Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2020, 11:10   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I had a puncture (sidewall tear) recently and had to replace a tire, which made me use the spare for a few kms. As the spare is a space saver, I had to replace the tire immediately.

My question is, has someone upgraded the spare to the regular tire size - either 175/65R15 or 195/60R15 ? the spare wheel well looks big enough to accommodate a full sized wheel+tire to my naked eyes. Is it possible?
Old 16th July 2020, 20:09   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I had a puncture (sidewall tear) recently and had to replace a tire, which made me use the spare for a few kms. As the spare is a space saver, I had to replace the tire immediately.

My question is, has someone upgraded the spare to the regular tire size - either 175/65R15 or 195/60R15 ? the spare wheel well looks big enough to accommodate a full sized wheel+tire to my naked eyes. Is it possible?
Hi blackasta,

My dad's jazz is running on 195/60/R15s . However, we have never suffered a puncture till date. So I am not sure about whether the tyre will fit in the wheelwell.

Another point to note is that our city is also running the same setup (195/60R15). The tyre sits in the wheel well without any issues
Old 17th July 2020, 01:30   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaught View Post
Only thing which seems to be clear is to upsize to 195/60 from stock 175/65 getting better ride quality and increased GC.
I'm running my 2011 Jazz on 195/60 Michelin Energy XM 2s. Extremely happy with the way they have performed over the past 20k odd km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Why don't you remove a regular full size tyre off your car and try fitting it in the spare wheel well?

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 17th July 2020 at 01:31.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 12:12   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Why don't you remove a regular full size tyre off your car and try fitting it in the spare wheel well?
Maybe shall try in a few year's time when I decide to get new tires !
Old 18th July 2020, 12:02   #170
BHPian

Guess during these times , everything that can go wron g is going wrong .
My Jazz needs 2 tyres replaced urgently and as they have ran for 34km already should I get all 4 replaced?
My car has Good Year assurance and as Jazz rarely crosses 120kmph and is mostly for city use Intend to get the same again.
Please advise if I should get all the 4 replaced or only the 2 of them.

PS: I live in JVLR, Mumbai and would appreciate if someone could help me with a good tyre dealer nearby.
Old 19th July 2020, 02:05   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks_Jazz View Post
Guess during these times , everything that can go wron g is going wrong .
My Jazz needs 2 tyres replaced urgently and as they have ran for 34km already should I get all 4 replaced?
My car has Good Year assurance and as Jazz rarely crosses 120kmph and is mostly for city use Intend to get the same again.
Please advise if I should get all the 4 replaced or only the 2 of them.

PS: I live in JVLR, Mumbai and would appreciate if someone could help me with a good tyre dealer nearby.
Are you going to go with stock 175/65 R15? Most people would recommend you stay away from the Goodyears and look at the Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Bluearth or else Earth 1. You can compare prices on Amazon - the Bluearths are tremendous VFM in my opinion.
If you do buy online, you can fit them yourselves / neighborhood tyre guy and then get them balanced / aligned for under 1k.
deepakv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 02:08   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaught View Post
Hi all,
Planning to upgrade tyres of my 2012 Jazz whenever the lockdown ends. After going through this thread and other tyre threads on the forum, I'm confused between the following as I'm somewhat of a noob here . Appreciate any inputs on this:
1. Michelin XM2+ or Primacy
2. MRF Perfinza
3. Continental MC5
4. Yokohama Earth-1 or BluEarth

Only thing which seems to be clear is to upsize to 195/60 from stock 175/65 getting better ride quality and increased GC.

I live in Bangalore and given the current road conditions, would prefer going for better durability rather than performance. Also, driving is mostly in the city and less than 5k per year.
Hi, i have recently installed MRF Perfinza 195/60 R15 in my jazz. My jazz came with XM1 Michelin n lasted about 34000km before cracks started developing due to age and rotting. Anyways, coming to the Perfinza, these are supremely comfortable and silent tyres ! No two ways about that, this is the first impression the moment you roll out of the tyre shop. The grip levels are really good, i would say it is better than MC5(my friend has it in his punto) and maybe about 90% as good as the Primacy. I was in a similar dilema as you before purchasing, was confused between the Perfinza and Primacy3/4ST. The price quoted for the primacy was around 6200₹ and the MRF was 5400₹. Given that these MRFs perform at a similar level as Michelins i went ahead with it and have no regrets at all.
MRFs come with a fantastic 6years warranty! Michelins come with 3years(correct me if i am wrong). Since my running is pretty low(34k in 4.5years with 20k coming in at the first 2years) I think going with the MRFs was better, given that rotting&cracks usually sets in at around 4-5years in our weather conditions, the warranty would come handy. One thing that is unclear at the moment is how long it would last as these were launched only a few years back. Fellow BHPian and tyre expert Nikhil had them tested in his vRS and he had mentioned an expected longevity of 30-35k KMs. If it can last that long on that beast i assume it would last close to 40-45k KMs on our car. As far as durability is concerned, i think MRFs are definitely better suited for our roads than Michelins(especially Primacy).

Note: MRF's website states that the warranty is from the date of manufacture and not the date of invoice, howeve the dealer says otherwise. Just make sure you don't buy anything older than 8months. There will be a 4digit number inscribed on the outer tyre wall, the 1st two digits stands for the Week and the last two for Year of manufacture(eg 4019 = 40th week of 2019 i.e. October 2019).

Hope it helps ! Happy Driving
Suchu90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 08:39   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks_Jazz View Post
Why are you thinking of replacing only two tyres? Have you replaced the other two previously?

I always prefer changing all 4 tyres together. I like all my tyres to have similar tread pattern and wear. With regular rotation and alignment, we can prevent differential tyre wear, also enabling us to go for another set of 4 when the time comes.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 13:23   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchu90 View Post
Hope it helps ! Happy Driving
Awesome. Thanks for the sharing your experience! MRF makes more sense in my case as well given that my driving would be mostly within the city on the ladakh like roads of Bengaluru
Old 19th July 2020, 14:01   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Are you going to go with stock 175/65 R15? Most people would recommend you stay away from the Goodyears and look at the Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Bluearth or else Earth 1. You can compare prices on Amazon - the Bluearths are tremendous VFM in my opinion.
If you do buy online, you can fit them yourselves / neighborhood tyre guy and then get them balanced / aligned for under 1k.
Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I will have a look at the XM2 and Yoko too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchu90 View Post
Hi, i have recently installed MRF Perfinza 195/60 R15 in my jazz. My jazz came with XM1 Michelin n lasted about 34000km before cracks started developing due to age and rotting. Anyways, coming to the Perfinza, these are supremely comfortable and silent tyres ! No two ways about that, this is the first impression the moment you roll out of the tyre shop. The grip levels are really good, i would say it is better than MC5(my friend has it in his punto) and maybe about 90% as good as the Primacy. I was in a similar dilema as you before purchasing, was confused between the Perfinza and Primacy3/4ST. The price quoted for the primacy was around 6200₹ and the MRF was 5400₹. Given that these MRFs perform at a similar level as Michelins i went ahead with it and have no regrets at all.
MRFs do sound appropriate as Jazz CVT hardly calls for aggressive driving and these might just suffice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Why are you thinking of replacing only two tyres? Have you replaced the other two previously?

I always prefer changing all 4 tyres together. I like all my tyres to have similar tread pattern and wear. With regular rotation and alignment, we can prevent differential tyre wear, also enabling us to go for another set of 4 when the time comes.
I was just trying to get a second opinion. I will replace all 4 at the go ,as highlighted by you, I prefer tyres having similar wear and tear.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th August 2020 at 09:45. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 25th July 2020, 19:06   #176
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your inputs on the tyre options and the correct size.I have got MRF perfinza 195/60 r15 for my Jazz. Didn't really want to stretch it to michellin and based on the reviews MRF Perfinzas seemed to be a good fit. Will update after munching some miles.

Cost- 5350 each for the tyres and 200 each for the valves as a couple of them had developed cracks.
Old 25th August 2020, 20:55   #177
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz BS6 revealed. Bookings open

I am currently driving a 2015 jazz vx diesel and it's time to swap the wheels. Current set up is the stock one at 175/65 R15. What are the choices in terms of wheel size for me to upsize to .

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th August 2020 at 21:45. Reason: Moved your post and the related response to this thread. Please do a search - you may find it on Team-BHP! :) Thanks!
Old 25th August 2020, 21:22   #178
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz BS6 revealed. Bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache_aayush View Post
I am currently driving a 2015 jazz vx diesel and its time to swap the wheels. Current set up is the stock one at 175/65 R 15. What are the choices in terms of wheel size for me to upsize to . Sorry if this is off topic.
The most appropriate upgrade with least difference in speedo and odo readings is 195/60 R15. The same has also been done by many BHPians.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th August 2020 at 21:44. Reason: Moved the posts to the right thread. Please report the post for a faster course of action. Thanks!
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 12:56   #179
BHPian

I've seen the wheel size/width mentioned here for the steel rims at 5.5J earlier in this thread, could someone confirm if the alloy wheel width is the same? If yes, is it ideal for upgrade mentioned above? Wouldn't 6J be more suitable for 195 section tyres. Would a 0.5 inch difference matter? Thanks!
Old 28th August 2020, 09:43   #180

@RoadMonkey

The OEM alloy wheels of the Jazz are of width 5.5J. I have been using 195/60 tyres on the OEM wheels for the last 35k kms. Noticed no issues whatsoever with this wheel/tyre combination.
neeln8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks