Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 19:55   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Cricket Match, From Paris with Love and Snappers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
I was reminded of the mint condition Hohner Mandolin and Bass Guitar we have at home.
You play them? You have quite a lot of amazing skills
Old 7th February 2011, 20:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa

Boss those photos are really mouth watering. Exhilarating stuff.
Forcing me to eagerly wait for the next post every time I go through the new lot. Really spectacular.

Addiction has now one new addition "Travelogues de Chevy Lover"

Last edited by rajeev k : 7th February 2011 at 20:51.
Old 8th February 2011, 01:52   #78
Senior - BHPian

@ rajeev k, Thanks friend. The food was indeed mouth watering! More pics coming up!

@ laluks, thanks, and yes, I am a Bass Guitarist! I used to play for my Church choir for many years! My Dad, his (late) elder brother and his cousin were excellent Mandolin players. Another brother of my dad was on the Rhythm Guitar! They had an Orchestra called "The Nettar Mandoliers"!!! I am in the process of digitizing their most famous works. We have the Orchestra now also! My cousin and I are the new additions! Let me see if I can find some pics!

@amitwlele, thanks. I have just started loading the interesting pics. Many more coming up!

@jacs, thanks a million for the good wishes! I hope that we can entertain you year after year! Yes, Chevy baby is now on 99,850 kms. Now I can no longer call him 'Baby'!!!

@lancersfx, thanks buddy. That was indeed the scooter rental place! You have to ask for Hella Red Grills! Try in Reliance Mega Mart also. Should cost you about 1.4K. I am quite sure that Chevy Tavera does not have any other variant at present!

@sami316, thanks a lot for your good wishes!

@Nutty Nair, thanks for the good wishes!

@Ampere, that is a cute name! Thanks, friend!!!
Old 8th February 2011, 02:52   #79
Senior - BHPian

Exploring Palolem Beach… And a dazzling sunset!!!

Day 4 – Exploring Palolem Beach… And a dazzling sunset!!!

We woke up by 7 am on the 11th of January. We had had a memorable anniversary the previous day! We quickly changed into our swimming costumes and rushed to the sea! The water was really cool and we enjoyed bathing in the sea immensely! There was no one to disturb us and we enjoyed the gentle caress of the waves greatly! What a wonderful beach Palolem is!

We spent almost three hours in the water! We finally came out when the sun began scorching our backs! We ran back to our room and freshened up in no time. We then went to the restaurant in our resort and had a heavy breakfast of bread and eggs!

We spent the rest of the afternoon loitering around Palolem town and shopping. We could find lots of clothes at very reasonable prices! My wifey was grinning from ear to ear after our shopping expedition!!!

We had lunch from Dropadi and rested in our resort till evening. We then set out to discover Palolem Beach! Here are some random pics of the beautiful beach! All pics have names!

Pics of our Resort

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-1-palolem-resort.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-2-resort.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-3-bar_snooker_table.jpg

Boat in the Sea

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-4-boat_in_the_sea.jpg

Boat leaving with tourists for the Dolphin Tour!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-5-boat_leaving_for_the_tour.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-6-pushing_the_boat_into_the_waters.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-7-in_the_water-finally.jpg

A Boat from South Africa??? Which Flag is it?

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-8-a_boat_from_south_africa.jpg

Beautiful Shack

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-9-beautiful_shack.jpg

Backwaters?

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-10-backwaters.jpg

The brilliant Palolem beach…

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-11-palolem_beach.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-12-boat_in_the_sea.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-13-beach_and_shacks.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-14-a_boat_anchored_in_the_sea.jpg

We went to Chascaa Restaurant at the end of the beach

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-15-chascaa_restaurant.jpg

Boat about to leave

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-16-about_to_leave.jpg

Speeding away to the horizon….

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-17-on_his_way.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-18-speeding_away.jpg

Just came back after the tour!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-19-just_returned_from_dolphin_tour.jpg

What a beautiful shot!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-20-what_a_beautiful_shot.jpg

We witnessed the brilliant sunset of Palolem!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-21-the_red_glow_of_the_sun-.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-22-setting_sun.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-23-sun.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-24-sun_has_gone_down_partly.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-25-half_the_sun_is_gone.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-26-almost_gone.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-27-gone_finally.jpg

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 8th February 2011 at 02:59.
Old 8th February 2011, 03:20   #80
Senior - BHPian

Hey Chevy Lover,

I have been reading and enjoying your TL quietly for the past couple of days. However the photos of the sunny sides up from the smuggler's inn and then those of the crab and lobster at little Italy did me in, I had to get up and find something to eat at this hour. The macros of the flowers on the previous page are beautiful and I have never seen such clear ones of a Sunset ever, simply amazing.

My favourite thus far 'Goa 1 beautiful Palolem at early morning'. The colour tones are out of this World, ***** stars for that one alone.

Man, I have to go to Goa.
Old 8th February 2011, 03:21   #81
Senior - BHPian

Excellent seafood and Shacks of Palolem...

After witnessing the sunset, we decided to make our way back to the beach. We were amazed to see a different species of Lobster in Chascaa! It was green in colour!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-28-different_lobster.jpg

We also saw some Tiger Prawns, Snappers and The King Fish!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-29-tiger_prawn_on_king_fish-.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-30-tiger_prawns.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-31-chascaa_the_best_place_to_see_the_sunset.jpg

The beach was very colourful after the sunset! It was an excellent sight!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-32-beautiful_-beach.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-33-beach.jpg

The shacks were slowly coming to life and were filling up with ravenous tourists!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-34-shacks_getting_ready_for_dinner.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-35-awaiting_tourists.jpg

Here are some night shots of the Shacks of Palolem!!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-37-where_are_the_tourists-.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-38-slowly_getting_filled_up.jpg

What a beautiful seating arrangement!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-39-beautiful_seating_arrangement.jpg

Huts facing the sea!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-40-beach_facing_huts.jpg

Service here is so slow that 'time takes a break'!!!
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-41-cuba_resturant-where_time_takes_a_break.jpg

What a Beauuuuuutiful Shack!!!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-42-beauuuuutiful.jpg

We were here!!!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-36-goa_2011-we_were_there.jpg
Old 8th February 2011, 07:28   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover;2236795@ laluks, thanks, and yes, I am a Bass Guitarist! I used to play for my Church choir for many years! My Dad, his (late) elder brother and his cousin were excellent Mandolin players. Another brother of my dad was on the Rhythm Guitar! They had an Orchestra called [B
"The Nettar Mandoliers"!!![/b] I am in the process of digitizing their most famous works. We have the Orchestra now also! My cousin and I are the new additions! Let me see if I can find some pics!

Chevy baby is now on 99,850 kms. Now I can no longer call him 'Baby'!!!
I would love to hear them if possible. These skills these days are rare to find.

Regarding Chevvy, at 1lakh consider him/her at Mont 1
Old 8th February 2011, 10:50   #83
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures and description CL. Lobsters, crabs and prawns . This is definitely making me crave for those. It's been a long time since I had some crab.

Good to know you are a bass guitarist. I too used to play the bass guitar for the school/college band and the church choir.
Old 9th February 2011, 15:12   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
@Spitfire, Palolem is being devoured by new constructions. You must be feeling very sad seeing its present condition.
I stopped visiting the beach. It just breaks my heart to see it in this state. I will try and get pictures of the beach when it was still without any construction.

The end of the beach where Chascaa Restaurant is located was such a beautiful point. All lost now. Just beyond there are huge stones on which as teenagers we used to climb and spend many a evening. Sigh...

About the Autoricshaw ride, there is one thing unique about riskshaws in Goa. Guess what? No not the absence of the meter.

And in Smuggler's Inn next time say Hi to Meuvel, the guy in the black T shirt. Tell him its from the Chowgule college guy from Panaji who is now in Bangalore. You might get a discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I too used to play the bass guitar for the school/college band and the church choir.
Oh a lot of bass guitarists here, nice. Add another one. For us its hereditary. I have laid down my instruments since a decade now though.

Last edited by Spitfire : 9th February 2011 at 15:14.
Old 9th February 2011, 17:00   #85
BHPian

@ CL thanks for those Veg dish snaps. That just makes sure that i will not go hungry. :-)
Old 9th February 2011, 18:19   #86
BHPian

Amazing TL by CL. Brings back those Goan memories. One of the least commercialized beaches now seems to be hugely commercialized. Goa never ceases to amaze the visitors & everytime I go there, I find it NEW and FRESH. Loved your pics a lot, the Continous Shot of the Train & those amazing pics of Sea Food.
Old 9th February 2011, 21:56   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Amazing TL by CL. Brings back those Goan memories. One of the least commercialized beaches now seems to be hugely commercialized. Goa never ceases to amaze the visitors & everytime I go there, I find it NEW and FRESH. Loved your pics a lot, the Continous Shot of the Train & those amazing pics of Sea Food.
Thanks a lot, friend! I enjoyed taking a lot of different pics! But this year I took only about 5000+ pics compared to the 10,015 of Udaipur ! There are many many more beautiful pics coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
@ CL thanks for those Veg dish snaps. That just makes sure that i will not go hungry. :-)
Thanks Scrooze. You will never go hungry in Goa! You can always ask the cook to substitute Chicken/Fish with Paneer or any other vegetable. They are very very flexible that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I stopped visiting the beach. It just breaks my heart to see it in this state. I will try and get pictures of the beach when it was still without any construction.

The end of the beach where Chascaa Restaurant is located was such a beautiful point. All lost now. Just beyond there are huge stones on which as teenagers we used to climb and spend many a evening. Sigh...

About the Autoricshaw ride, there is one thing unique about riskshaws in Goa. Guess what? No not the absence of the meter.

And in Smuggler's Inn next time say Hi to Meuvel, the guy in the black T shirt. Tell him its from the Chowgule college guy from Panaji who is now in Bangalore. You might get a discount

Oh a lot of bass guitarists here, nice. Add another one. For us its hereditary. I have laid down my instruments since a decade now though.
Thanks Spitfire for reliving all those wonderful memories! It is a pity that the beach is getting destroyed in myriad ways! What is common about the Ricks? Doors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Great pictures and description CL. Lobsters, crabs and prawns . This is definitely making me crave for those. It's been a long time since I had some crab.

Good to know you are a bass guitarist. I too used to play the bass guitar for the school/college band and the church choir.
Thanks Biju Bhai. Crabs looked yummy in Goa! But they all seemed to be anorexic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I would love to hear them if possible. These skills these days are rare to find.
Regarding Chevvy, at 1lakh consider him/her at Mont 1
What is Mont 1? Montessori? I will surely share our music CD as soon as it is done! I will let you know!
Old 10th February 2011, 01:52   #88
Senior - BHPian

Day 5 – Palolem at dawn…

Day 5 – Palolem at dawn…

We woke up at 5.30 am on day 5 of our vacation. We wanted to capture the unblemished beauty of Palolem before anyone!

We quickly got ready and went to the beach. We were simply stunned by the beauty of Palolem!

Here are some shots of the beach and of the sights we saw. These pics were taken at the crack of dawn. Needless to say, the sun was still having his forty winks!

It was very cool in the beach and we were shivering! I quickly got down to business and let my camera capture some scenes which are rarely seen!

Palolem Beach at 6 am.

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-1-palolem_at_6_am.jpg

Resort’s Restaurant

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-2-palolem_restaurant.jpg

Beautiful Beach

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-3-beautiful_beach.jpg

Excellent colours of the sky as dawn breaks

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-4-excellent_colours.jpg

Dolphin tour starts

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-5-dolphin_tour_at_this_hour.jpg

Beautiful Beach

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-6-beach.jpg

Where is the rope going???

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-7-where_is_the_rope_going.jpg

Oh! These guys are pulling the rope!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-8-pulling_the_rope.jpg

Wait! There are two more guys! They are tying the rope to a stick!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-9-tying_the_rope.jpg

Pulling with all their might

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-10-pulling_with_all_their_might.jpg

What might be at the end of the rope???

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-11-rope_going_deep_into_the_sea.jpg

Still pulling

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-12-pull_hard.jpg

Small scale fishermen!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-13-small_scale_fishermen.jpg

These guys are still pulling! But what???

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-14-still_pulling.jpg

What a perfectly tranquil beach!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-15-what_a_tranquil_beach.jpg

Jogging!!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-16-jogging.jpg

Another adjustment on the rope!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-17-another_adjustment.jpg

The sea is calm and serene!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-18-calm_sea.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-19-calm_beach.jpg

Beautiful beach!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-20-beach.jpg

An attentive doggy! He was watching me keenly for over an hour! Never left my side!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-21-attentive_doggy.jpg

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 10th February 2011 at 01:56.
Old 10th February 2011, 03:15   #89
Senior - BHPian

Palolem at dawn… And after Sunrise...

Serene Beach!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-1-serene_beach.jpg

Sun about to wake up from his deep slumber!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-2-sun_about_to_wake_up.jpg

Peculiar type of jogging!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-3-what_sort_of_jogging_is_this.jpg

Fishing boat, Nets and the Oar!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-4-fishing_boat.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-5-fish_net.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-6-net_and_oar_in_the_boat.jpg

He is still interested in photography!!!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-7-he_is_still_interested_in_photography.jpg

Sunrise

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-8-sunrise.jpg

Sea Shell

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-9-seashell.jpg

Huge waves lashing the beach at sunrise!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-10-waves.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-11-waves.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-12-waves.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-13-waves.jpg

First rays of the sun! What a brilliant scene! I would rate it as one of the most beautiful sunrises I ever saw!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-14-first_rays_of_the_sun.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-15-sun_rays-awesome.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-16-sunrays.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-17-what_an_excellent_beach.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-18-beautiful_sunrise.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-19-sunrise.jpg

The sea has calmed down after the sunrise miraculously!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-20-sea_has_calmed_down.jpg

The Brilliant sunrise of Palolem!!!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-21-beautiful_sunrise.jpg

Second set of fishermen pulling in the net from the left most part of the beach!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-22-second_set_of_fishermen.jpg

A dog fight! See them snarling! It was quite scary seeing how ferocious they were!!!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-23-dog_fighting_and_snarling.jpg

Finally, the nets have begun to appear from the sea!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-24-finally_the_nets_are_in.jpg

Lots of work to be done to untangle the net!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-25-untangling_the_knots.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-26-still_pulling.jpg

Their boat has also arrived from the sea!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-27-the_boat_has_also_come_back.jpg

What a gigantic net!!!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-28-what_a_gigantic_net.jpg
Old 13th February 2011, 14:41   #90
Senior - BHPian

Catch Of The Day!!!

After an hour of hard, backbreaking labour, our fishermen friends were making good progress and we were very excited at the prospect of seeing that day’s catch!

All photos are named accordingly and are self-explanatory!

Pulling in the net

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-1-pulling_in_the_net.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-2-discussing_tactics.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-3-a_crowd_has_assembled.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-4-quietly_pulling_from_the_other_side.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-5-huge_net.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-6-net_is_very_close_to_the_shore_now.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-7-pushing_the_net_towards_the_shore.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-8-net_is_back_on_shore.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-9-folding_the_net.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-10-final_touches.jpg

Catch of the day

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-11-fish_net.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-12-the_catch.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-13-the_catch.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-14-todays_catch.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-15-very_less_quantity_of_fish.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-16-fish_in_the_net.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-17-fish.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-18-fish.jpg

Sorting the fishes

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-19-sorting_the_fish.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-20-this_fish_is_not_edible.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-22-sorting.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-24-sorting.jpg

Mackeral??

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-21-mackeral.jpg

What is this?

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-23-what_is_this.jpg

Crabs!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-25-crabs.jpg

Crows waiting for a feast!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-27-crows_waiting_for_the_feast.jpg
An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-28-crows.jpg

I am the King! And I eat first!!!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-29-i_am_the_king.jpg

We were truly disappointed after seeing the paltry number of fish they had managed to catch! The fishermen were appalled!

This broken sunglass resembled their fortune that day!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-30-broken_dreams.jpg

But life goes on.... Let's catch some more fish!!! Let's go back to the sea!

An incredible road trip to the “Pearl of the Orient” – Goa-26-washing_the_net.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks