Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2013, 15:33   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews

Related Thread : Changemytyre.com

New Delhi-based TyreOnWheels.com has launched its tyre e-commerce website with "Mobile Tyre Fitting Service". Car and bike owners can buy tyres online and get them fitted through fully equipped mobile vans manned by trained personnel at their house, work or anywhere!

You can book a date, time and location of your choice. TyreOnWheels will deliver and fit the tyres at your place. Their mobile vans are equipped to change tyres, tubeless valves and balance wheels.

The mobile tyre fitting vans operate in Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida and Ghaziabad only. The company plans to roll out a network of mobile tyre fitting vans in all major cities in the coming months.

TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews-tyreonwheels.jpg

Last edited by Eddy : 9th October 2013 at 21:52.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 21:17   #2
BHPian

re: TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews

It's a nice concept started by them of fitting the tyres at our provided location, working at an MNC I hardly get any time to take care of my car as I'm off only on the weekends and that's when I try to spend most of my time with the family.

I placed an order with them yesterday and got the tyres fitted at my office today in Nehru Place. I had ordered the Bridgestone Turanza ER370 for my Honda Accord I had visited a tyre outlet in khan market last week and I was quoted Rs. 8800, I Also checked with a few Bridgestone select dealers and they also quoted me Rs. 8600. I got to know about tyreonwheels.com when I was at the red light in Panscheel Park and I saw their fitting van also there having the website address printed all over. I searched for the website when I got home and searched for the tyres by choosing the vehicle make, model & variant and found that the price was quoted as Rs. 8305 even less then the price quoted to me by the most reputed dealers in the city. I ordered online and entered the fitting details with time and location and got the order confirmation by them today in the morning. I chose to pay 20% on the website and rest at the time of fitting by cash. They also charged Rs. 500 for getting the tyres fitted and offered the chrome valves for free.

They had a professional team who came to fit the tyres. I showed them where the car was parked and gave them the keys and got back to the office and within an hour I got a call from them that they have fitted all the tyres and I can come downstairs and have a look. They gave me the tax invoice and their car also carried a debit / credit card swipe machine if I opted to pay the remaining amount by card and not cash.

I remember I had seen the mobile fitting concept in Australia when I was there to visit my brother and bringing such a fantastic concept to India is pretty difficult.

So overall, a positive experience and I was able to get the tyres I wanted for my car at reasonable prices and without wasting my weekend.

I would like to give my best wishes to the team for starting such an initiative.
purge is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 11:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews

Nice to know about this new facility. However, most users also opt for Nitrogen filling at the time of tyre change, apart from wheel balancing/ alignment. I wish they offered this facility too, though it does appear they are offering WB for the present.

I wonder how a mobile van can get wheels balanced, as the normal paraphernalia may not fit into it.

Edit: wait a minute, I guess they can have a wheel balancer in the van, but not the equipment needed for wheel alignment.

Last edited by vnabhi : 1st February 2013 at 11:42.
Old 6th February 2013, 01:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Get car tyres replaced at your doorstep from Delhi based startup, TyreOnWheels

Process of replacing car tyres is not an easy affair and requires anywhere between 1-2 hours to get the fittings done and am sure we all would have wished to have such services available at the doorstep.

Delhi based TyreOnWheels has made the entire process of replacing tyre easy as it offers tyres across all car segment like Sedan, SUV, hatchback along with mobile fitting service. Users can request mobile fitting via online and call centre. Through mobile fitting service, TyreOnWheels fits new tyres at the location, date and time provided by the customer.

To facilitate mobile fitting, TyreOnWheels has its own vans and mechanics. On payment front, the startup accepts only online (including net banking debit and credit cards) payment.

The startup wants to become one stop shop for all Indian and international brands under its roof at competitive prices. Currently, TyreOnWheels offers more than 750 SKUs in car category and 90 in motorcycle across brands like Good Year, Michelin, CEAT, JKTyre, MRF amongst several others.

Malhotra, TyreOnWheels offers services like mobile fitting of tyres, delivery service, wheel alignment, balancing and battery replacement. Users can choose tyres by feeding details such as vehicle make, model and variant.

TyreOnWheels provides mobile fitting services across Delhi (NCR) and claims to deliver tyres across the country for free. The startup has launched in beta a week back and talking about traction so far, Puneet Malhotra, founder and CEO, TyreOnWheels mentions that the company is getting 4-5 orders on everyday basis.

Apart from tyres and mobile fitting service, TyreOnWheels provide comprehensive tyre information, buying and care guide, their tyre care guide entails various driving and maintenance tips.

As of now, TyreOnWheels is being bootstrapped by founders. With 12 members team, TyreOnWheels plans to roll out its mobile fitting services in Mumbai, Bangalore and Pune in next 4 months. “We also plan to expand our portfolio by adding battery, car accessories and alloy wheels from the other categories”, concluded Puneet.

(Source)

Last edited by noopster : 6th February 2013 at 12:00. Reason: Merged into existing thread. Please check before starting a new thread.
Old 7th February 2013, 12:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

Good option of having one more online shop. But I found the same tyre to be 500 bucks less in changemytyre.com website. Not trying to compare but just thinking aloud.

So if the prices are higher plus extra cost for fitting, its better to go for offline shopping. These websites will be good for browsing for tires but this tire industry as of now is still nascent when it comes to online purchases.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 12:17   #6
Team-BHP Support

This seems like a good website, the prices seem good and they seem to have an even larger stock than changemytyre. Also the idea is good, I think this website is going to do well.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 02:22   #7
BHPian

I had an pleasant experience buying tyres yesterday.

My older MRF ZLO on Fiat Grande Punto Sport had peeled off a tread and I needed to get my tyres changed urgently.

As i had used their services before for my Accord. I checked on the website and decided to go ahead with 195/60R15 Michelin Primacy 3 and the price quoted was 5925/- and these tyres were not available anywhere in NCR as i enquired from all the top dealers in whole of NCR as I wanted to go for this specific tyre. I guess these guys have these tyres exclusively available with them.

I also decided to change my stock rims and go for alloy wheels and I surprisingly found HRS Alloy wheels on their website and decided to go for 15" HRS H-536 Dull Black which was for 5555/-.

Since i was going for a combo so i called their customer care and asked for some discount and they were happy to give me 5% discount.

I got both the wheels and the tyres for 54,500/- inclusive of all the taxes and Free mobile fitting which was provided to me right at my house.

Their team who came to install the alloys and tyres were very professional and they helped me guide everything and asked me to rotate the tyres after every 10,000 KMs so that i get maximum tyre life. They also told me that they have started their services in Bangalore and that they are expanding to all the cities across India.

I would recommend everyone to consider them before they plan to change their tyres and as I was told by their customer support team that they would beat any pricing that is being quoted by dealers across India. I think that this company would do wonders in India.

Overall - a very pleasant experience

Last edited by purge : 20th September 2013 at 02:25. Reason: Spelling mistake
purge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 19:52   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Parth Zaveri shares his unpleasant experience:

Quote:
Hi,

I wanted to share my experience with you, with tyreonwheels.com an online tyre dealer in India from whom I bought a set of tyres from, after reading about them on your site.

I was looking for a particular set of tyres which weren't available anywhere in Mumbai.

Then after reading about this site on team-bhp, I decided to check them out. They had the particular tyre I wanted in stock as per their site, which I confirmed with them via a phone call.

The next day, I called them and re checked on the phone if they actually had the tyres in stock before I made the payment in full, they assured me of them being in stock so I made the payment. I paid them the amount in full even though they had increased the prices of the tyres within the time I had called them and I placed the order, but I still went ahead as they said they had those tyres with them for ready delivery.
Also, they assured me that the tyres would be delivered within a week's time.

However, 10 days later I was still without tyres. I called them everyday and spoke to a Mr.Sunil kumar who kept assuring me that the tyres were on the way.

Then on the 11th day I got a call from another person Mr. Rajat saying that the truck carrying the tyres has been caught and that they ll send a new set of tyres the very next day. I should've cancelled the order at that time but I didn't and waited for them to ship the tyres, however a week passed and after numerous phone calls and emails without replies I was given a tracking number and told that the tyres have been shipped and will be there in a further 5 days.

However today 7 days later I'm still without tyres, I called tyreonwheels to talk to Mr.Rajat who had assured me that they would ship a new set but he doesn't come on the phone anymore. I called up professional couriers also, with whom they had sent the tyres and they told me that the tracking number was bogus.

This means that I have been made a fool of, for the past 3 weeks.

I sent them two emails today asking for my money back, but still haven't got a reply from them.

However, I will do my best to get my money back.

The reason for narrating this to you was to ensure that other members of team-bhp do not fall for this trap and don't order tyres from tyreonwheels.com.

I have a list of all the email conversations with them and all the emails I have sent to them without a reply. I can show them to you for proof, if you do not trust me, as I'm not out to malign someone's name. But I do feel cheated and hope others don't have to go through the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Parth Zaveri
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 22:23   #9
BHPian

I ordered a set of wheels from the website. I got a order number from them and surprisingly, there was no amount debited from my account. I tried tracking the purchase using the order number that was provided and it just said the order did not exist. I left it at that thinking the transaction failed and started finding alternatives for buying wheels.

I thank my stars for not buying another set of wheels. About a week later, the money is debited and the courier is at my doorstep with the wheels.

I was out of station at the time and the wheels were kept with my brother for 2 days. When i open the package, the wheels are damaged. I send them an e-mail about this and also photographs of the damage. They reply saying that they will take this up with the courier as the wheels were fine when it left their warehouse.

Later when i call, i am told to send additional photographs of the damage. Not wanting a sour taste, i discontinued any follow-ups and mounted tyres on the damaged wheels as is. Thank fully, the damage is no significant enough to hamper performance, but this is not what i paid hard-earned money for.

Never dealing with them again!!
lucifer919 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 16:38   #10

Avoid at all costs....bad bad bad experience

the site tyreonwheels.com

I was looking to change the wheels/tyres for my car and came across this site. The other site was changemytyres.com which I was looking at and this site seemed to offer a better deal. (cost and variety)

- Placed order on 23rd March requesting fitment on 29th, the website said this is feasible, no order confirmation received on email, no call from customer care to confirm...NOTHING.
- Total cost of 5 Yokohama tyres and 5 X2 alloys came upto 41K INR, with additional 500 INR
- On 27th March, their operations person, Sunil, messages on whatsapp (***!) and says the alloys I ordered are not available. I enquired why the delay in order confirmation letter and that there was ZERO communication from their side right from the time money was paid. His answer was "Sorry but someone should have called you, anyway, now choose which replacement you want"
- Again, no communication after that
- 29th March, I was sitting at home waiting, canceled all my appointments just to accommodate this. Again, I heard nothing from these irresponsible audacious people about my order. Logged into their site and checked my order status, to my horror, the alloys were still IN TRANSIT
- Messaged the guy on whatsapp again, since their customer care line was permanently busy, he says "sorry, we will fit it on Tuesday" - more like a "take it or leave it", and he wanted me to keep myself free on Tuesday
- My question to him was that why I was not informed if there was a delay and that they cannot take my time for granted, he says "alloys were not in Bangalore, had to be shipped"....well, you can ship it from Mars and I don't give a damn, there is a way to talk.
- I tell him fit it on Tuesday to whoever is free and waiting for you, then he stops talking. AWESOME!
- Called customer care and informed of this, same behavior from that guy too, except probably he is lower in the hierarchy and did not show so much of an attitude. But he said the more interesting part "I understand your problem, but we don't work on sunday, so please make time on Tuesday"....wow!

For 7 days from the date of order, all communication regarding delivery was initiated by me because I was concerned about the transaction. Not once I heard from them about the order or the delay and finally this!

These guys are a startup and with such lousy behavior, I doubt they will go too far. First of all, as a customer I felt:

1. Extremely disrespected
2. My time was taken for granted
3. The behavior was extremely unwelcoming, as if, they are doing me favor
4. No sense of understanding of the inconvenience they caused to me
5. The company people were extremely irresponsible, negligent, arrogant and audacious

In an age where even a 300 rupee order on Flipkart is treated with dignity, a transaction for INR 41000 returns this kind of response. And to say, these guys are just starting up.

I tried following up at least 6 times with their Customer care guys, today to get a confirmation on whether or not they can do the fitting today, and got a response that left me shocked "We have moved your date to Tuesday or Wednesday, i hope you understand not to keep following up....someone will inform you"

I suggest that no one deals with these guys and you will only end up feeling frustrated and helpless, because once you have paid, its all theirs to take you for a ride.
nandakalyan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 17:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

A good start which could/would have been a huge money making business is slowly going down the drain due to lacks ill managed people running the show. Sigh ! Someone grant me an opportunity like this and I will forget my personal life for some years and make this run like a knife cutting through butter
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 13:51   #12
anb
BHPian

Received old stock tyres.

I ordered four tyres and received them last week. But these tyres were manufactured on 44 th week of 2012. That is one and a half year old tyres.Feeling cheated. I would recommend no one to buy tyres from this site.

Last edited by anb : 15th April 2014 at 13:57.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 15:33   #13
anb
BHPian

Delay in shipment by 'TyreOnWheels' online tyre store. EDIT: Issue solved!

Hi,

One of my friends booked tyres from www.tyreonwheels.com on 28/04/2014 by paying full amount. It has been 18 days after the payment. There has been no response after may 2 even after repeated inquiries. Can someone help us in this matter?

EDIT:
The tyreonwheels has contacted me and ensured that they will ship the tyres as soon as possible after seeing my post. The delay was due to the shortage of newly manufactured tyres. I request Moderators to delete this post or move to appropriate section

Last edited by anb : 16th May 2014 at 15:59.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 15:59   #14
Team-BHP Support

Re: Delay in shipment by TYREONWHEELS online tyre store.

Dock of Delhi Port? Since when did Delhi relocate to a coastal area?! Perhaps they meant Mumbai.

What is the present status of the consignment? Did you call them up on the number given on their website? Perhaps they are awaiting customs clearance.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 18:50   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delay in shipment by TYREONWHEELS online tyre store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Dock of Delhi Port? Since when did Delhi relocate to a coastal area?! Perhaps they meant Mumbai.
When talking about cargo / consignment, Port / Dock does not have to mean a sea-port. It may have been true when shipments were by sea only. Not anymore, since a lot of cargo also comes by air.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks