelamangala, is fine.

The elevated highway from Nelamangala to Yeshwanthpur is almost complete. Till that is opened, if you're coming to Bangalore, and your destination is North or East Bangalore, I recommend you take the Dobbspet to Doddaballapur bye pass. Then Doddaballapur to Yelahanka, cross the BIAL (new airport) road, go into Bagalur road, Hennur Road and join the ring road at Hennur junction. Let me know if you want more details on that.

Once the elevated highway is complete, I suppose you can directly enter through Nelamangala, it should okay then.

Cheers!

Last edited by Damu : 23rd July 2010 at 08:09. Reason: Spelling error! :(
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Yes i meant the Yellapur one. I have travelled bangalore Goa many times since 2001 and taken all routes to that place. see "bangalore Goa what route" on travel and route queries on team bhp.

I generally stop for fish fry and rice plate for lunch on my way to Goa as I leave Bangy early and am here for lunch.Bangalore Goa via Hubli, Ankola.-cimg0852.jpg

On goa bangy route i stop here for breakfast. it is like 200 km from vasco.
Old 24th July 2010, 13:21   #42

Excellent posting! Thanks

This is an excellent and informative post. Great description, great photos.

Swaroop
Old 24th July 2010, 18:44   #43
BHPian

Quote:
...I generally stop for fish fry and rice plate for lunch on my way to Goa as I leave Bangy early and am here for lunch.
On goa bangy route i stop here for breakfast. it is like 200 km from vasco.
Looks yummy good! What's a "rice plate"? And what do you get for breakfast?

My wife is veg, do they have veg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrpxz View Post
This is an excellent and informative post. Great description, great photos.Swaroop
Swaroop, thanks for the comments!
Old 25th July 2010, 13:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Looks yummy good! What's a "rice plate"? Rice plate has rice (duh), dal, pickle and vegetable. if u want fish fry it is extra, it is quite yum. And what do you get for breakfast? Omlette and bread

My wife is veg, do they have veg? Yes

Swaroop, thanks for the comments!
My comments in Bold. But being close to Goa, vegetarians get a raw deal.
Old 4th November 2010, 16:14   #45
BHPian

Hey Damu!

I chanced on your travelogue while searching for a good Bangalore-Goa route. Extremely well written and interesting :-).

We plan to do a trip next week to Goa by car and will probably do the same route as you guys did.

- Y

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks