Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 13:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I have been using the falken sincera tyres purchased online for my Corolla for the last 3 months (195/60 R15). Have clocked over 3k kms.

Initially I was facing this issue on a highway trip when the car would start swaying on turning at high speeds or braking. Came back to pune after a 1000kms trip and got the alignment and balancing done(had done just the alignment while changing the tyres from a different place) from my trusted tyre store. There was a lot of error found during the alignment. The balancing was done and the car behaves like it used to prior to the tyre change.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 10:28   #17
BHPian

Re: Falken Sincera: Excessive sidewall flex

I went to a local tyre shop yesterday and asked the guy to take a spin to understand the problem i was facing. He confirmed without any doubt that the issue is alignment. so i asked him to align and balance the wheels.

However, during balancing and alignment, no major discrepancy was noticed. I grew slightly suspicious at this point. Another strange thing was that after balancing and alignment was done, the same guy refused to go for another test drive, which was strange considering the enthu he showed before.

Finally while driving back, i realized that nothing has changed. The cloudy/balloony wallowing is still unchanged. Looks like this tyre was a bad choice.

So, I have confirmed the following

1) its not tyre pressure
2) its not alignment/balancing
3) nothing to do with the rims

And the options i have are,

1) Drive as is - not keen on this since i feel safety is compromised at some level at highway speeds

2) Exchange for new tyres - I cannot afford the difference between these and the newer better tyres plus depreciation on these tyres (driven 100kms already)

3) Contact Falken for warranty support - dont have much idea if this will work
Old 8th June 2016, 11:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster
Another strange thing was that after balancing and alignment was done, the same guy refused to go for another test drive, which was strange considering the enthu he showed before.
This itself proves that the guy did not take any positive measures (read proper balancing and alignment).

Please get the balancing and alignment done at reliable shop and see if the problem gets resolved or not.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 16:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
This itself proves that the guy did not take any positive measures (read proper balancing and alignment).

Please get the balancing and alignment done at reliable shop and see if the problem gets resolved or not.
I was actually watching the whole time. They did all balancing and alignment fine. The thing that bothers me is that he said this is an alignment issue but after completing it accurately (while i was watching), didnt want to sit in the car again. This is probably because he knew that the problem was not alignment and he pitched it to make a quick buck.

Anyways, another lesson learnt, never get anything done from Noida sector 16 car market.
Old 8th June 2016, 16:38   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it possible that the tyres you purchased were duplicates?
Old 8th June 2016, 16:46   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
I grew slightly suspicious at this point. Another strange thing was that after balancing and alignment was done, the same guy refused to go for another test drive, which was strange considering the enthu he showed before
I can confirm that the equipment is not calibrated to what it should be and also the guy doing job isn't honest IMO.

Take the car to any MRF T&S Centre and get the alignment/balancing done. They have the 'correct' values (Read OEM data for parameters) for the cars.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 14:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I can confirm that the equipment is not calibrated to what it should be and also the guy doing job isn't honest IMO.

Take the car to any MRF T&S Centre and get the alignment/balancing done. They have the 'correct' values (Read OEM data for parameters) for the cars.
Will do as suggested. This was the bridgestone typre shop in Sector 16, Noida. Dont go there folks!

And another thing. I am pretty sure that this doesnt have much to do with alignment. Its more to do with sidewalls just flexing because the floating flex is both from the front and rear. All 4 tyres are flexing excessively.
Old 13th June 2016, 13:19   #23
BHPian

Latest Update:

Went to BK tyres in Lajpat Nagar. The guy there is knowledgeable and listens. He told me that this much of an issue doest happen due to alignment. Nothing wrong with the size of the tyres and its just a bad quality product.

I have not sure how much of this i can believe. So looks like Contacting Falken is the only thing left to do then. In the end, you get what you pay for.
Old 13th June 2016, 13:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

What air pressure are you running at? Try upping the pressure by 2-3 psi and see if the flex reduces.
Old 13th June 2016, 14:21   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Latest Update:

Went to BK tyres in Lajpat Nagar. The guy there is knowledgeable and listens. He told me that this much of an issue doest happen due to alignment. Nothing wrong with the size of the tyres and its just a bad quality product.

I have not sure how much of this i can believe. So looks like Contacting Falken is the only thing left to do then. In the end, you get what you pay for.
Last month, I was researching for a tyre upgrade for my car and I came across Sincera. Surprisingly, I never found a single negative review of the tyre from the little research that I did. All of them varied from neutral to positive. While I deferred my purchase by a couple of months, I had kept these brands on my shortlist.

Can yours be a one-off case? Seems unlikely since it's a set of 4 tyres and not a single one. Contact Falken and ask for warranty replacement. Also check what is the market buy back.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 14:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Last month, I was researching for a tyre upgrade for my car and I came across Sincera. Surprisingly, I never found a single negative review of the tyre from the little research that I did. All of them varied from neutral to positive. While I deferred my purchase by a couple of months, I had kept these brands on my shortlist.

Can yours be a one-off case? Seems unlikely since it's a set of 4 tyres and not a single one. Contact Falken and ask for warranty replacement. Also check what is the market buy back.
I hardly found any reviews for this tyre. Nonetheless i went for them because of a very tight budget constraint. Could it be a one off case? same issue with all 4 tyres? i wouldnt call that a coincidence.

Yes i will get in touch with Falken on this. And see if warranty happens. And for now i am not considering exchange due to financial reasons.

But dont get me wrong, i like them at slower speeds for comfort and after 60kph, its plain scary.
Old 13th June 2016, 14:48   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I hardly found any reviews for this tyre. Nonetheless i went for them because of a very tight budget constraint. Could it be a one off case? same issue with all 4 tyres? i wouldnt call that a coincidence.

Yes i will get in touch with Falken on this. And see if warranty happens. And for now i am not considering exchange due to financial reasons.

But dont get me wrong, i like them at slower speeds for comfort and after 60kph, its plain scary.
How about getting the new set exchanged assuming your current set is replaced by Falken by a new set? I hope the new unused set will have very good buy back. You could pay a slight premium and get something better if things go the desired way.
Old 13th June 2016, 15:10   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
How about getting the new set exchanged assuming your current set is replaced by Falken by a new set? I hope the new unused set will have very good buy back. You could pay a slight premium and get something better if things go the desired way.
That can be done. Obviously best case scernario is that the new tyres Falken gives me ride well. But if they are just as bad, what does that mean about Falken products? Brand new products that are a safety risks being sold in open market.

That puts me on another track. Could it be that these tyres are counterfiet?
Old 13th June 2016, 15:36   #29
BHPian

I have been using Falken Sincera for 3K KMS on my 1st gen figo and haven't faced any issues. However it took me almost 3 days to get the tyre pressure to an optimum level, considering +1 upsize.

The stock recommended pressure (30 PSI) lead to too hard & bumpy ride. I did notice slight sidewall flex at 28, ONLY when the car is parked in an incline with the front facing downward. I assume this is because the front right tyre bears more load.

However I didn't see any issues while driving the car in terms of handling and comfort.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 15:58   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
I have been using Falken Sincera for 3K KMS on my 1st gen figo and haven't faced any issues. However it took me almost 3 days to get the tyre pressure to an optimum level, considering +1 upsize.

The stock recommended pressure (30 PSI) lead to too hard & bumpy ride. I did notice slight sidewall flex at 28, ONLY when the car is parked in an incline with the front facing downward. I assume this is because the front right tyre bears more load.

However I didn't see any issues while driving the car in terms of handling and comfort.
Can you share rim and tyre sizes please?

Most Viewed