Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2011, 09:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa

Palolem is so beautiful, with shallow waters and so much eateries, and sea shell momentos.

Though the entire action happens at North Goa, South Goa has a charm of its own. Palolem and Varca beach being my personal favourites. The former for the vast expanse, crowd and eateries, and the latter for its calm private beach environments.
Old 30th January 2011, 10:42   #47
BHPian

Excellent pics, Chevy Lover. Loved the train pics especially.
Old 30th January 2011, 20:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: An incredible road trip to the ¡°Pearl of the Orient¡± ¨C Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjay_in View Post
Excellent pics, Chevy Lover. Loved the train pics especially.
Thank you, pjay. These pics are just the tip of the iceberg. I will be posting many more pics as the log progresses. I am sure you'll enjoy them. Stay tuned!

@avisidhu, thanks friend. We will try the jaggery factory next time!

@pjbiju, you'll surely love the drive through Gagan Bawda.
Old 31st January 2011, 14:41   #49
BHPian

Ah!! The Dynamic Duo are back . Saw the thread, but couldnt read as was busy, so subscribed and now read it so far in one go. Awesome pictures as usual. Waiting forward for the rest . Not many cloud pictures yet?
Old 31st January 2011, 16:10   #50
BHPian

Hi Chevy_lover,

Excellent pics as usual. Keep them coming. Goa is one of my favorite destinations and I too have been through the gagan bawda route. Very Scenic indeed. Once I had tried the (SH 116 is the name i guess runs almost parallel to the gagan bawda route)Radhanagari-Phonda ghat route that too was scenic but the road condition was not that nice.

BTW i spotted the beautiful couple on MG Rd in front of Clover Center on Friday. I was waiting for my wife and you guys just passed me through. By the time i could say hello you guys vanished . Better luck for me next time.

Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Thank you, pjay. These pics are just the tip of the iceberg. I will be posting many more pics as the log progresses. I am sure you'll enjoy them. Stay tuned!

@avisidhu, thanks friend. We will try the jaggery factory next time!

@pjbiju, you'll surely love the drive through Gagan Bawda.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:11   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent travelogue C_L. The pictures have come out well saturated and are really crisp. A treat for the eyes!

The ones of the train approaching has been taken very well.

Also, Goa pictures are always welcome and rekindles our memories. Look forward to more such pictures.
Old 31st January 2011, 17:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Excellent travelogue C_L. The pictures have come out well saturated and are really crisp. A treat for the eyes!

The ones of the train approaching has been taken very well.

Also, Goa pictures are always welcome and rekindles our memories. Look forward to more such pictures.
Thank you, Mobike008. I am glad that you liked the pics. These were among the very first pics I captured during this trip. Rest of the pics were snapped by my wife. There are lots more coming up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Ah!! The Dynamic Duo are back . Saw the thread, but couldnt read as was busy, so subscribed and now read it so far in one go. Awesome pictures as usual. Waiting forward for the rest . Not many cloud pictures yet?
Thanks Raj. The skies were very clear in Goa. So no clouds this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by footloose15 View Post
Hi Chevy_lover,

Excellent pics as usual. Keep them coming. Goa is one of my favorite destinations and I too have been through the gagan bawda route. Very Scenic indeed. Once I had tried the (SH 116 is the name i guess runs almost parallel to the gagan bawda route)Radhanagari-Phonda ghat route that too was scenic but the road condition was not that nice.

BTW i spotted the beautiful couple on MG Rd in front of Clover Center on Friday. I was waiting for my wife and you guys just passed me through. By the time i could say hello you guys vanished . Better luck for me next time.

Keep up the good work.
Sorry we missed you, footloose15. There are more pics coming up shortly!
Old 31st January 2011, 20:44   #53
BHPian

Excellent pictures and very nice narration.Reading your TL giving me a reason to revisit Goa again.Looking forward for the rest.
Old 31st January 2011, 21:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

Palolem Beach, Shops and Sunset...

After a short walk on the beach, we turned back and decided to explore the small town of Palolem.

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-1-dropadi.jpg

There were so many shops on the approach road to Palolem beach. Each and every item for sale was so colourful.

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-1-shops.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-2-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-3-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-4-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-5-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-6-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-8-shops_in_palolem.jpg

I managed to capture some pics of the various exquisite antiquities which were on sale!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-9-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-10-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-11-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-11a-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-12-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-13-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-14-shops_in_palolem.jpg

There so many shops selling spices which our ‘Incredible India’ is famous for!!!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-14a-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-14b-shops_in_palolem.jpg

We also saw a little musician playing his drum gleefully!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-15-shops_in_palolem.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-16-shops_in_palolem.jpg

Later, we returned back to the beach and witnessed the brilliant sunset. It was so very beautiful and we enjoyed the scene greatly!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-60-brilliant-sunset.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-61-brilliant-sunset.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-61a-the_sun_in_her_grasp.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-61b-the_sun_in_her_grasp.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-62-brilliant-sunset.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-63-brilliant-sunset.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-64-brilliant-sunset.jpg
Old 31st January 2011, 22:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus. View Post
Excellent pictures and very nice narration.Reading your TL giving me a reason to revisit Goa again.Looking forward for the rest.
Thank you, Maximus. Goa is our favourite holiday spot now!

Lots and lots of pics of the night life in Goa, coming up shortly!

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 31st January 2011 at 22:40.
Old 1st February 2011, 01:02   #56
Senior - BHPian

A glimpse of the thriving, vibrant night life in Palolem and lots and lots of fish!!!

After the sun bid us goodbye, we went back to our room. Here are some pics of our resort!

The Restaurant inside Palolem Beach Resort

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-1-restaurant_palolem-resort.jpg

Palolem Beach Resort; Tents and Ayurveda massage centre

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-2-palolem-resort_ayurveda-centre-open-air-theatre.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-3-tent-accommodation.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-4-tents.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-5-peculiar_plant.jpg

Coconut trees everywhere

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-6-coconut-trees.jpg

AC cottages

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-7-way-ac-cottages.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-8-identify-fruit.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-9-ac-huts.jpg

Way to resort entrance

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-10-way-resort-entrance.jpg

People watching a soccer match on the big screen!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-11-people_enjoying_a_soccer_matchopen-air-theatre.jpg

Restaurant, Bar & snooker table

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-12-restaurant-bar-pool-table.jpg

Resort Entrance

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-13-resort-entrance.jpg

Paid parking

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-14-paid-parking-outside-resort.jpg

We were quite hungry by then and decided to explore the town before deciding on a restaurant to have our dinner! Here are some night shots of Palolem! All shots were taken hand-held and without a tripod. I hope all my dear readers will like the pics!

Little Italy

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-15-little-italy-restaurant.jpg

Admiring the fresh fish! So mouth watering!!!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-16-admiring_the_fish_feast.jpg

Catch of the day!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-17-catch-day.jpg

Sharks! That was the first time I was seeing a Hammerhead Shark!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-18-sharks-hammerheads-too.jpg

Tiger Prawns

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-19-tiger-prawns.jpg

Lobsters

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-20-lobsters.jpg

Red Snappers

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-21-red-snappers.jpg

King Fishes

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-22-king-fish.jpg
A huge Lobster! Never seen a more colourful one!!!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-23-huge-lobster-so-very-colourful.jpg

Tiger Prawns are plentiful here!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-24-so-many-huge-tiger-prawns.jpg

Handicraft & cloth store

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-25a-indian-handicrafts.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-26-ethnic-items-sale.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-30-clothes-paintings-sale.jpg

Cute embroidery of
Elephants!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-27-cute-elephants-nice-embroidery.jpg

Curios and brass statues

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-29-lots-curios-sale.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-31-so-many-statues-curios.jpg
Old 1st February 2011, 16:06   #57
BHPian

@CL again great snaps as usual. Which camera was used to click all the snaps?

Last 2 times had stayed in North Goa this time was planning for south Goa and Palolem Beach Resort look to be great if you can share the cost.

One difficult question
After looking at all the pics i think you will have very little idea about veg food but if you can through some light about veg food in Palolem Beach Resort.
Old 1st February 2011, 16:37   #58
BHPian

Excellent pics Chevy_lover. I liked the Ghat section pics the most
Old 1st February 2011, 16:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
@CL again great snaps as usual. Which camera was used to click all the snaps?

Last 2 times had stayed in North Goa this time was planning for south Goa and Palolem Beach Resort look to be great if you can share the cost.

One difficult question
After looking at all the pics i think you will have very little idea about veg food but if you can through some light about veg food in Palolem Beach Resort.
Thank you very much, friend. I use a Sony A200 DSLR. Taking night shots is very difficult because of the light factor. But somehow I specialize in that. Did you read my Udaipur travelogue? There are thousands of pics in that story. I am sure you'll enjoy them!!

Finding vegetarian food in Palolem will not be a problem. Most restaurants serve veg dishes also. You may not be able to find Dosas and Idlis. There are some restaurants which serve north Indian veg dishes, veg pizzas and veg continental food. Another fact I want to share with you is that we saw ONLY ONE pure-veg restaurant in Palolem.

I will pm you the cost details.
Old 1st February 2011, 16:55   #60
BANNED

Ah.. Home Sweet Home... Its always nice to see your place through the eyes of a traveler.

About Palolem, much before the shops/restaurants/water sports came. This beach was virgin not a single construction on the whole beach. It was so beautiful. Just imagining it now would give you an idea.

This was about 10-15 years back when we were in School and we used to come to this beach for our annual school picnic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks