Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2010, 22:19   #76
BHPian

Eye of the Tiger

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger.........

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-eye-tiger-copy.jpg

Tigers are regarded as fiery predators, in fact they are, but whenever I look into their face innocence is the first word come into my mind.

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-stare-original.jpg

I took out the colours of the grass, leaving the predators face intact. This was an personal experiment to get a better visualization of the cub.

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-glow-up.jpg

Looks can kill; the cold stare! This cub have learned perfectly to show his (I guess it's a male) supremacy.

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-his-majesty.jpg

Cheers!
Hriday
Old 25th September 2010, 22:59   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hridayjyoti View Post
Tigers are regarded as fiery predators, in fact they are, but whenever I look into their face innocence is the first word come into my mind.
hriday,
Very true. But you may have noticed the innocence in the eye is replaced by attitude, authority, ferocity, intimidation and that penetrating stare which freezes most right there. It is more pronounced in males and a nursing females.
This change takes place when the tiger reaches adolescence, to the dot.

I love this stare without a snarl, demonstrated by them and captured by me in 2007.
Regards,
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-bengal-hyd.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-eye-tiger.jpg

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 25th September 2010 at 23:03.
Old 26th September 2010, 00:19   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
hriday,
Very true. But you may have noticed the innocence in the eye is replaced by attitude, authority, ferocity, intimidation and that penetrating stare which freezes most right there. It is more pronounced in males and a nursing females.
This change takes place when the tiger reaches adolescence, to the dot.

I love this stare without a snarl, demonstrated by them and captured by me in 2007.
Regards,
Attachment 429791

Attachment 429792
Fazal sir,

So you want to say that innocence will be taken over as the cubs grows up. Might be the universal rule of survival "survival of the fittest" will make them into more aggressive, authoritative creature.
Old 26th September 2010, 03:11   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Tigers, I guess, are just cats. Don't you see the same expressions in the eyes of the cat on your sofa? If you were mouse-sized, that cat would be every bit as deadly.

Sometimes I fancy that, when I annoy her, my cat thinks, "If only I was bigger and more powerful than you". Of course, it is not just size, it is pecking order.

A domestic cat can certainly be very painful, but it is not likely to be deadly. A wild cat, even in play, can kill us tender things. Wasn't Joy Adamson killed by a friendly pat from a lion?
Old 27th September 2010, 18:30   #80
BHPian

Good news from Tadoba on International Tiger Day

Dear friends,
Digressing from our account a bit, let me bring you some great news on the ocassion of international tiger day today. I have just returned from Tadoba where I had been on an impromptu visit yesterday night. I had a great female friend as company for the drive. I attended a couple of meetings in Tadoba and went for a short drive in the park today morning.

Here's what I encountered.

This shows a very bright future for this park.

Dr. A Ghosh

pics shot with a mobile cam.
Attached Thumbnails
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-tigress.jpg  

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-tigress2.jpg  

Old 27th September 2010, 18:59   #81
BHPian

Abheek, these pics look a lot promising. This litter of cubs does ensure that there's a lot in store in Tadoba for the days to come. Abheek, eagerly awaiting for my much awaited Tadoba Trip. It's been on tenterhooks for long & I think it's high time to do it.

Amazing Pics Hriday & Fazal Saab. Why do I always change my wallpaper, whenever I visit this thread?
Old 27th September 2010, 23:54   #82
BHPian

I think the title is wrongly put Abheek, seeing your threads I am almost to believe that you can assure a tiger.

Lovely shots - yours, hriday's, and your friend's who was kind enough to share it. Did I miss anybody? Oh yes, Fazal I loved the close-up of the eyes.

And indeed a lovely picture on the International Tiger Day.
Old 28th September 2010, 08:34   #83
BHPian

Nice pics there again .."eye-tiger copy.jpg" is clicked beautifully
Old 28th September 2010, 09:21   #84
BANNED

Fantastic guys , I can't thank you more for the trip you did and the pics you have taken and cared to post here. It's treat for wildlife enthusiasts and makes me go green with envy.
In fact this is the first time I am hearing about Tadoba, and its awesome.
But one observation is that the tigers seem to be little undernourished, though I might be wrong. What's the prey density like in that preserve?
Old 28th September 2010, 09:33   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
This shows a very bright future for this park.
Thank you Dr. Our Salute to you for getting the hopes.

manju
Old 28th September 2010, 11:44   #86
BHPian

Thank you everybody

@traveloholic: you must plan your visit soon. fazal saab was planning to come to pench/tadoba shortly. you can plan with him.

@arindamray: I come across so many wild tigers only because i visit the parks so often.My visits & drives in the park are planned based on predator&prey movement &i also get super lucky at times.The regular ocassional jungle visitor may not have such sightings as i keep on posting here.

The wrong message that tiger sighting is easy should not be taken home.

Dr. A Ghosh
Old 28th September 2010, 12:05   #87
BHPian

Thanks Mohsin,Zaks&Manju.

@zaks: We are regularly posting these pics as we feel that we have a strong case of pushing the case of conservation& creating awareness for the tigers by posting on the popular forums here.

Dont go green with envy,rather turn green for the green cause

Tadoba &its biodiversity has been a hidden treasure so far. We are not overpopularising these destinations for them to turn into another kanha.

By the way in which photograph did the Tadoba Tiger appear skinny?

AG

Last edited by abheekg : 28th September 2010 at 12:12. Reason: apologies for posting back to back. My smartphone lets me punch in only a limited number of characters per post.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:25   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

OMG! Kittens!

Well, I don't know if that is an internet meme yet (like ponies) but after your wonderful pics of the youngster, it should be!

My wife pointed out how they are looking just like our cat: the way of holding the tails, of stretching the legs, but, as per my previous comment, I don't think I would like to try cuddling one, even at that age.

... of course, if mum was watching, I wouldn't expect to survive!
Old 29th September 2010, 16:15   #89
BHPian

Doc. lovely photos and the narration is awesome.

all the best. Cheers
Old 29th September 2010, 17:05   #90
Senior - BHPian

Wow! They are cute. Happy to see we are progressing on Tiger population. While I was in Bandipur, the forst department guys told me that about 40 tiger cubs were brought to India from Australia. And according to their sources, these cubs were send to Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve. Any idea?

And Tiger census in Bandipur is 100+ but they can be anywhere in Bandipur, Mudumalai, Wayanad sancturies. That makes spotting difficult as Kabini and Nagarhole also comes into picture.

Last edited by jacs : 29th September 2010 at 17:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks