Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2017, 11:11   #46
BANNED

Re: Falken Sincera: Excessive sidewall flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I can comment on the Yoko Earth 1 which I have been using for the past ~10k kms.
No doubt on Yoko. I would have blindly get Yoko, if I would be planning to make some miles on it, provided my current plan is for lesser miles before upgrading the ride itself, I am thinking of a cheaper yet safe and comfortable set of tyres.

Though on paper Falken seems to tick all areas, it would be better if someone can give some real world scenarios. The price vs the technicality seems too good, better be true.

Quote:
I ran the Amazer for 36k kms before getting the Earth 1. They were pretty tough too and I faced 2 punctures in those 36k kms.
Aren't the Amazers the erstwhile Aceleres ? From your experience, how is the tyre noise after 10K and also grip and comfort level? As I have checked with few dealers Amazers and Alnac regulars (not the excellent 4Gs) are similarly priced at level of Falken Sinceras and Bridgestone B290s.
Old 24th May 2017, 11:28   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
No doubt on Yoko. I would have blindly get Yoko, if I would be planning to make some miles on it, provided my current plan is for lesser miles before upgrading the ride itself, I am thinking of a cheaper yet safe and comfortable set of tyres.

Though on paper Falken seems to tick all areas, it would be better if someone can give some real world scenarios. The price vs the technicality seems too good, better be true.

Aren't the Amazers the erstwhile Aceleres ? From your experience, how is the tyre noise after 10K and also grip and comfort level? As I have checked with few dealers Amazers and Alnac regulars (not the excellent 4Gs) are similarly priced at level of Falken Sinceras and Bridgestone B290s.
I had short-listed on the Sinceras and the Earth 1s when I was planning a tyre upgrade. I was looking for long term use and long highway trips too.While I was convinced with the Sincera, when the time came to buy, online offers left 200 bucks of difference (or less?) between the two tyre brands. I got the Yoko eventually as I wanted to play "safe". Since you intend to use it for a shorter term and that too, within the city mostly, Sincera shouldn't be a problem.

The Amazer 3G was OEM tyres which came with my car. I feel they lose tyre thread depth very quickly. I have observed this on most WagonRs where the tyres will suggest the car is at least 10k km older than what the car actually is. Comfort was good but grip levels were bad and so was noise.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 11:37   #48
BANNED

Thanks for the useful information.
As most of the tyre companies are explicitly forbidding online sales, I mostly looking at offline market. Also comparing offline market rates to online, I am getting surprisingly lower rate in offline market.

Currently, the Yokos are offers at 3200/- a piece where Falkens are at 2900/- a piece. All these are casual inquiries over the phone to authorized sellers.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 11:58   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

These rates are surprisingly much lower than what I got. Mind sharing the tyre size that you are looking at, because I remember a slight upsize on the tyre specs increased the prices a lot.
Old 24th May 2017, 12:19   #50
BANNED

Quote:
These rates are surprisingly much lower than what I got. Mind sharing the tyre size that you are looking at, because I remember a slight upsize on the tyre specs increased the prices a lot.
Ahh, extremely sorry, I should have share the size when I am discussing tyres, my bad, skipped my brain.

Mine is 165/70 R14, currently being tortured by MRFs .
All prices I mentioned are for stock size. I may go for 175/65 R14 profile but need to check at the price difference and use (heart vs mind).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks