Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2019, 10:58   #5581
BHPian

Re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Nice set of wheels Bunny Bhai.

I feel that odd combination of 139.7 PCD and 5 lugs limits the alloy wheel options for XUV big time.
Yep, true. I only have three options to pick from. Took this one. Was using HRS on my i20 and Beat - never had a problem. So im assuming these ones will take the regular beating as well
Old 25th November 2019, 14:31   #5582

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Hello Everyone

This is my first post on Team-BHP, so thought the best way to start is by introducing my modified steed (its a 2nd Gen Swift Vxi (O)). I christened him CEASER - inspired by Ceaser from Planet of the Apes movie.

Really hope that my ride qualifies on this thread.
Modifications:
1. Stock steel rims swapped with Plati Alloys
2. Stock tyres upgraded to Yokohama Earth 1

Pic1: Yours truly with Ceaser
Note: The L sign is for wife
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img1.png  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img2.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img3.jpg  

behindthewheel is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 10:54   #5583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthewheel View Post
Hello Everyone

This is my first post on Team-BHP, so thought the best way to start is by introducing my modified steed (its a 2nd Gen Swift Vxi (O)).
1. Stock steel rims swapped with Plati Alloys
How much did these rims cost ?

Last edited by Sheel : 1st December 2019 at 09:05. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Thanks.
Old 28th November 2019, 11:16   #5584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
How much did these rims cost ?
Hi Mr. Nobody
It cost me 28000 INR for a set of four alloys back in 2016. This includes the fitting charges.
behindthewheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 22:16   #5585
BHPian

Hello brethren

So after almost 7 months of owning a Nissan Kicks, I decided to install a set of alloys. The need was purely functional rather than cosmetic.

Some explanation: My Kick's kerb weight is 1295 Kg and with 105 ps of power, I always felt if I could extract something more out of it. Boosting engine's power was an option but that would have lead to the voiding of the warranty. I hit the roadblock, but I am a bit stubborn and inquisitive since my birth so I started researching regarding what may improve the performance of a car.

Most of the web results explained if we reduce the weight of the car, it may perform better. But which weight? I was enlightened by the concept of sprung/unsprung weight. So started digging more and was convinced after 20 days of research that if we reduce the weight of tire+wheel combo (read unsprung weight) the car may accelerate/perform better. So started investing the next few weeks in the search of lighter alloy wheels and lighter weight tires.

My Kicks came with 215/65 R16 tires and steel wheel so one fine day I decided to measure the weight of each. Here is the data of stock tire+wheel combo:

Steel wheel weight: 9.380 Kg
Tire weight: 11.050 Kg

The challenge was to find lighter alloy wheels and tires so I started connecting with dealers here in Pune and in this process, I became a sort of infamous . I will not get into the details but fortunately got a lighter set of alloys. So some 3 weeks back I reached the car accessories showroom to feel the alloys and measured the weight of each in front of me which came to 7.100 Kg. So total weight reduction at each corner was 9.380 - 7.100 = 2.28 Kg per corner.

That made my Kicks 9.12 Kg (2.28 x 4) lighter. Installed them and trust me I felt the difference, the Stallion was more eager to respond without fretting. The wheels may not be visually appealing but my purpose is solved. Some pictures of my Stallion.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-front_20191103_160320.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-p_20191103_192054.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-p_20191103_160236.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-p_20191104_205726.jpg  

theguardian is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 22:21   #5586
Distinguished - BHPian

Need some help guys, I have just booked a black Jag F pace. I’m looking to get aftermarket rims for the first time, yes till date I have always upgraded with OE options rims if at all. However, the Jag F pace rims in 20inch accessories options are quite boring and expensive. The standard rims aren’t ugly but 19inch look a tad small

The size I need is 20x8.5J 5/108

Need your help in suggesting good well priced brands available in India.

I do not want to compromise and go for low quality replica brands. I have checked out brands like Vossen but they are quite expensive. Momo is the only well priced good quality brands I’ve found. Sai mags website has the Momo revenge grey color available in my size for 25k per rim. Besides this I haven’t found many options in this size and price range. Can extend budget to some extent but don’t want to go very high

Last edited by Sahil : 30th November 2019 at 22:23.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 00:42   #5587
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Need some help guys, I have just booked a black Jag F pace. I’m looking to get aftermarket rims for the first time, yes till date I have always upgraded with OE options rims if at all. However, the Jag F pace rims in 20inch accessories options are quite boring and expensive. The standard rims aren’t ugly but 19inch look a tad small

I do not want to compromise and go for low quality replica brands. I have checked out brands like Vossen but they are quite expensive. Momo is the only well priced good quality brands I’ve found. Sai mags website has the Momo revenge grey color available in my size for 25k per rim. Besides this I haven’t found many options in this size and price range. Can extend budget to some extent but don’t want to go very high
Have you considered the classics? BBS or OZ? TSW and Borbet make some good wheels too. The forged ones are expensive, but worth it.
Old 1st December 2019, 08:40   #5588
BHPian

Here are my stock alloys of the Duster AWD with 235/60/R16 Rubber.

The stickers are ordered from Aliexpress and cost about $12. Application was DIY from yours truly.
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-45988076308b46b6aeb9cb415959ba57.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-6ef63f843e4c461ea62123d4396182d0.jpg

P.S: The tyres are Maxxis Bravo AT, stickers are misleading. Was unable to find Maxxis stickers, hence ordered these

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Had been wanting to do this for years. Finally got a set of alloys for my 2013 XUV. Have retained the same tyre size (235/65 R17).
Got the alloys from Chakra / Sai Mag , New Delhi. Two tyres were showing uneven wear so replaced those too (visible up front)
Hey Bunny, I saw your car(and you driving it) the other day on my way to work, Janakpuri to Gurgaon. Just realized it was you after seeing these pics. I was in my Duster.

The alloys look neat!

Last edited by SmartCat : 1st December 2019 at 08:57. Reason: merged post
revved_up is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 09:14   #5589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Maybe try calling Crave Design for your car? Its a tire shop where i always see exotic and supercars getting their work done and they post a lot of beautiful rims on their Insta page. Check them out if you wish.
Old 12th December 2019, 01:39   #5590
BHPian

My ride runs on stallion.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-picsart_071410.26.46.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-picsart_071410.20.36.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-picsart_071410.22.23.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-picsart_071410.23.44.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th December 2019 at 04:34. Reason: Spacing added.
SuperSuri is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 15:17   #5591
Senior - BHPian

Had the stock alloys of my friend's swift, painted gold with calipers/drums red. Goes really well with midnight blue color of the car.
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-s1.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-s2.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-s3.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-s4.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-s5.jpg
badboyscad is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 11:23   #5592
BHPian

So, what about tyres? Did you weigh-in lighter tyres too?

Appreciate your taking the time to reply to my question.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguardian View Post
Hello brethren

So after almost 7 months of owning a Nissan Kicks, I decided to install a set of alloys. The need was purely functional rather than cosmetic.
Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire post. It inconveniences our mobile users.
We advise you to read our Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd December 2019 at 06:06.
Old 22nd December 2019, 14:29   #5593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvsben View Post
So, what about tyres? Did you weigh-in lighter tyres too?

Appreciate your taking the time to reply to my question.

Cheers!
Hello buddy,

Yes, I did measure tire weight of other brands but they were of 205/65 R16 (Stock is 215/65 R16). Here is the data:

Goodyear: 9.950 Kg
Kumho: 9.850 Kg
Continental: 9.210 Kg
Yokohoma:10.570 Kg
Hankook: 10.10 Kg

There is a marginal difference of -1.9% in the diameter when compared with stock tires, which I believe falls under permissible limit.

But I didn't go for low spec tires, the reason; my Kicks was pulling to the left and the authorized service diagnosed that the stock Apollo tires had a defect so they replaced all 5 tires with new Bridgestone tires under warranty. Since then the driving comfort has improved so postponed my decision of going for low specification tires.
theguardian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 15:12   #5594
BHPian

Spotted this Ford Endeavor yesterday at Visakhapatnam. Elegant looking alloys. Couldn't get the make of the alloys.
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-endy1.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-endy2.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-endy3.jpg
TorqueTwist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 15:42   #5595
Senior - BHPian

For these big SUVs I somehow like OEM looking aftermarket rims.

PS: Please mask the number plate.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-20191228_153557.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-20191228_153533.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks