Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2012, 17:21   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore Goa via Hubli, Ankola.

Lovely pics and great travelogue's Damu, each one better than the next ! We too make it to Goa (North) every year for a holiday but lately all the times it has been by train, don't know if an Omni will be comfortable enough to travel in for such a long distance as it has only very basic and spartan comforts, safety is a serious issue too. I have a close friend in Calangute whose car I borrow to get around Goa, so never seriously considered a drive !
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 18:46   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I along with 2 of my friends are planning to do the Bangalore-Goa trip in 1 day on 2 bikes. ..Can anyone suggest the best possible route for us considering less distance and good road conditions which we can cover in the whole day and reach by 6 pm? Also some decent cheap accomodation option suggestions in Panjim would be very helpful for me.
Hi Ashis89,

As your query concerns biking to Panjim, I suggest you post this query in the "Bangalore Goa Which Route" thread in "Route / Travel Queries". You would get more appropriate advice there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Lovely pics and great travelogue's Damu, each one better than the next ! We too make it to Goa (North) every year for a holiday but lately all the times it has been by train, don't know if an Omni will be comfortable enough to travel in for such a long distance as it has only very basic and spartan comforts, safety is a serious issue too.
Thanks Kannan! Maybe you're right about the Omni from a safety aspect, given the heavy truck traffic I guess that would be a worry.
Old 1st January 2013, 23:23   #123
BHPian

Hi guys,

Here's a quick update on the Bangalore-Hubli-Ankola-Goa route. As reported on the Mumbai-Bangalore route forum there are a few diversions on NH4 as work continues on overpasses which will make the road better and safer.

Hit the flyover at Yeshwantpur at 6am and was eating prawns in Colva by 3pm including 1 breakfast halt and a 10 minute halt after finding friends driving Bangalore-Mumbai just before Hubli turnoff.

Hubli-Karwar road is one of the best State Highways I've ever seen. Speeds between 90-110 can be SAFELY maintained. The roughest patch on the road will simply increase road noise. The ghats sections are beautifully smooth and were a pleasure in my Swift Zdi. I was contemplating returning to Bombay via Hubli just to drive this section again! A MUST DRIVE for any enthusiastic drivers. Note that there are a few signs for speedbreakers that don't exist anymore before some that do exist. Don't be fooled into false sense of security, you will end up flying over a speedbreaker soon enough! Traffic at mid-day was light.

Karwar-Goa is in good shape as well with some really nice curvy bits and plenty of elevation changes. Good brakes/tyres are recommended because then one can have lots of fun! Same goes for Hubli-Karwar. Bangalore-Hubli is just NH4 so high speeds with not much driver involvement.

Trip time 9 hrs 15 mins (Mekri Circle, BLR to Papa Joe's Restaurant, Colva). FE as per MID - 22.3 km/l. Facial expression:
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:38   #124
BHPian

Hi, I'm planning to travel from Bangalore to Hubli. Can you please let me know how long (time) this might take? Thanks!
Old 24th September 2015, 17:39   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Hi, I'm planning to travel from Bangalore to Hubli. Can you please let me know how long (time) this might take? Thanks!
The entire stretch between Bangalore to Hubli is in good shape. With couple of breaks it might take about 6 to 7 hours to reach Hubli from GoraguntePalya Signal.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks