Senior - BHPian

Ajay, Rudra Da, Navin

A lot of good things being spoken.

Equally good as the pictures..

Enjoying this thread a lot.

Keep it flowing
Old 10th September 2010, 23:44   #167
BHPian

Its been quite some time since I have been so captivated by a thread here. This is absolutely beautiful stuff.

Mere mortals like us find it hard to just get the mind and body to work in harsh climatic conditions at such altitudes. Managing shots like these on top of it, is absolutely awesome.

Hats off to both of you!
Old 11th September 2010, 12:13   #168
BANNED

Rudra,ajay

Splendid ! Super pics ,I liked the pics in post 52 and 56 especially

OT - Can you let me know the Difference between 1D markII and III?
Old 11th September 2010, 14:07   #169

You both have shown us the real way to see The Ladakh. Touch of class in every pixel ... Sir Rudra and Sir Ajay. Thanks for taking us along on this unique sojourn.
Old 11th September 2010, 18:10   #170
Team-BHP Support

After leaving Nubra for Leh, weather started to get bad. Not bad enough to stop shooting but we felt weather up there on K Top could really spoil our shoot. Well, nothing much one could think about. We didn't shoot any while going to Nubra. This well could mean that we were to leave Leh without any shots taken from that altitude.

Few km before Khardungla village. Ajay Narayan's shot with 1Ds Mark III.

Images from above 10000 feet.-bkhardungla.jpg

Rain started 5 km before North Pullu. Then it was snowfall. Only hope was the distant sky. It was blue. But weather started deteriorating rapidly..

2 hours of waiting at North Pullu. Only to see the sky is getting flatter and flatter. Just how flat was the light? See this clip to realise. Little bit of patch light here and there was the only hope. This, essentially meant that upper cloud layer wasn't so thick everywhere.

Flat light. Bad light. No tonal definition. As we were heading to K Top.

Old 11th September 2010, 19:10   #171
Team-BHP Support

Each and every photo is a wallpaper material, have never seen better photos of this place so far, period.
Old 11th September 2010, 19:58   #172
Team-BHP Support

God cannot be so cruel! He cannot punish us just like that! We haven't done such wrong things in our life! Oh almighty please give us some light. We don't want much light.. just give us a little...

And he gave. Shot with 1Ds Mark II.

Images from above 10000 feet.-rsk1.jpg

Ajay Narayan's shot with 1Ds Mark III.

Images from above 10000 feet.-ktop.jpg

And he gave more. Just as I wanted. Shot with 1Ds Mark II.

Images from above 10000 feet.-rsk2.jpg

After five years of ownership of this camera, it still blows me away with its amazing tonal range. Shot with 1Ds Mark II.

Images from above 10000 feet.-rsk3.jpg

And yes!! Time to plan for some black and white. Shot with 1Ds Mark II.

Images from above 10000 feet.-rsk4.jpg

Images from above 10000 feet.-rsk5.jpg

Images from above 10000 feet.-rsk6.jpg

Ajay started taking shots from the point where snowline blends with Ladakh's trademark Burnt Sienna colour. Ajay Narayan's shot with 1Ds Mark III.

Images from above 10000 feet.-ajk2.jpg

Images from above 10000 feet.-ajk3.jpg

Images from above 10000 feet.-ajk4.jpg
Old 12th September 2010, 08:20   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

See, no comments for the last 12 hours!

Why? Quite simply we have run outta adjectives Rudraji, Ajayji !! Words can't describe what these 'photographs' do to you when you look at them.

Mesmerizing!!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 12th September 2010 at 08:29.
Old 12th September 2010, 19:57   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
See, no comments for the last 12 hours!

Why? Quite simply we have run outta adjectives Rudraji, Ajayji !! Words can't describe what these 'photographs' do to you when you look at them.
Mesmerizing!!
I am not a regular visiter to this Forum for simple reason that most of the time I am travelling, planning for the next travel or just tying up the loose threads while I am at home in Zurich.

However, everytime I visit this Forum, I come across an emerging India that is ready to take a global jump and does a lot towards it too.

A key element of this Travelogue is also a table where critics, ideas and queries are put forward for an exchange of views however small or big they maybe. After all, we all are learning...

For those members who are in Bangalore, there is an opportunity here to get hold of Rudra for more out of the techniques used here. For others outside Bangalore, this travelogue can be used to seek ways to improve your own persuit of image making. That will also also give us two an opportunity to learn more from you all.

I agree that this is a Forum which is Automotive related and rightly so. However, there is always a chance to see thru more when one gets an opportunity.

Rudra and I will be at any time more than happy to reply your queries or accept an idea which we may not have come across yet.....after all we all are learning...!!

Many regards from Zurich. Ajay
Old 12th September 2010, 20:54   #175
Joy
BHPian

@Ajay Narayan, Rudra: There are so many threads in TBHP regarding queries on everything (well almost). Why don't you people start a thread where we, the lesser mortals, can post queries relating to photography? It will help each and every member of this community when we have some queries that will be answered by the maestros.

I haven't seen many professional photographers portfolio but IMHO you people are among the best.

Thanks for all your effort.
Old 13th September 2010, 00:23   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
@Ajay Narayan, Rudra: There are so many threads in TBHP regarding queries on everything (well almost). Why don't you people start a thread where we, the lesser mortals, can post queries relating to photography? It will help each and every member of this community when we have some queries that will be answered by the maestros.

I haven't seen many professional photographers portfolio but IMHO you people are among the best.

Thanks for all your effort.
Joy,
This is truly a very good question from you and my sincere thanks for placing it here. It gave me to think for a while.

When I wrote previous comments, I was limiting myself to this particular thread. If you read my comments again, you will see what I mean. The purpose was to give an insight to images that one sees in this travelogue. This question has already been raised in the eariler part of this travelogue by a member. I am refering to the learning curve out of 'this' travelogue.

With my 45 posts till now, I won't open a Photography thread and maintain it. I better say it now rather than commit to it and later not be able to maintain it. That's not how I work.

However, my sincere suggestion to you and others will be to look some top 'dedicated' Forums in pure Photography on the Web. You can visit them and I am sure that you will also find replies to most of your questions. Goto libraries and look at books. Generally, you will find enough Exif info to study them and try them out yourselves.

See, the 'effort' must come from your side. The difference is that I am not talking about a 'Reference Book' where you flip the page to find an answer. What I am talking about is to study these images and place queries which can be replied to clear your doubts. Again, earlier in this Travelogue, a member asked about how we took picture with only the middle woman in focus. That's what I am refering to....

Lastly, Photography is a vast and creative subject with best of the photographers spending their lifetime in it. To open a thread and find all answers therein is something I cannot imagine.

I am very happy that you placed this question.
Many regards. Ajay
Ajay Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2010, 09:33   #177
BHPian

I continue to be amazed at the pics in this thread!! very profesional photgraphy indeed.
Old 13th September 2010, 15:38   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay Narayan View Post
On the other hand, Ladakh depends solely on tourism and a little bit more effort from everybody would enhance the tourism level to a more acceptable one.

However, I would resist getting into the discussion of Indian Tourism in this thread. That's not why we went there for....see !!
Quote:
I agree that this is a Forum which is Automotive related and rightly so. However, there is always a chance to see thru more when one gets an opportunity.

Rudra and I will be at any time more than happy to reply your queries or accept an idea which we may not have come across yet.....after all we all are learning...!!
Hi Ajay,

I'm relatively new to this forum. I along with hundreds of others admire and salute your effort to showcase your travelogue in the process inspiring many on the path of wanderlust.

Showcasing your effort on a larger canvas would also achieve the noble objective of putting the cash strapped region that Ladakh is on the global tourist map and you would be doing them a yeoman service in my humble opinion.
Old 13th September 2010, 16:45   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrajesh View Post
Hi Ajay,

I'm relatively new to this forum. I along with hundreds of others admire and salute your effort to showcase your travelogue in the process inspiring many on the path of wanderlust.

Showcasing your effort on a larger canvas would also achieve the noble objective of putting the cash strapped region that Ladakh is on the global tourist map and you would be doing them a yeoman service in my humble opinion.
Hi Rajesh
I guess you are Capt. Rajesh. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

I fully agree with your thoughts. Threads like this and many more on Ladakh in this forum has inspired other members towards Ladakh. That brings some relief (however little) to people living there. I am personally thankful to all these threads where so many members have taken pain and come forward to inspire others or just clear doubts by giving useful info.

But that's not only what you meant. Yes, both me and Rudra are aware of this fact. We are looking at the big picture as well. Infact, that's why I have been to this region 3 times and intend doing next year as well. Rudra has also taken out time from his so busy schedule to visit this region and now spending so much of his time to process the images and upload them here.

There is an active thought between us and before we both know for sure, it would be too early to mention it.

Generally, my trips to India are planned one year in advance and am currently working on already covered sectors of this region and what is left to cover. But besides the tracks as I call them, there are so many other aspects like flora and fauna, social life to name a few. It's lot of planning work, segmenting, sorting out your thought, seeing big picture and building a work process. The end result of this years trip is being presented here. I think between both of us, we have over 1500 exposures from this trip. Not all can be presented here. I mean just to sort them out is a huge process. So there is a great deal of back-office work behind this thread.

Issues like this bring lots of richness not only to these threads but also to our own perspective towards life.

Many regards. Ajay
Ajay Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2010, 17:40   #180
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
However, my sincere suggestion to you and others will be to look some top 'dedicated' Forums in pure Photography on the Web. You can visit them and I am sure that you will also find replies to most of your questions. Goto libraries and look at books. Generally, you will find enough Exif info to study them and try them out yourselves.

Lastly, Photography is a vast and creative subject with best of the photographers spending their lifetime in it. To open a thread and find all answers therein is something I cannot imagine.

I am very happy that you placed this question.
Many regards. Ajay
Could you please mention some top dedicated forums in pure photography?

I complete agree with you that photography is a vast subject and it needs practice from our end. But when in doubt (not necessarily photos from this thread), it can be much easier for us to get our doubts cleared from maestros like you & Rudra.

Anyway, appreciate your efforts and thoughts.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks