Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2006, 10:45   #16
BHPian

Yea, thats correct. As satya had driven both the upsizes the one he has and the goldie's car!!..

satya, would be better if you can tell abt the ride quality and whateva things that need to be taken care.
Old 24th March 2006, 10:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$#
One of our bhp-ians has taken the 195\45\14 route for his E-Zen. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post196755

Satya, since you have driven both, I think you should be able to tell us more about the ride quality. Was there too much of a difference? Will he need to be careful while going over pot-holes\speed-breakers etc? Also were his tyres Hankook Ventus? The only other tyre I have seen of this size is Toyo but it was sourced from the US.

Also, I checked the upsize using the tyre-calculator available at http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbi...yre_bible.html and it is well within the recommended upsize in terms of overall rolling dia.

2 cars here have r14's ...even iceman's e-zen had 14 inchers ...another b-zen from mumbai which won the recent drag race beating even turbo city's has 185/55r13 ...

amitoj is using 24 psi ...and he says the ride is wokay ......i was soo excited about driving his car ...that i forgot to switch on the lights and also to close the bonnet properly ...

yeah those are hankook's...

about speed breakers ...i cannot say much ..... as teh supension has been stiffened and it has been raised in teh rear....

but i feel for eveyday use 165/60 will be more than enough ...

about pot holes ...i think he might have to be careful as i have lost 4 of my 60 profile tires due to potholes and stones..as the 195/45 tires will have about 88mm side wall while the 165/60 tires have 99mm side wall

the OE 145/80r12 has 116 mm side wall

Last edited by speedsatya : 24th March 2006 at 11:05.
Old 24th March 2006, 15:46   #18
BHPian

So being in safer side by getting 165/60 would be a good thinking... rather going for some high upsizing and facing unwanted issues later on.. coz messing up with rims and tyre is not allways gud!!

Also keepin an eyes on what you said about pat holes and stones, coz leaving main roads in blore, all otha roads are in so damn freaked out condition!!

And like satya said, getting 13-14 in blore city driving is a pretty gud FE.. what was the FE that ur car was giving b4 u gone for the upsize!.

i've jus pfilled ma car with full tank, need to see how gud is ma engine on FE..
Old 25th March 2006, 06:14   #19

i think u shud go for 175/60/r13..i am running onthe same and hvnt faced any problems.personally prefer 195/45/r14 ...2 of my freinds are running on 14inchers and they havnt faced much problems except when there are 4 or more people.and as for your tyres GIII should be the best option.
Old 28th March 2006, 12:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_or_die
i think u shud go for 175/60/r13..i am running onthe same and hvnt faced any problems.personally prefer 195/45/r14 ...2 of my freinds are running on 14inchers and they havnt faced much problems except when there are 4 or more people.and as for your tyres GIII should be the best option.
hmm!!.. different opts from diff people!!... Aniways, i need to see those 14 inchers ... would like to drive tho! ..
Old 26th April 2006, 13:52   #21
BHPian

Hi All,

I bought a second hand zen 2003 2 weeks back, and i wanted to mod it up. I was looking for the correct tyre profiles.....Thanks to u all....I have made up my mind to go for a 165/60/r13 bridge stone potenza G3s with 5J alloys...

Now if possible could u guyz pls tell me how much could the cost come upto...and where shall i get it done...

Again, thanks guyz.....
Old 26th April 2006, 14:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
amitoj is using 24 psi ...and he says the ride is wokay ......
Actually, these days i am using 28 and ride quality is still quite good. In fact, it was the recent drive to Hyderabad that i realised that potholes need to be a lot bigger and wider now for me to feel them
But anyways, my car had gone in not just for a tyre upgrade but a whoolllle lotta other stuff.
So, if people are looking to just upgrade their tyres on zen, then stick to 13 inchers max.

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 26th April 2006, 14:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Actually, these days i am using 28
Amitoj, is there a criteria for changing tyre-pressure when you upsize or is it just trial and error to get the perfect ride quality and feel? Also what was the impact on mileage, better rim protection etc., when you went up from 24 to 28?
Old 26th April 2006, 14:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Its more of a trial and error, Santhosh... at least for me.
Mileage slightly improved but i dont watch my mileage with a magnifying glass anyways... so dont quote me on that
Pickup improves a bit and so does handling.
Lower tyre pressure was primarily for absorbing the bumps on the roads. But now that they have resurfaced Bannerghatta road to a laaarge extent, i dont need to worry about them much.
Going from 24 to 28 on my tires ideally should result in better pickup, improved FE and better handling, but a slightly harsher ride at very low speeds.
But the improvements will need to be measured to be sure... which i havent done.

Amitoj
Old 27th April 2006, 11:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha
I'm plannig to put spacers to my zen as it's eating my tyre(tyre exterior is touching the rear body). Can someone suggest me the best place in Bangalore to get this done & also i want my car to be tuned up.
P S Y C H O!!
He is especially famous for the "quickies" he gives to cars in terms of tune up!

Amitoj
Old 27th April 2006, 11:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WOW,
Can i have his address ?
He is an active member here... send him a pm. username psycho
Old 27th April 2006, 13:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm plannig to put spacers to my zen as it's eating my tyre(tyre exterior is touching the rear body). Can someone suggest me the best place in Bangalore to get this done & also i want my car to be tuned up.

what tires do you have and on what rims ??????
Old 27th April 2006, 13:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've 145/80 R13 MRF ZVT.... it's on 13" alloys

are u sure its 80 profile ?????zen comes with 70 profile in 13 inch and 80 profile in 12 inch .....

the tire that you have mentioned has bigger OD that the OE tires ,these used to come onthe fiat uno.

and what size rims are you using ??????i am talking about the thickness in J...is it 5j ,5.5j ???????

the zen does not require any modifications to its supension when 145mm tire is used ..
Old 27th April 2006, 15:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

dude the link aint working. It says "Album not found"
Old 29th April 2006, 06:47   #30
BHPian

hei guys .. was out for a lil while ... read through the post and i see how you guys have made ma thread active. Things all of you discussing helps me a lot too in selecting my tyre and upsize. I'll be able to do that only after 3 or 4 months once i get back to india.

hei Sush, nicely maintaned car..

why dont you tune up your car once. psycho would be the rite choice for this. Also as satya said 145 doesnt require suspension, as i run on the same in bangalore. but it's allways good to tune up coz ya know the bumps and ptholes in bangalore road.

About the heightening part.. satya what you say? ... i too wanna knw abt this..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks