Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 11:02   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gurgaon - Jhansi - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh - Pench - Kanha - Bhedaghat - Gurgaon

Thank you for liking the TL. IMO, the situation in 2012 should be a lot lot better than what I experienced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Thanks boss - lovely TL. Will pain you in early 2012. Hope to be driving down that side at that time and will take tips from you!
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:20   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gurgaon - Jhansi - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh - Pench - Kanha - Bhedaghat - Gurgaon

With a very heavy heart I wish to report the death of the mighty B 2, the King of Kings at Bandhavgarh on Sunday at a ripe age of 16 years.

Gurgaon - Jhansi - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh - Pench - Kanha - Bhedaghat - Gurgaon-326947_2346745786944_1199035785_32093780_1148000144_o.jpg

RIP B 2.

Now the Bamera male would rule.
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:42   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
With a very heavy heart I wish to report the death of the mighty B 2, the King of Kings at Bandhavgarh on Sunday at a ripe age of 16 years.

RIP B 2.

Now the Bamera male would rule.

Now, thats indeed a sad thing to hear. Hope the Bamera male lives up to the expectation of being the King of kings and we do not wish to hear any other sad news as well.

Thanks for sharing sir.
Old 10th April 2015, 13:15   #154
BHPian

Gurgaon - Kanha - Bandhavgarh - Gurgaon - Route planning

Hi,

Planning a road trip from Gurgaon to Kanha and Bandhavgarh in the month of may.

Looking for suggestions on
- Route
- Time taken
- Pitstops/places to eat
- Any precautions to take.
- any other information.

The route i have planned is -

Day 1 - Gurgaon to Jabalpur (around 850 Kms) - via Gwalior, Jhansi. Night stop in Jabalpur.
>>>> Suggestions for good hotel in Jabalpur will be welcome
Day 2 - Jabalpur to Kanha
Day 3 - 5 ----- Safaris in Kanha
Day 5 - Kanha to Bandhavgarh
>>>>>> Suggestions for good resorts in Bandhavgarh will be welcome
Day 6 - 8 - Safaris in Bandahvgarh
Day 8 - Bandhavgarh to Khajuraho. Night stop in Khajuraho
Day 9 - Khajuraho to Gurgaon

Is this doable? What are the road conditions? any specific routes to take/avoid?

All comments, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Regards,
Sachin
Old 18th April 2015, 13:57   #155
BHPian

Bumping up the thread as am still looking for a response
Old 19th April 2015, 13:58   #156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gurgaon - Kanha - Bandhavgarh - Gurgaon - Route planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Hi,

Planning a road trip from Gurgaon to Kanha and Bandhavgarh in the month of may.

Looking for suggestions on
- Route
- Time taken
- Pitstops/places to eat
- Any precautions to take.
- any other information.

The route i have planned is -

Day 1 - Gurgaon to Jabalpur (around 850 Kms) - via Gwalior, Jhansi. Night stop in Jabalpur.
>>>> Suggestions for good hotel in Jabalpur will be welcome
Day 2 - Jabalpur to Kanha
Day 3 - 5 ----- Safaris in Kanha
Day 5 - Kanha to Bandhavgarh
>>>>>> Suggestions for good resorts in Bandhavgarh will be welcome
Day 6 - 8 - Safaris in Bandahvgarh
Day 8 - Bandhavgarh to Khajuraho. Night stop in Khajuraho
Day 9 - Khajuraho to Gurgaon

Is this doable? What are the road conditions? any specific routes to take/avoid?

All comments, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Regards,
Sachin
Gurgaon-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Lalitpur-Sagar-Damoh-Jabalpur.

Leave early morning, take YEH, cross Agra city before it wakes up else be prepared for some nasty jams inside Agra city.

Jabalpur has many good hotels. But perhaps it also makes better sense to go stay in MPTDC in Mandla which is at the door step of Kanha WLS.

To go from Kanha to Bandhavgarh, take the Mandla-Shahpura-Umariya-Tala route. Excellent roads. Avoid after dark.

Bandhavgarh to Kajuraho, take Tala-Umariya-Katni-Amanganj-Panna-Bamitha-Kajuraho.

From Kajuraho to Jhansi via Nowgaon
Old 22nd June 2015, 21:38   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Bumping up the thread as am still looking for a response
sach.sri, hope you had a good trip. I am leaving from Gurgaon on 25th afternoon towards Gwalior. Since you seem to have done this route recently - I want to check with you regarding (i) road condition between Agra - Gwalior. I will be on this road after 6.30 pm and (ii) how did you cross Agra? Did you take the bypass (as has been discussed in detail on the Forum)?

Thanks.
Old 29th June 2015, 13:37   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Gurgaon-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Lalitpur-Sagar-Damoh-Jabalpur.

Leave early morning, take YEH, cross Agra city before it wakes up else be prepared for some nasty jams inside Agra city.

Jabalpur has many good hotels. But perhaps it also makes better sense to go stay in MPTDC in Mandla which is at the door step of Kanha WLS.

To go from Kanha to Bandhavgarh, take the Mandla-Shahpura-Umariya-Tala route. Excellent roads. Avoid after dark.

Bandhavgarh to Kajuraho, take Tala-Umariya-Katni-Amanganj-Panna-Bamitha-Kajuraho.

From Kajuraho to Jhansi via Nowgaon
>>>>> Thanks HVK. I missed out on checking on this thread for a long time. Took the route per your advice and can attest to the fact that roads are very good. I was able to do the Gurgaon - Jabalpur stretch in around 12 hrs including about an hr for lunch break.

Stayed in MPTDC hotel in Bhedaghat - as i wanted to see the Dhuandhar falls and Narmada river. Great place - loved the ambience.

Also - while coming back - took a detour to Orchha - a place which i have wanted to visit for sometime.

Thanks again for your help and advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
sach.sri, hope you had a good trip. I am leaving from Gurgaon on 25th afternoon towards Gwalior. Since you seem to have done this route recently - I want to check with you regarding (i) road condition between Agra - Gwalior. I will be on this road after 6.30 pm and (ii) how did you cross Agra? Did you take the bypass (as has been discussed in detail on the Forum)?

Thanks.
Dear Nayak - sorry about the delayed response. I guess it is too late now - but i would like to respond that the road between Agra and Gwalior is pretty good.
What bypass are you talking about? Pls let me know - as i had to cross Agra town and it was not very good.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks