Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2016, 17:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Falken Sincera: Excessive sidewall flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
Can you share rim and tyre sizes please?
I am using 185/65 R14 tyre on stock 14" steel rims. Manufacturing date is WW34 2015.
Stock tyre size was 175/65 R14.
Old 14th June 2016, 10:36   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
I am using 185/65 R14 tyre on stock 14" steel rims. Manufacturing date is WW34 2015.
Stock tyre size was 175/65 R14.
My case is similar. Just that mine are r15. Furthermore, my rims are much wider at 6.5". What baffles me is that wider rims should make the tyre sidewalls stiffer since it is stretched more. Still have tons of flex.
Old 14th June 2016, 10:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Does increasing the pressure make any difference to the flexing?
Old 14th June 2016, 11:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Does increasing the pressure make any difference to the flexing?
No difference. I tried all the way to 40 PSI.
Old 14th June 2016, 16:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

With other options being tried out so far, is tyre bead profile mating correctly with your alloys? What's letter written on alloys after '15x6.5'?
Old 9th July 2016, 11:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
With other options being tried out so far, is tyre bead profile mating correctly with your alloys? What's letter written on alloys after '15x6.5'?
I havent really checked. It was J i think. Will find out and and share.
Old 20th October 2016, 14:43   #37
BHPian

Falken Tyres. How would you rate the brand, please

TYRE: What is general impression on Falken brand?
Currently they are offering 4 tyres of 195-65-15 @Rs. 15500(Just 3875 each) plus UNCONDITIONAL warranty for 5 years !

Is this brand so bad or why such 'Chinese price' !
Can I buy ? Please advice.
Old 20th October 2016, 15:02   #38
BHPian

Re: Falken Tyres. How would you rate the brand, please

I have just installed them on my car. A friend of mine has them on couple of his cars and swears by them and urged me to get them for mine.

Initial impression; really good ride and grip. Seems like a value for money product which seems to slip under everyone's radar due to the low profile of the company.

The tyres are made in India (hence the low price) with collaboration from Sumitomo Chemicals of Japan (owner of the brand). Its a part of the giant conglomerate Sumitomo which has Mazda cars among numerous famous investments as part of its portfolio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
Currently they are offering 4 tyres of 195-65-15 @Rs. 15500(Just 3875 each) plus UNCONDITIONAL warranty for 5 years !

PratikPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 15:03   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Falken is now sold in India and it is not a chinese tyre http://falkentyre.in/

I picked up a set of 4 from online site and have been using them for last few months on our Santro. So far so good and are serving well, not too soft nor hard and road noise is also quite ok.

Do check on the warranty since the landing page on the site has some notice wrt online sales etc, which even i was not aware of till now.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 15:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had bought them for my swift and these are good tyres. Very good grip and low noise compared to Indian brands.
These tyres are made in the same plant as Apollo tyres.
When I bought them, it came with 2 years road hazard warranty which would replace any tyre damaged by road conditions including sidewall cuts etc.
Old 20th October 2016, 15:31   #41
BHPian

"So far good..." Great!

Yes, I counter-checked on the Warranty: Ist two years unconditional, even damaged by a stone on side wall they replace, and the next 3 years normal warranty, means you will have to pay some amount based on usage.

Still great !
And if Sumitomo-owned: They won't release a bad stuff to market, we can depend on.
I'm buying.
Old 20th October 2016, 15:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have these tyres on my Corolla for the last 8k kms(195/60 R15). I had ordered them through Paytm and surprisingly they were manufactured in the same month. Frankly I had no hopes from them considering their price, but I am mighty impressed. The ride quality and tyre noise is way better than the bridgestone potenza's I had prior to these tyres. No complaints with the handling either. If I face no issues in the first 25k kms, I would mind replacing them with the same tyres although with 205's.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2016, 16:13   #43
BHPian

I bought 2 of Falken Sincera 195:65:15 to replace my front tyres.
Riding experience is extra fine: I dont feel there are tyres in the front, but feel the front moves on sort of Maglev system !!

(Last I changed tyre 2 years back, hence the surprise and flying sensation, mostly... )
Old 23rd May 2017, 14:20   #44
BANNED

Any recent review on Falken Sincera tyres?

I am on verge of changing my 4 tyres and price difference between Falken and Yoko earth1 are almost 400/- a piece. Considering I am planning to run on these tyres for about 2 years and about 20K maximum, can I add Falken to my shortlist? My plan of 2 year use also suits with Falken's 2 years unconditional warranty along with 5 year standard warranty.

All I am looking at comfortable and safe ride with low tyre noise. Mostly my drives are on city and once a month sort highway trips. But the area I resides, being a construction zone, tyres are prone to punctures. Would the soft rubber of Falken can be a issue?

My other consideration is Apollo, but I doubt if Amazer would be a good improvement over the current MRFs.
Old 24th May 2017, 10:41   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I am on verge of changing my 4 tyres and price difference between Falken and Yoko earth1 are almost 400/- a piece. Considering I am planning to run on these tyres for about 2 years and about 20K maximum, can I add Falken to my shortlist? My plan of 2 year use also suits with Falken's 2 years unconditional warranty along with 5 year standard warranty.

All I am looking at comfortable and safe ride with low tyre noise. Mostly my drives are on city and once a month sort highway trips. But the area I resides, being a construction zone, tyres are prone to punctures. Would the soft rubber of Falken can be a issue?

My other consideration is Apollo, but I doubt if Amazer would be a good improvement over the current MRFs.
I can comment on the Yoko Earth 1 which I have been using for the past ~10k kms. I live in an area where there is a lot of construction going on and the roads themselves are very bad. Haven't faced any issue with these tyres. I believe for predominant city use, you could use the Sincera.

I ran the Amazer for 36k kms before getting the Earth 1. They were pretty tough too and I faced 2 punctures in those 36k kms.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks