Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 12:34   #16
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
All the watersports are mostly in North Goa. There is very little in South Goa. Go to South Goa if you want a non-crowded beach & relaxing vacation.
Thanks. That suits our plan. We are planning a couple of days in North Goa for all the activities and one secluded day in the South. We might have had to split the days if activities were similar.

And how much time in normal traffic conditions would it take to drive down to Colva from say Calangute in a car?
Old 21st October 2010, 12:54   #17
JLN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Thanks. That suits our plan. We are planning a couple of days in North Goa for all the activities and one secluded day in the South. We might have had to split the days if activities were similar.

And how much time in normal traffic conditions would it take to drive down to Colva from say Calangute in a car?
like carboy said, for watersports, north goa beaches are better. For a first timer start with Baga. Bogmalo (near the airport) is also an option. During peak season (Dec), you may find some options in the south goa beaches.

Calangute to Colva will take you 1-1.5 hrs by car.

If you are planning to spend around 4 days, the splitting idea will be great - 2/3 days in north goa for the avtice stuff and then 1/2 days in a nice resort in south goa for relaxing in a serene beach.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:56   #18
JLN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Isn't the reverse also true. i.e. if you stay in North Goa, you will need a car/taxi to go to the beaches in South Goa :-)

Since I have never stayed in North Goa (only went there from South Goa), I don't know the North Goa rates, but rates in South Goa aren't expensive.

I actually booked my rooms after reaching there so I spent a few hours searching for a room. I found good rooms at all ranges in South Goa. It isn't expensive at all - from 900 Rs. to 5000 Rs. There are probably cheaper ones also.
carboy - can you recommend 1/2 good places to stay in south goa that will be suitable for families. It will be useful for folks.
Old 21st October 2010, 13:20   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
carboy - can you recommend 1/2 good places to stay in south goa that will be suitable for families. It will be useful for folks.
Sorry, it's been a few years, so I don't remember any names at all.
Old 21st October 2010, 14:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
Longuinhos in Colva used to be a decent place Longuinhos Beach Resort Colva Goa,A Tartaruga Restaurant,Conference,Beach Resort goa,colva beach resort,Swimming pool,nearby airport,Deluxe Rooms balcony,Longuinhos bar and restaurant

You can also try nanu beach resort in Betalbatim

Deepak
Old 21st October 2010, 14:55   #21
BHPian

i'm not so sure but i do recall a Ruby beach resort from somewhere, never stayed there, supposed to be budget, (~500 non peak.) close to Vasco.
Old 21st October 2010, 15:33   #22
BHPian

I just happened to check with the few places for the accommodation and here are details for those interested.

Welcome to the gateway of great Memorable Holidays - TITO'S BEACH RETREAT, GOA (INDIA)
Old 21st October 2010, 15:38   #23
BHPian

I just happened to check the accommodation with few guys and here are the details for those interested:

Welcome to the gateway of great Memorable Holidays - TITO'S BEACH RETREAT, GOA (INDIA)
Cottage @ 2500 including breakfast

HotelColvaKinara | Online Room Reservation | Best Hotel in Colva beach - Goa
AC Room 3200 with Breakfast

:::Montego Beach Village >> Facilities :::
AC Room @2500 INR
Old 21st October 2010, 19:02   #24
JLN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I just happened to check the accommodation with few guys and here are the details for those interested:

Cottage @ 2500 including breakfast

HotelColvaKinara | Online Room Reservation | Best Hotel in Colva beach - Goa
AC Room 3200 with Breakfast

:::Montego Beach Village >> Facilities :::
AC Room @2500 INR
I would check for reviews on www.tripadvisor.com, or get some first hand feedback from someone. A number of resorts have a nice website, seem good, but the reality may be a little different.
Old 21st October 2010, 19:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Also check here - http://www.holidayiq.com/searchresor...s=-1&x=19&y=13
Old 21st October 2010, 19:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant thread my friend. I think you should request the mods to keep updating your 1st post as and when you can add more information.

Quote:
6) If you have a fifth day – You probably know more about Goa than I do now – so you figure out your own thing.
Priceless .
Old 21st October 2010, 19:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Now this is interesting. Last year, I was planning a trip to Goa (around Christmas / new year) but could not find anything below 9k for a night (twin sharing). And these accomodations that I speak of were not "Starred" properties either.

I am guessing the tarrifs mentioned here (on this thread) are on a twin sharing basis.

And about a wonderful restaurant at Colva - its called "The Kentucky". Its right off the beach and serves some wonderful (sea) food. The crabs were particularly yummy. Although, avoid the "squid in black bean sauce" (YUKKKKKKKK).

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 21st October 2010 at 19:58.
Old 21st October 2010, 20:14   #28
JLN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Now this is interesting. Last year, I was planning a trip to Goa (around Christmas / new year) but could not find anything below 9k for a night (twin sharing). And these accomodations that I speak of were not "Starred" properties either.

I am guessing the tarrifs mentioned here (on this thread) are on a twin sharing basis.

And about a wonderful restaurant at Colva - its called "The Kentucky". Its right off the beach and serves some wonderful (sea) food. The crabs were particularly yummy. Although, avoid the "squid in black bean sauce" (YUKKKKKKKK).
If you are value seeking traveler, going to Goa between December 24 and Jan 2 is not a good idea - you will only find the kind of rates urbannomad has mentioned.

Best times to go to Goa if you are seeking outstanding value from the hotel:
1) Sep 15 to Sep 30. Monsoon is almost done, weather is OK, most hotels have off-peak rates available till Sep 30.
2) Oct 1 to Oct 30: Some hotels stretch their off-peak rates upto Oct 30.
3) Feb 15 to Mar 15: You can start seeing some good deals on the travel websites, though the hotels will claim to still have peak season rates.

By the way - during my recent trip to Goa (Sep 24-28), we just paid 700 bucks per night per room including taxes and breakfast for 2 adults and a child at a very decent place - Santana Beach Resort in Candolim, right on the main road. It still can't believe we got such a great rate (through Cleartrip) for this place.

Last edited by JLN : 21st October 2010 at 20:17.
Old 21st October 2010, 20:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

^^ Very rightly said. And funny that you bring this up now. I am planning a trip to Goa sometime in Feb mid (ish).
Old 21st October 2010, 21:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Normally, mid February is when the Goa Carnival kicks in, when rates are bound to go up during that period ! Although luckily for you, this year, the carnival dates are from 5th March to 8th March !

Last edited by kannan666 : 21st October 2010 at 21:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks