Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 10:22   #4006
BHPian

re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Ok guys, I was trying to find our the offset on the OEM wheels but wasn't able to find a mention of the same on the manual or web.

Then i decided to check out the spare wheel.. these ususlly have the tech specs stamped on them..

This is what the wheel says..

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-p1120062.jpg

15 is the wheel diameter... 5 1/2 J is the wheel width but is 56 the wheel offset?

Please help guys..
Old 5th December 2011, 10:33   #4007
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Ok! after a long time i am posting this. here is what mine looks like.
Did you get the hubs painted at Siliguri? If yes, where? My rear drum brake is kind of rusting. I think Balaji Motors would do the job and Anand Mangal will do the balancing/alignment.
Old 5th December 2011, 14:53   #4008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Did you get the hubs painted at Siliguri? If yes, where? My rear drum brake is kind of rusting. I think Balaji Motors would do the job and Anand Mangal will do the balancing/alignment.
No sir!. this car is in rajasthan, my second home. Good painters in siliguri are near Darjeeling More, salbari area of siliguri. yeah those roadside garages beside the toy train track.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 15:08   #4009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
I am sick and tired of changing so many wheel sets in the past one year. I will settle down with the 17" Konigs happily and call it a day.
Santhosh.
I thought you gonna stick to these 17'' for sometime,but i guess its again time for them to go and new set to come in.So what does the new set look like ?

Bdw thanks to you for advising me to check with Dinesh, Junction for alloys .
I picked up a ava 217 15'' from him.

Will post the pictures in some time .
Cheers
Old 5th December 2011, 15:34   #4010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
PS: The last pic is also a poster in my bedroom! (Yeah, I am like that sometimes) I love it...
Beautiful alloys buddy. And ah, those Skirts!
You should also put up pics of your Angel Eyes on some relevant thread soon.
Old 6th December 2011, 07:38   #4011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Santhosh.
I thought you gonna stick to these 17'' for sometime,but i guess its again time for them to go and new set to come in.So what does the new set look like ?

Bdw thanks to you for advising me to check with Dinesh, Junction for alloys .
I picked up a ava 217 15'' from him.

Will post the pictures in some time .
Cheers
I am not going in for new set of alloys this time. I am right now using my stock wheels. I have some other plans.

Great! Let's see some pictures soon of your new wheels.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:39   #4012
BHPian

Slightly OT, but need help with regard to alloys.

I am trying to help a family friend restore a car that was involved in an accident, which cost him his only son. His son was a big fan of TBHP and a regular follower, though not a member. In the accident, the car (SX4) was badly damaged and the alloy wheels were badly damaged. The car had Lenso make alloys. I am attaching a picture of the same here.

Name:  sx4_lenso.jpg
Views: 7004
Size:  78.8 KB

If anybody can help source 2 nos of the same type of alloy wheels, it would be great. The reason why he insists on sourcing these exact alloys is due to the fact that his son had done up this car with all the accessories. So far everything except the alloys have been sourced. If anybody can help, please PM me.

Alloy Type : Lenso Alloys - 16 inch for SX4.

Thanks.
Xryder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 14:52   #4013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post

I am trying to help a family friend restore a car that was involved in an accident, which cost him his only son. His son was a big fan of TBHP and a regular follower, though not a member. In the accident, the car (SX4) was badly damaged and the alloy wheels were badly damaged. The car had Lenso make alloys. I am attaching a picture of the same here.

Attachment 852782

If anybody can help source 2 nos of the same type of alloy wheels, it would be great. The reason why he insists on sourcing these exact alloys is due to the fact that his son had done up this car with all the accessories. So far everything except the alloys have been sourced. If anybody can help, please PM me.

Thanks.
sorry for your friend's loss Rohit. i sincerely hope you can help him source the two matching alloys.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 18:52   #4014
BHPian

^^
+1 to that.

@xryder: Kudos to you for keeping the spirit alive!
Old 6th December 2011, 19:07   #4015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
Hey Xryder really sorry to hear about your friend's loss. May he get the strength and he sure will, since he has a friend like you.

Regarding the Alloys, I had a similar design but was a 15" one and was a Veloche make. I had seen a 16" one as well and know its readily available. Please let me know if you want me to check with the dealer in case you have difficulty in sourcing Lenso.

I will check with him if he can source these in Lenso itself and will PM you once I get a confirmation.
Old 6th December 2011, 19:36   #4016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
sorry for your friend's loss Rohit. i sincerely hope you can help him source the two matching alloys.
It is a terrible loss. His son, Tony was sitting in the passenger seat.The driver is Tony's class mate in college and I have on many counts found him to be a reckless and rash driver. Whats worse was Tony was a very sedate and skilled driver. If only he had been driving. Tony's father refuses to sell/scrap the car even though it was pretty much totaled and stands firm on his decision even though his wife refuses to even look at it, forget traveling in that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
^^
+1 to that.
@xryder: Kudos to you for keeping the spirit alive!
Thanks Monaro. I am just trying to help restore the car as close to its original state as possible. Even I was of the opinion to dispose the vehicle off due to the tragedy and the memories it brings back, but gave in seeing his fathers determination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Xryder really sorry to hear about your friend's loss. May he get the strength and he sure will, since he has a friend like you.

Regarding the Alloys, I had a similar design but was a 15" one and was a Veloche make. I had seen a 16" one as well and know its readily available. Please let me know if you want me to check with the dealer in case you have difficulty in sourcing Lenso.

I will check with him if he can source these in Lenso itself and will PM you once I get a confirmation.
Viko,

Please do check if the alloy in the picture matches the same make in Veloche in 16 inch size. If so, please do try to obtain a picture if possible.
Obtaining the original alloy in Lenso make would be a bonus by all means.

Please do PM your contact details. I can join you if you plan to visit your source, if it is in Bangalore.

Thanks.
Old 6th December 2011, 20:37   #4017
Senior - BHPian

The wheels on my Sumo Grande. 16x7 SM.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-sumo-grande-wheels-0.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-sumo-grande-wheels-1.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-sumo-grande-wheels-2.jpg  

Old 6th December 2011, 21:41   #4018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
The wheels on my Sumo Grande. 16x7 SM.
wow! your ride looks like a tank and those alloys sure add to that look!
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 22:18   #4019
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 852782

Thanks.
Those are Lenso NX alloys. I think I have seen the same at Hercules tyres located on the Banashakari - Mysore road ring road (near PES college).

I think they are 16", 114.3 PCD. One thing I am sure is that they are of the same color as on your friend's SX4.

I don't know whether the Hercules tyres guy would sell only two numbers, but your friend can buy all the four and keep 2 aside.

This shop is owned by Selvan. I can't find his number. You can call Saravanan on 9008500085 and get Selvan's number and enquire.

Last edited by Dolphin : 6th December 2011 at 22:35.
Old 6th December 2011, 23:48   #4020
BHPian

Xryder your Grande really looks the part..Are those stock tyres ? Can we some more pictures of your ride.. A front on view may be..

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 6th December 2011 at 23:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks