Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 08:26   #4876
blr
BHPian

re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Just curious, what is the price of a 205 or 215 tyre in US?
Thanks! I understand the safety angle and will adhere to the rules.

Well, the tire prices vary widely by brands and type. I was thinking of getting them from here because Michelin Pilot A/S 3 is a very highly rated tire (not great looking though) for dry/wet traction, handling, comfort, and noise. These are not available in India. The price would be around $120 each. The Yokohama S-Drive would be around $80 each (both 205/50/16 after rebates/discounts). I wouldn't bother bringing the S-Drives from here, but thought would get the Michelins because they are good, not available in India, and there is space in the container.

BTW, was wondering if it makes sense getting just the wheels from here. What do you think?
Old 20th August 2014, 13:08   #4877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
I wouldn't bother bringing the S-Drives from here, but thought would get the Michelins because they are good, not available in India, and there is space in the container.

BTW, was wondering if it makes sense getting just the wheels from here. What do you think?
Good quality rims at reasonable rates are a good option to consider. However, for tyres that are not tested for Indian road conditions, it is always a big risk considering the pathetic road conditions in India which is unlikely to get figured into design considerations in US. Hitting a pothole at 80-100km/h on a highway is not really a rare event in case of Indian driving conditions. Unless the sidewalls are not strong enough, you are likely to end up with blow-out after such an incident. First generation of Michelins in India had the issue of soft sidewalls that gave away due to bad roads - these were tyres that were considered good elsewhere in the world. Current generation of Michelins come with stronger sidewalls. So "made for India" need not always be bad.

Since you are moving back to India and would be transporting it as part of your household stuff in the container, I think it wouldn't really be treated as import. Ensure that you don't transport it without opening the package, in which case you might be subject to customs duties. Again, this is something I'm not sure of, since I think the rules are different when you move back to India and bring your stuff over in the container. It would still go through customs scrutiny but I think you don't have to pay duties for used stuff that you were using abroad.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 14:48   #4878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post

You should get the rims from there. You would get more options and probably low price.
SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 18:14   #4879
blr
BHPian

Thanks zenren! Makes sense; so I will go for the tyres locally. As for the customs, I am still in the process of selecting the clearing agents. Will find out from them the details of how best to handle the situation.

Thanks SumitBahl! Guess I will get the wheels (along with the hub-centric rings and lug bolts) from here. The selection available here is also not as great as what is available in Europe; this is because of the 5x100 pcd which is not common here.
blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 19:26   #4880
BHPian

2014 Swift Dzire AT
15 inch lenso wheels with custom paintjob
185/60 R15
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_2415.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_2435.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_2465.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_2468.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_2483.jpg  

garrett_t16 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 19:34   #4881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett_t16 View Post
2014 Swift Dzire AT
185/60 R15
Nice photography. And good alloys too
Old 1st September 2014, 00:10   #4882
Senior - BHPian

After 3.5 years of owning the car. I felt like giving the old girl a new lease of life. So got it a set of alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-1409510447438.jpg  

desideep is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 00:47   #4883
Team-BHP Support

One of the better OEM designs?

Our Hyundai Xcent SX(o)

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1409512636.910049.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:45   #4884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
After 3.5 years of owning the car. I felt like giving the old girl a new lease of life. So got it a set of alloys.
Looks good. How much did it cost for the alloys? And where did you get them?
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:56   #4885
Senior - BHPian

Thanks,

they cost me 19K from sai mag wheels, you can check their website and they can ship any thing you want from their stores.
Old 2nd September 2014, 20:25   #4886
BHPian

Quote:
2014 Swift Dzire AT
185/60 R15
Nice set of alloys there! Can you please share close up shot of the alloys. Considering white color on alloys, are they easy to maintain, specially front wheels due to brake dust.
Old 3rd September 2014, 01:12   #4887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
Nice set of alloys there! Can you please share close up shot of the alloys. Considering white color on alloys, are they easy to maintain, specially front wheels due to brake dust.
Brake dust is not a problem, YET !! Because its been raining very heavily since a week or two in Bombay. Paint has 2 coats of lacquer on it so cleaning is no problem. A wet cloth pretty much cleans them up to freshly painted finish. For the hard to get to areas a toothbrush is more then sufficient. Close up shot attached. first was painted all black, left to dry for a 2 days. then masked properly and sprayed white on the lip. inspiration credits go to fellow bhp'ian and close friend Cyrus43 and his pocket rocket zen. (picture also attached)
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img20140830wa0049.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-1610042_10154234828860595_5847673095549789315_n.jpg  

garrett_t16 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:51   #4888
BHPian

Quote:
Brake dust is not a problem, YET !! Because its been raining very heavily since a week or two in Bombay. Paint has 2 coats of lacquer on it so cleaning is no problem. A wet cloth pretty much cleans them up to freshly painted finish. For the hard to get to areas a toothbrush is more then sufficient. Close up shot attached. first was painted all black, left to dry for a 2 days. then masked properly and sprayed white on the lip. inspiration credits go to fellow bhp'ian and close friend Cyrus43 and his pocket rocket zen. (picture also attached)

The same rim is available with Sai Mag Wheels, H115 model, they come with company painted white, check out.
Old 4th September 2014, 02:47   #4889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
The same rim is available with Sai Mag Wheels, H115 model, they come with company painted white, check out.
The H115 Lenso is a 5 spoke wheel. very different and which is only available in 16 inch. comes in 5x112 and 4x100 pcd. What i have is a 15 inch and 7 spoke wheel, its called the Lenso STA.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-lenso-sta.jpg  

Old 4th September 2014, 22:13   #4890
BHPian

Quote:
The H115 Lenso is a 5 spoke wheel. very different and which is only available in 16 inch. comes in 5x112 and 4x100 pcd. What i have is a 15 inch and 7 spoke wheel, its called the Lenso STA.
Hi, i didnt say Lenso or any brand, neway this is HRS. Check the link below:

http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/prod...5/35/h_115.htm

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks