Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What do I wish for you Sam & Jenny?
Congratulations on your wedding and every happiness! 371 63.97%
A long happy life together! 497 85.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2010, 10:14   #91
Senior - BHPian

@NC,

arey bhai,
shaadi ke laddu khane se phursat nikalkar do-chaar pics post kar dena!!!

Please post some pics.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 28th August 2010 at 10:16.
Old 28th August 2010, 11:34   #92
BHPian

Hi Sam and Jenny,

Wish you both a blessed and happy married journey.

Best Wishes
Old 28th August 2010, 21:00   #93
BHPian

And D-day has arrived. Normally_Crazy, please, please, please post a pic of The Yeti® in his wedding splendor fast. Can't wait for The Yeti® to take the time to do it.
Old 28th August 2010, 21:20   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I am positive that its comprehensive. This is told by the franchise owner of Avis from where i regularly do car rentals. As per him AX covers everything which includes - LDW (Loss Damage Waiver), Third Party and Personal. I didn't ask him how much amount is covered, but the next time i go, i will definitely ask him. I will also ask about what MC and Visa covers.

This is in USA(CA) only. I have no idea about other countries or for that matter even other states. May be member living in other states can opine.
I guess a separate thread is required for this topic. Mods - please merge where appropriate...

To my knowledge,
1. AMEX,MC,VISA (not sure about discover) - provide Collision cover (your mistake, your car damage) for the rental vehicle, subject to conditions outlined in the card holder's agreement. This is the LDW/CDW component offered by rental companies. This does not cover the loss of business if your damaged rental spends a few days in the garage getting repaired. The rental company charges you for revenue loss.

2. Personal vehicle insurance : Only the liability component is independent of the vehicle you are driving. It is based on your driving history, age and other parameters. This liability component is the Primary Liability Insurance (PLI) and is the only insurance component mandated by law. This component covers any car you drive, irrespective of price/ownership. What rental companies offer by means of Liability is the SLI (Supplementary Liability Insurance) of typically 100K. This kicks in only after the PLI does not cover expenses.

3. I have heard mixed information related to rental LDW cover through personal insurance. Collision cover is greatly dependent on car value/type amongst other factors and is typically the higher line item in your annual premium. A lot of drivers balance this against the car value (low if it's a used car) and decline this coverage. Assuming you have collision cover on your 10 yr old sedan, and your premium is calculated based on this information - how would that protect you if you rent a current convertible?

4. AMEX has a premium insurance cover which covers LDW of a higher value. I believe its about 20 USD for upto 15 days cover of 75K. Enrolment is free and one only needs to swipe the enrolled card during rental to get this cover.

please correct any misunderstanding on my part...
Old 29th August 2010, 18:50   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
To my knowledge,
1. AMEX,MC,VISA
2. Personal vehicle
3. I have heard mixed information
4. AMEX has a premium

please correct any misunderstanding on my part...
That made for an interesting reading. Sorry but i haven't quoted everything since I didn't have so much info about this to discuss. I just wrote what i was told. I will sure get some more info the next time i visit some rental agency.

Till then, i will go by your knowledge.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The Laguna is one of Renaults follys. Previous one looked good but was problematic. This one is boring. By the way, that key has a high failure rate
I don't know about the Laguna's reliability, but I liked the previous gen Laguna. Always wanted to rent one, but never did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
And now we're at Le Mans.
Sam, I wish you had posted a few more photos from Le Mans. I spend 2 years there and I love the place.

Quote:
So. Right street, right house, wrong city. We laugh about it a lot. OK I laugh about it a little.
Happened to us once. Then we learned that it is always better to enter the PIN Code of the destination city in the navigator, and not the name.
Old 1st September 2010, 19:26   #97
BHPian

Talk about going for honeymoon and getting married there. Nice story and great pics.
Old 7th September 2010, 00:50   #98
Senior - BHPian

Hello people,

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL absolutely DIVINE. For the pictures I need to take permission from the Yeti, but he is on honeymoon (earlier he was always on vacation, these days ever on honeymoon )

Anyways me in Geneve now - leaving for Paris tomorrow.

Till then enjoy - I will be back on the 15th.
Old 7th September 2010, 01:07   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hey NC, thanks for the news bro. We wish Yeti and the One a lovely life together. God bless them both and may they have a happy and content life together.
Old 7th September 2010, 01:30   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the news, n_c

I'm sure they're having a wonderful time.

Enjoy your travels!
Old 10th September 2010, 20:31   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Greetings fello BHPians. Yes, the reason for my silence was apparent, yet another long holiday with Jenny, this time a beautiful honeymoon.

Big travel, many countries and believe it or not, thousands of kilometres by road. This is going to be the travelogue you will love. Just a couple of days before I begin, thanks for your patience.

And yes, thanks for your good wishes. The wedding was indeed stuff dreams are made of.
Old 10th September 2010, 21:54   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is going to be the travelogue you will love. Just a couple of days before I begin, thanks for your patience.

@sam,
Good wishes for your married life!!!

And yes, we are waiting.
Old 10th September 2010, 23:52   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome back, Mr and Mrs Yeti
Old 12th September 2010, 18:36   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

The story continues

The days in Germany are passing sooner than anyone can imagine. Most of them gone in the preparations for the wedding.

Sometimes it's the flowers and sometimes the photos and sometimes the food and restaurant.

We need transport.

The Renault Laguna has been returned to Sixt in France, we do not have a car in Germany. Jenny's younger brother comes to our rescue and offers us his old Opel Astra.

An Opel Astra? Some of you may smile, but consider that we needed a car for almost 4 weeks! Of course to do the running around for the wedding, but then to take my giant driving tour of Europe.

Were we going to take a giant driving tour of Europe? To be honest, we had not discussed the honeymoon much at all. We wanted a freestyle, unplanned honeymoon. Also almost all our time and energy was spent discussing the fine points of the wedding.

Bad Nauheim itself was fairly summery (hot sun and 25 degrees) on some days like this:
YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_7868_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_7869_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_7870_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_7878_l.jpg

YetiBlog® - Of weddings and drivings.(France, Germany, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia)-dsc_7880_l.jpg

On some days, it would get cold and rainy and drop to 12 and below. I was sending weather reports to all the guests expected from India. Very excited about everything.

The first real day of driving outside Bad Nauheim happened a few days before the wedding.
It was a hot sunny day and we drove from Bad Nauheim to Dieburg, from there to Kaiserslautern and back.

Name:  Screen shot 20100912 at 3.01.18 PM.png
Views: 3585
Size:  605.0 KB

We were busy all day and I did most of the driving. Didn't event realise we had done about 400kms that day when we returned to Bad Nauheim.

I had started driving in the town and city by myself. I would take the Astra and run errands, find parking, drive to Frankfurt often and pick people up. Often with no help from Jenny.

I was preparing myself for the days to come.

Almost everytime we went somewhere I would insist on driving, I wanted to clock up as much experience as I could.

New signs, new rules, new ways to drive. Already I had become quite comfortable controlling the steering wheel with my left hand and my right hand resting on the gear shaft.

The old Opel Astra was a good reliable lady. The car did 160kmph easily on the Autobahn (which is not terribly quick by German standards) but was quick enough to cover all those kms without fatigue.

Plus it had a nice JBL sound system
Old 12th September 2010, 18:41   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

And so begins the travelogue

With this post I am going to skip/fast forward the entire beautiful turns of events that took place leading to our wedding.

I know many of you will be disappointed on not being able to see the images and goings-on of our wedding, especially considering how many of you have wished us well and followed our love story over the years!

However Mrs. Kapasi has requested that I not publish facts and photos of the wedding here, as they are not only visible to you, but also to non-members. Those that are connected to us on Facebook of course can see the photos quite easily

I ask you for your understanding.

And so begins, or rather continues my travelogue.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks