Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:34   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Amazing LDL. Very nice pics and good details. Love the way the story is unfolding. Subscribing to the thread and 5 stars to you as a token of appreciation.

I still remember some years ago how nervous I was and how much of convincing I needed to all my people and to myself to do a 200km drive. Never regretted that decision

HVK is surely impressing everyone into long drives. Such an influence
@HVK sirji - salutations.
Thanks laluks for comments and favors.

And that decision of yours for doing that 200 kms drive has led to several Swifting and Civiking drives . You know when reading your TLs, I have even shared at home about your beautiful SLR pics of those flowers and your powerpuf daughters, and how much you enjoy your trips as a family, and your practice of taking a plant home whenever you get the opportunity!
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:04   #47
BHPian

To get back to the story..

Day 2 continues..

We have planned lunch break of 30-40 min at Katni. But, that SH took us to Katni bypass on NH7. So going inside city for lunch, leaving that beautiful bypass? Oh no, not possible for 'futile desires'. So we continued on Katni BP which is far away from city and is devoid of any facility, but road is butter smooth. I told co-passengers, we'll stop on first 'decent' roadside dhaba. To be frank, I personally like dhabas more then the AC restaurants! So at 12.40 pm, we stopped at a good looking typical dhaba, after 4 kms from Katni BP toll booth on our right side.

This was a much deserved break, as we haven't had proper BF. Had normal dal fry and local dry veg with roties. More then eating, our daughter uses these breaks for playing and getting active in open. After lunch or dinner, I also take strong tea to keep away laziness, I even took a 5 min nap before having tea. There was a big, old Tree under whose shade we enjoyed tea. Fortunately, that tree was to be worshiped on that day for some annual auspicious ritual, practiced in our native place (western UP), and my wife was cursing our dates that she'll miss that pooja due o being in journey. So even she had the opportunity to at least offer her prayer there! I also open hood of the Tigress during long breaks, so that it cools off faster.

At this break, we folded our middle seat, adjusted small luggage items that were inside, got bed done properly with cushions, as I knew it was going to be a long day, infact late night, to reach the destination.

The break took longer (90 mins) then planned. We started at 2.10 pm.

Now pics from lunch break.
Attached Thumbnails
We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04842.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04849.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04857.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04866.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04876.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2010, 19:29   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
You can read about our drive on the Chhatarpur-Panna-Amanganj-Katni road in the following threads:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1697490-post51.html

Back in December 2007, we crossed the same way, and took a photo of the same pit
We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-route-1k100.jpg

- and here's a pic of how the road looked that time.
We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-routek100.jpg

Oh... and LDL, what's with the bonnet being open? Any issues with the car?

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 3rd July 2010 at 19:31.
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:34   #49
BHPian

After lunch break, wife and daughter were well settled in their new 'bedroom on the move', and I opushed the Tigress on NH7, Jabalpur bypas came at 3.30 pm, crossed Narmada bridge at Jbl'pur at 3.50, and finally stopped at Seoni just before bypass at a very nice Motel called Central Point. I have 'discovered' it during my recent trip to Adilabad. It is on 4 lane NH7 on right side when going from Jbl'pur side to Nagpur-Hyd side, just 500-700 mtrs before Seoni bypass starts. After this Motel a huge signboard comes up at NH7 (pl see pics).

There is a small signboard saying Motel on left. They also have excellent AC rooms for Rs. 775 Rs only and a Restaurant. I have stayed there earlier. There is good lawn and 'jhoolas' for kids. So an excellent setting for a perfect break for us as also to kids. It took 45 mins to leave that lovely place in evening. Having coffee in thier lawns with pleasing breeze was refreshing.

PS. I have contact numbers of that place. It could be a very convenient place for a night halt on NH 7 when going from Varansi/Allahabad/Lko side to Hyd or further on NH7. Will dig out their card and post here.

Here are the pics from that break:
Attached Thumbnails
We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04879.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04881.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04886.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04888.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04889.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc04892.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc00245.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc00246.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc00257.jpg  

We dreamt it, we did it - Our 20 days family road trip to South in Black Tigress-dsc00261.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2010, 19:37   #50
MX6
Senior - BHPian

In photo 00261, what exactly came to your mind when you saw Kanyakumari - 1775 kms?
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:40   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Back in December 2007, we crossed the same way, and took a photo of the same pit
Attachment 379708

- and here's a pic of how the road looked that time.
Attachment 379709

Oh... and LDL, what's with the bonnet being open? Any issues with the car?

No issues with the car. Just opened in trucker's style to let it cool fast, so as to make it hot faster again!

Yes, MP roads have been known to be terrible in past.
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:43   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
In photo 00261, what exactly came to your mind when you saw Kanyakumari - 1775 kms?

Excitement, excitement and excitement only! For all those kms left for driving! Believe me, speaking truly, and even more excited was our son, reading all those signages. He deserves a good note, deserves a full post, will write separately, he's been a great help to me in several respects!
Old 3rd July 2010, 20:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

I really love food from dhabas when I travel and love the feel of the charpai. Lovely pics to remind of realities.

By the way, the place you halted seems excellent. Do share the details, fares etc.

Keep posting..
Old 3rd July 2010, 20:52   #54
Team-BHP Support

That motel surely looks very good! With rooms for nominal prices, it would be a steal.
Also the surrounding looks very nice and a neat garden.
Old 4th July 2010, 13:05   #55
Senior - BHPian

A great start to your story, brother! The pics are very nice and I am sure its going to get more interesting.

I appreciate your keen interest in driving and the boldness you showed in going on a family trip without any hotel reservations. We too do the same. I don't think I have ever reserved a hotel in advance, all my life!

I am eagerly waiting for the remaining parts of your trip.

For the sheer effort you put in to make this journey a pleasurable and comfortable one for your family, you deserve 5 stars from my side! Keep going!
Old 4th July 2010, 13:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
stopped at Seoni just before bypass at a very nice Motel called Central Point. I have 'discovered' it during my recent trip to Adilabad. It is on 4 lane NH7 on right side when going from Jbl'pur side to Nagpur-Hyd side, just 500-700 mtrs before Seoni bypass starts. After this Motel a huge signboard comes up at NH7 (pl see pics).

There is a small signboard saying Motel on left. They also have excellent AC rooms for Rs. 775 Rs only and a Restaurant. I have stayed there earlier. There is good lawn and 'jhoolas' for kids. So an excellent setting for a perfect break for us as also to kids. It took 45 mins to leave that lovely place in evening. Having coffee in thier lawns with pleasing breeze was refreshing.
It could be a very convenient place for a night halt on NH 7 when going from Varansi/Allahabad/Lko side to Hyd or further on NH7
LDL had given me the contact inf of the Seoni ByPass motel that he discovered and stayed at/reviewed. Here it is:

Motel Centre Point, Just before Seoni Bypass starts (from Jabalpur side), 07692-294555, 09424364655
Old 4th July 2010, 18:00   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
A great start to your story, brother! The pics are very nice and I am sure its going to get more interesting.

I appreciate your keen interest in driving and the boldness you showed in going on a family trip without any hotel reservations. We too do the same. I don't think I have ever reserved a hotel in advance, all my life!

I am eagerly waiting for the remaining parts of your trip.

For the sheer effort you put in to make this journey a pleasurable and comfortable one for your family, you deserve 5 stars from my side! Keep going!
Thanks friend for appreciating.

You know what! I deliberately clicked some cloud shots keeping in mind your keen interest in clouds (C_L also translate into Clouds Lover, off course, in addition to Chevy_Lover!!).

But then our photos are taken in as much hurry without giving any time for composition as we were on the move most of the time. Some shots were taken from moving vehicle even!
Old 4th July 2010, 18:49   #58
BHPian

Back to story..

Day 2 continuing..

We departed at 6.20pm from Seoni Motel after coffee break. Day's target, Adilabad, was still approx 340 kms away! Major part of remaining NH7 route was 4lane, but there was 2lane Seoni forest ghat section left after Seoni bypass, then quite a lot diversions/oneway traffic before Nagpur, Kampty and Nagpur cities were to be passed through the city, and again lot of diversions approx 100 kms after Nagpur from Pandhakwada (spelling?), till Adilabad. I was aware of all these as had been to this route only previous month.

So speed was to be maintained, but, thankfully, we could pass through Seoni forest ghat section in day light. I like such stretches, showed the family how beautiful and important those natural forest habitats were. I passed through that area around 60-80 kmph only as we kept talking about it. Kids also got some practical education about it.

An interesting incident at Nagpur!

Nagpur, we entered at 8.40pm. It was peak city traffic, though all through after crossing Kampty, roads are 4lane in Nagpur city, and NH7 passes through the city straight (HVK sir gave all this info to me for my previous Adilabad trip).

We were going smoothly through the city, at a Red light signal, one lorry was crossing infront of me, at the time signal was just turning into yellow from green. As we were also in hurry, I kept close to it and crossed behind it, but, as it'd be, when I was actually crossing, signal turned into red! But there was no way to stop, so I even moved faster and closer to lorry, I have seen two traffic police constables on side, precisely for catching people like me!, One of them moved fast inside the road to stop me, I kept it closest possible to the lorry, and didn't stop! What else to do! Stopping means, seeing a UP registration black safari, they could have framed me for what not! Sply when I have actually offended law in strict sense.

My son seeing behind said, 'I think they'll be chasing us on bike, as they ran towards bike'. I told son to keep watching, but there is no way now, except to flee from here! Amidst heavy city traffic, I kept the vehicle in middle thick of the traffic on next few signals. After 3-4 signals, I was relieved that they wont come this far, but, another worry was, they transpiring this info on walki-talkie to their next team and we being stopped. But, I have seen that they were just constable, not a full-fledged traffic police team. But, they surely must have tried to catch us on next signal which came just after 1-1.5 kms. And that again was on same position! just turning into yellow infront of me, so, I crossed it too, to be on safe side. But, I crossed those signals, before the other side traffic could start! So, though, it was an offense, but, no safety issue could come into picture.

Finally, once out of the city on beautiful 4lane open stretch, we stopped on a fuel bunk for much needed toilet break at 9.30pm. I also washed my face, got fresh for tough last leg of the day, and started at 9.50 pm.

Nagpur - Adilabad is also approx 190 kms with half of the route having diversions and bad roads! So, at one point of time, thought of changing the plan and staying at Nagpur also came to mind, but, decided to go for the original plan, as finding hotel in Nagpur city at that time could be a problem for us, as parking such a big car in middle of the city is a problem. And then, if we dont follow schedule, completing this trip was not possible. Also I was less worried about the family as they had sleeping arrangements.

First half of the 4-lane stretch passed in a flash, but later stretch really took time, but, I kept going and going amidst broken roads and deserted terrain! All co-passengers were sleeping, occasionally, wife will ask, how much is left, everything is fine na, you are ok! like that.

Finally, we reached Adilabad Hotel at 1.10 am. I have already called Hotel in evening as I have stayed there earlier. Everyone tired, we had biscuits, snacks, juices and went to bed at around 2 am.

No pics from this part.

Day 3 with pics coming up next..

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 4th July 2010 at 18:52.
Old 4th July 2010, 19:10   #59
Senior - BHPian

Not an advisable thing to do, what you did at the signals. Must be careful next time. At the most it would save you 5 mins.

Anyways, you are not a thief unless you are caught.

No pics???

Last edited by TaureanBull : 4th July 2010 at 19:12.
Old 4th July 2010, 19:19   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Not an advisable thing to do, what you did at the signals. Must be careful next time. At the most it would save you 5 mins.
Anyways, you are not a thief unless you are caught.

No pics???
Yes, I know, not advisable, and I am not the kind who do this. As I wrote above, it wasn't planned, actually, when I followed the other lorry infront of me, it looked like we both wil cross before it turning red! But,the lorry moved very slowly, and it turned red. Stopping in the middle was more dangerous, then crossing! As we were almost passed it, but, as I said, in strict sense, it was offense, otherwise, everything was safe.

It was different from jumping a signal when it is already turned red! There was this subtle difference. I think i clarified it .

Pics coming up from next day..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks