Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2014, 19:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delay in shipment by TYREONWHEELS online tyre store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
When talking about cargo / consignment, Port / Dock does not have to mean a sea-port. It may have been true when shipments were by sea only. Not anymore, since a lot of cargo also comes by air.
True that. Even when you are taking a flight to an outside country, the forms given state "port of entry".

By the way, this is the second instance of a service provider replying to the customer after a post is made on TBHP. Though it is good that TBHP is able to get them to act, should we not have something to track such vendors to warn people of future transactions?
Old 30th May 2014, 16:03   #17
anb
BHPian

Cheating By online tyre store www.tyreonwheels.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post

EDIT:
The tyreonwheels has contacted me and ensured that they will ship the tyres as soon as possible after seeing my post. The delay was due to the shortage of newly manufactured tyres. I request Moderators to delete this post or move to appropriate section
Actually the matter was not resolved. After seeing my post in team-bhp , They called me and lied to me that there were shipped on the same day(16/05/14) and gave me a AWB NO. They AWB no was not working. Today only it is worked and it is showing that the tyre were shipped only on 27/05/2014. So it has been more than one month since the payment. I recommend no one to buy anything from these frauds.
Attached Thumbnails
TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews-first.jpg  

TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews-secondlast.jpg  

TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews-last.jpg  

anb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 18:30   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

re: TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews

Looks like TyreOnWheels.com is certainly not reliable.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hvku...2374673259565/

TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews-fullscreen-capture-18072014-182834.bmp.jpg
SS-Traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 12:35   #19
BHPian

re: TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews

I have been searching for Michelin Sirac Street 100/90-18 for my RD350 in Bangalore and Cochin with no luck. I was glad to see them in stock with this vendor and went ahead purchasing it 1 hour ago. As stupid as I can get, I just bumped into this thread right after completing the transaction. I feel terrible to read the reviews here. Hoping a safe transaction and keeping fingers crossed!
aa_asif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 12:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Checked the site and the rates are competitive.

Yet, some thing seemed amiss.

"Port in Delhi"- Are they taking us for a ride or are they referring to Yamuna Ghat as a Port?

Also, from innumerable Facebook posts and online forums, they do not look to be reliable at all. Best avoided or go for the Cash on fitment option.
Old 24th August 2014, 15:06   #21
BHPian

Read changemytyre and tyreonwheels reviews here and decided for WYSIWYG dealer purchase even if it means a higher price.
Old 24th August 2014, 18:54   #22
BHPian

Guys thanks for sharing your experiences.
I checked out the website and narrowed down to a set of tyres for my bike. Next came here to read reviews before laying down any money. Now to look out for another source.
I wish the concept works out in the future though.
Old 24th August 2014, 20:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Why would anyone buy tyres online unless you are ordering some exotic tyres from out of the country. You will need to go to a tyre guy with balancing equipment anyway to get them fixed as fixing tyres and not balancing them just wont work and you will be charged for the same. Alignment too should be done so that the new tyres don't wear out unevenly if there is an alignment error for which again there are charges.

All this would be free if you brought tyres from the tyre guy. One shot, everything gets done. New tyres, alignment + balancing plus you get to see the tyres you are buying, the date of manufacture, their condition etc etc.
humyum is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 14:09   #24
BHPian

Fight still going on..

I ordered a Michelin 90/100-18 from their website (Order#: TOW5964Aug444289) on 18th August 2014.The Order status till date is still shown as "Processing". My constant follow up with their so called Customer Service department had shockingly different answers to give. Initially, the reaction was the Tyre is out of stock hence they are giving a refund. 1 day after that (22nd Aug)I got a call from their operations department saying that they have found the stock and the Tyre is dispatched immediately through Air Cargo and I would be getting the Tyre on 25th Aug at any cost. I started my follow ups again on 25th Aug and to my surprise they said that the tyre will be shipped only on 25th Aug and they gave a FALSE TRACKING NUMBER (Professional Courier: DEL108191075). When this tracking number was not working for more than 24 hours, I started my follow ups again and they said the tracking number has been changed to DEL108191131 which till date doesn't work. Nobody knows where my Tyre as of today. I am going to file a case in the consumer court for the lose of my time and effort.

EDIT: Now they have blocked me from writing a review on their Facebook page too.

Last edited by aa_asif : 28th August 2014 at 14:11.
aa_asif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 14:32   #25
Team-BHP Support

So this is what it has come to huh! TyresOnWheels.com is a cheat company... It has to be if there are so many complaints against them! And if they do things like provide fraudulent AWB numbers, block people's call and even block people on their website or their social page then obviously they have started digging their own grave.

Be careful guys. By the way, how is the other one? ChangeMyTyres or something? Any experiences?
Old 28th August 2014, 16:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
So this is what it has come to huh! TyresOnWheels.com is a cheat company...
I haven't done any transaction with Changemytyre.com but they seems to be more reputed than this one. Michelin SIRAC 100/90R18 is a rare to find tyre these days due to short supply. I have tried with many dealerships in Bangalore and Cochin with absolutely no luck. I was in a hurry to get this tyre as the rebuild project of my RD350 is coming to an end. I simply couldn't resist when I saw this tyre as "In stock" in their website. Now look what soup I have fallen into. Sigh!
Old 24th September 2014, 14:46   #27

Extremely poor experience with tyreonwheels.com. I called their phone support last night to place an order for 245/75/R16 tyres, and the agent confirmed the availability and shipping options to NCR. However, the order could not be placed last night, as it was rather late.

This morning, I called them again, and mentioned the details, and the guy informed me that although they have required the tyre in stock, they cannot sell to me, for some reason. I found this rather unsettling, as we had confirmed that order+shipment was possible last night. When I tried to explain further, guy just hung up!

Called again, same guy, hung up again!

Called again, another guy, tried to explain, hung up again!

And the extreme irony is their mission statement.
Attached Thumbnails
TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews-mission.jpg  

Manjeet_Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 17:56   #28
BHPian

Holy Cow!! Saved by the skin of my teeth I should say.

I was browsing for a set of 5 tyres for my Honda City and chanced upon this site. Was quite enthused seeing mobile fitting services etc as I felt it would save me time.

But something happened that was a sign for me to halt and check back on my trusted source of info - Team-BHP.

When I narrowed down on Yokohoma tyres, a set of 4 was quoted at 17xxx. On the details page, it mentioned 'request now' instead of saying 'in-stock'. I therefore added it to wishlist and went back to add 1 additional tyre (I was looking for 5 to replace my stock Michelins which have run 60k). This time the tyres suddenly appeared in stock and the prices had gone up. The set of 4 was now 18324 (for 5 the difference was up 2k) within a matter of a couple of minutes.
The Gujju in me said, hang on, why pay 2k more, lets look for a better deal.

Thats when I decided to search google with the string tyresonwheel + team-bhp and landed here. Glad that I trusted my instincts and didnt fall for it.

Lesson learnt - go with cash on delivery, thats the best way to deal with unknown ecommerce sites.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 18:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Looks like they are trying to follow some kind of a pricing strategy based on what you order? Like on the numerous e commerce sites which automatically revise prices based on the demand?

Anyways llooking at the experiences, I think it's safer to stay away from such entities. Better to spend a day with the friendly neighbourhood tyre shop smelling the rubber and seeing it being fitted. Much more involved, safer and satisfying.
Old 14th December 2014, 22:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Why would anyone buy tyres online unless you are ordering some exotic tyres from out of the country. You will need to go to a tyre guy with balancing equipment anyway to get them fixed as fixing tyres and not balancing them just wont work and you will be charged for the same. Alignment too should be done so that the new tyres don't wear out unevenly if there is an alignment error for which again there are charges.

All this would be free if you brought tyres from the tyre guy. One shot, everything gets done. New tyres, alignment + balancing plus you get to see the tyres you are buying, the date of manufacture, their condition etc etc.
humyum,
Trust me on this one, exotic tyres are not available online in India, in fact they're not available at all in most circumstances (unless they're used by an OEM in India). Besides, websites always go for mainstream business.

As for balancing, their "How its work" video (that's their version of 'How it Works', I guess) flies past a shot of a tyre balancing machine and a weight being attached to the tyre. Actually, it really got me thinking if such machines can even maintain their calibration being lugged around in a van all day?

On the whole, I think the whole doorstep tyre fitment solution is a bit 'too good to be true' and the pathetic feedback about this new website only reinforces this feeling for me.

Thank You to all who have provided their feedback and helped the rest of us learn without burning our fingers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks