Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2014, 20:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Tyre Recommendation for Sonata Embera (215/60R16)

Can the experts advice me on what can be a good tyre in the 225/60R16 size, I have absolutely little clue about them, I checked online and search results in only Apollo Acelere Max.

I want a tyre which can improve ride comfort and has harder sidewalls as the roads travelled are less than perfect hence am apprehensive about completely soft tyres.

In my research I didn't come across any Bridgestone model in 225 size though there is one in 215 size, also I would be interested in Yoko's as I believe they are a good blend of comfort, durability and price.

The car is question is Sonata Embera crdi and the standard size is 215/60R16. I believe a higher ratio will give a marginal ride height as the car scrapes slightly on speed breakers, also better ride.

I checked somewhere online and I am suggested that I can upsize to 225/60R16 as it is within the 3% variation from the OEM size of 215/60R16 as against 215/65R16. Please advice.

Some of the tyres mentioned above seems to be discontinued. This link was usefull: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2812078.

Last edited by s_pphilip : 20th May 2014 at 20:45.
Old 21st May 2014, 00:56   #17
BHPian

Re: Tyre Recommendation for Sonata Embera (215/60R16)

Can the experts recommend a suitable tyre make and model with size 225/60 R16.
Need a tyre that is not easily damaged by Indian roads and is comfort oriented, travel does take us to less than perfect roads.

Checked options online and came across Apollo Acelere Max as the only tyre in this size.
Bridgestone has an option as Turanza GR 90 however the BS shops in Goa do not seem to keep stock.
The option BS shops suggest is stock size Turanza ER 370 (215/60R16), this size has several options including Yokohama, BS and Michelin, believe Yoko's offer a perfect blend of comfort, grip and value hence would be a good choice.
In size 225/60R16 Yoko's have C-drives but again not in stock.

I checked online and 225/60R16 is within the 3% variation and will offer a better ride and marginally higher GC, alternately 215/65 R16 is beyond the 3% variation allowed.

The car is Sonata Embera crdi, OEM size is 215/60R16.
The current size is grossly under tyred which was a novice mistake and the ride is harsh, ride is the focal point.
Currently have Potenza's G3 size 205/60R16, on dealers advice, much later realized these are the wrong size, which though served well was uncomfortable.

Problem is dealer education, none know what they are selling, a friend was sold dry tires by BS shop when he asked for all weather tires, realized after checking online.
Please advice.

Mods apologize for re posting, didn't see the earlier post on refreshing hence posted again and both are now reflecting. You may delete or merge. Thanks and apologies.

Last edited by s_pphilip : 21st May 2014 at 01:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks