Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2020, 11:46   #31
BHPian

Re: 3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread

50,000 kilometres on Michelin Primacy SUV

Had my first puncture couple of days back after 50,000 kilometres on Michelin Primacy SUV tyres. Tyres look good for atleast 15000 more kilometres. Michelins are slightly more silent and provided marginally better, however the surprising fact I have lost 2 MRF tyres due to sidewall cuts where as Michelins have fared better. I have put Michelins through more hard/rough usage than the MRFs but still they held together. I will recommend these tyres for anyone looking for good highway performance and reliable tyres.

I would like to know if any of our forum members here are using Michelin LTX tyres or continental cross contact considering my increased usage of endeavour on bad roads & need for slightly stronger sidewall. I know Yokohama Geolander is the favourite, but it's tough for me to go yokohama tyres after having very bad experience with them(es100, s drives..etc) in past unless there are no equally capable tyres.
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 15:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
I will update the results of this change when some decent miles have been munched.
How much have the tyres munched to date?? Whats ur feedback on Falken?
Old 20th December 2020, 16:31   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
How much have the tyres munched to date?? Whats ur feedback on Falken?
Am quite happy with the Falkens. Have done approx 32,000 kms so far and they seem to have atleast 30,000 kms more life in them.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 22:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Am quite happy with the Falkens.
Would love to know the details of the Falken dealer you've bought from. Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 08:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

According to some research and actual feedback, I have listed the best tyres for the Endeavour in decending order.

Stock size: 265/60R18.

1) Cooper AT - Best of both worlds, and minimum noise. Good for all terrains.
2) BFG KO2 - One of the best, but too noisy. If you can bear the noise, heavier steering and mild drop in mileage, these are the best.
3) Apollo Apterra AT2 - One of the best replacement for MRF - Super silent, aggressive grip and good on wet conditions.
4) Yokohama Geolander- The ones before had very weak sidewalls. The current GO15 seem better, but still heard horror stories of weak sidewalls. Overall the grip is excellent.
5) Falken Wildpeak - Good tyres and the cheapest among all - about 11000 a piece. Long term review required.

Other brands like Michelin, Continental are also good, but I would select tyres which are best suited for Indian conditions. On the other hand the Endeavour definitely requires AT tyres.

Currently there is a big shortage of tyres, so imported tyres will be a problem.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th August 2021 at 07:31. Reason: week = weak. :-).
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 01:58   #36
BHPian

Recently replaced the tyres of my Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium with Michelin Primacy SUV 285-60-R-18. Previously I had 265-60-R18 Michelin Primacy SUV which I had changed on the day of the delivery of the vehicle. After driving for 40k Km, changed to the 285-60-R-18. Unfortunately, the ride quality has become really bad. Handling too has become bad. Also it does feel a little drag on the engine. I have tried various air pressures. 32 PSI/ 34PSI : very very hard drive. 28 PSI. The vehicle starts to drag and wiggles a lot. Any one has had a poor experience of fitting oversized tyres in their Endeavours? Thinking of moving back to the stock size. Various experiences and opinions will be welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-img_5424.jpg  

ashishkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 13:17   #37
BHPian

Hey guys,

Looking to replace my stock set of MRF Wanderers on my 2017 Ford Endeavour 3.2 4x4. I have my heart set on the Yoko Geolandar A/T (G015) in 285/60 R18 (upsize) as per recommendation by Pal Tyres here in Mumbai.

I have two questions:
1. A/T or H/T?
- The car is mostly driven on the highway coupled with a certain level of off-roading as is required in the shoddy road industrial areas like Bhiwandi, MIDC, etc. I'm talking badly broken craters and non-existent roads.
- Given my use case, does it make sense to go for H/T just for that extra bit of plusher ride quality and lower road noise when I am on the highway, and improvise (read: drive carefully) over the rough stuff?

2. Soft sidewall?
- The stock MRF Wanderers became a nightmare towards the last leg of their life. Got multiple punctures fixed on the same tyre. I understand that, for the Yokos in A/T guise, (and the newer G015) they would have a more resilient sidewall for the aforementioned road conditions.
- Is it safe to assume that the sidewalls on the H/Ts will definitely be softer ergo more of a hassle to live with in general?

Any inputs/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Akash
Old 28th September 2021, 14:51   #38
BHPian

Replaced the Stock Wanderers with Wildpeak AT3W pre delivery of new Endeavour Sport.

Falkens came at 13K a piece after much searching in NCR, while I was able to sell the Wanderers locally for only 10K each. The switch was done the moment car was unloaded at dealership in Siliguri.

Extremely happy with this and I'm glad to have come across Manuuj's post in this thread that led me to the decision. Thanks.

3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-photo20210721153125.jpg

3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-img_0506.jpg

3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-enlight725.jpg
haldar_siliguri is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 19:39   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Replaced the Stock Wanderers with Wildpeak AT3W pre delivery of new Endeavour Sport.

Falkens came at 13K a piece after much searching in NCR, while I was able to sell the Wanderers locally for only 10K each. The switch was done the moment car was unloaded at dealership in Siliguri.

Extremely happy with this and I'm glad to have come across Manuuj's post in this thread that led me ..
Wow Rs.10,000 for your Wanderers is a great deal! These Falkens are superb tyres. Great grip and handling in dry and wet. Very good tread wearing also.

Mine have been used for over 42,000 kilometers and are looking quite new even now. That ofcourse depends on usage and driving style.

Wish you lots of happy miles!
Manuuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 08:16   #40
BHPian

Over 44000km, 3.75 years, stock MRF Wanderers look Like this. Should I have them replaced? The millions of small cracks is making me wonder if they will hold over a loooong highway trip.
(They have had a total of around 20 punctures by now).

Thinking my next change (whenever I do) will be Michelin Primacy.
Attached Thumbnails
3rd-gen Ford Endeavour : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-ceba8988178644c48454c95de148c656.jpeg  

parambyte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 10:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parambyte View Post
Over 44000km, 3.75 years, stock MRF Wanderers look Like this. Should I have them replaced? The millions of small cracks is making me wonder if they will hold over a loooong highway trip.
(They have had a total of around 20 punctures by now).
Please get your tyres changed asap. This is like waiting for an accident to happen. The life of the MRF is finished.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 12:42   #42
BHPian

Has anyone had experience with Michelin LTX Force?
It seems Michelin Primacy are NOT available in 265/60/R18 but only in 285/60/R18. I don't want tyres bigger than I already have.
Old 12th November 2021, 19:28   #43
BHPian

So it seems Michelin Primacy, Michelin LTX Force, Yokohama Geolanders, Pirelli Scorpions (only 3 could be found) etc are not available. Apparently there is some tyre import ban/restriction.

What's available is MRF Wanderer (I am now leaning towards these tried and tested), Continental LX2 (Quite expensive at 18500 each) And Bridgestone D684.
What do you all think?
Old 12th November 2021, 20:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parambyte View Post
Has anyone had experience with Michelin LTX Force?
It seems Michelin Primacy are NOT available in 265/60/R18 but only in 285/60/R18. I don't want tyres bigger than I already have.
Hey,
I am using michelin LTX force 265/60/R18 on my endeavour since for last 15k kilometres. So far they are as good as the Michelin Primacy SuV i have had before (for around 60k kms). Road noise is slightly higher than the primacy SUV, however the LTX force looks much better and I felt the ride quality is slightly better too.
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 08:27   #45
BHPian

Thanks, I am not able to find Michelin, Yokohama or Pirelli. No company has stock, it seems. What’s available is MRF, Ceat, Continental, Bridgestone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks